June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

I feel like all the actual wedding things (as far as decor, etc) are really coming together and there only a few things left to buy (thank GOD!!) but I just started to think more about the Welcome Dinner we are having as well as the Rehearsal Dinner and I'm a little overwhelmed... I feel like I want there to be a few simple decor items..... Ideas?!? I'm thinking maybe just flower petals, candles of some kind, and maybe pictures of my FI and I through the years or something..? Hmmmm... Anyone else bringing small decorations for these events or similar events?
Oy vey...I haven't even thought about anything besides the actual day! Gulp! Lol! I'm switching between moments of panic and moments of "all right, I've got this under control"...but usually end with panic! Lol!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

I feel like all the actual wedding things (as far as decor, etc) are really coming together and there only a few things left to buy (thank GOD!!) but I just started to think more about the Welcome Dinner we are having as well as the Rehearsal Dinner and I'm a little overwhelmed... I feel like I want there to be a few simple decor items..... Ideas?!? I'm thinking maybe just flower petals, candles of some kind, and maybe pictures of my FI and I through the years or something..? Hmmmm... Anyone else bringing small decorations for these events or similar events?

We're just doing the Welcome Party. I'm not worried about the decorations mainly because it's just for an hour. Actually, I don't think I've been to a wedding where the rehearsal dinner is really decorated too much. Haha..Megan your guests are in for a treat! Such a thoughtful, hard-working bride :) There will be tables and chairs set up on the beach, but maybe I'll see what they can add as far as splashes of color go. That or I'll just feed everyone a ton of booze so they forget about the details.. KIdding!!! No... no I'm not kidding.

Speaking of decorations, I got two huge hard-shell suitcases from TJMaxx and fit ALL of my centerpieces and OOT bags in one and have another one ready to go for the other stuff. They are, by far, the most hideous suit-cases I have ever laid eyes on. One is covered in PeaCock pattern and the other is a bright purple...probably geared toward a pubescent teenage girl. But hey...they work. So WOO-HOO!!! 

OMG...I"m so freaking excited. :) :) :)

We're just doing the Welcome Party. I'm not worried about the decorations mainly because it's just for an hour. Actually, I don't think I've been to a wedding where the rehearsal dinner is really decorated too much. Haha..Megan your guests are in for a treat! Such a thoughtful, hard-working bride :) There will be tables and chairs set up on the beach, but maybe I'll see what they can add as far as splashes of color go. That or I'll just feed everyone a ton of booze so they forget about the details.. KIdding!!! No... no I'm not kidding.

Speaking of decorations, I got two huge hard-shell suitcases from TJMaxx and fit ALL of my centerpieces and OOT bags in one and have another one ready to go for the other stuff. They are, by far, the most hideous suit-cases I have ever laid eyes on. One is covered in PeaCock pattern and the other is a bright purple...probably geared toward a pubescent teenage girl. But hey...they work. So WOO-HOO!!! 

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

Oy vey...I haven't even thought about anything besides the actual day! Gulp! Lol! I'm switching between moments of panic and moments of "all right, I've got this under control"...but usually end with panic! Lol!

Hahaha! I feel EXACTLY the same!! One minute I think- "I have this under control- we're ahead of the game, here" then I think about something else and feel sooo under-prepared and behind! eeek!!! I know it will all come together, but it's crazy to think beyond the actual day like you said! :/

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

Hahaha! I feel EXACTLY the same!! One minute I think- "I have this under control- we're ahead of the game, here" then I think about something else and feel sooo under-prepared and behind! eeek!!! I know it will all come together, but it's crazy to think beyond the actual day like you said! :/

Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post

I think you're right about the Rehearsal Dinner- especially since it's just at one of the restaurants! Maybe I will just frame a couple old wedding pictures from my parents, my FI's parents, my sisters, etc and honor the ppl actually at the Rehearsal Dinner by remembering and sharing pictures from their special day. Kind of simple and basic, but the gesture is there and like you said- "Drink UP!!" hahaaha

Oh and thank you- you are too kind! I do hope my guests feel that way, though! I really want to honor them. I wonder how many ppl will notice, though. I think some ppl are confused about it being all inclusive- they think all this stuff just comes with the resort or something and all I have to do is show up- just like them.

I had one couple (friends of my soon-to-be in laws) asking polite questions out of curiosity, but when I told them even just an ounce of what I'm doing they were like "oh my goodness! wow! I just thought since it's all inclusive we'd just have dinner and just....whatever" They seemed to be clueless that it would be an actual wedding with a reception with dancing and a DJ and a legit photographer! I was a little surprised to hear them say that, but I can totally understand why they might have thought that. (even though I sent out a formal invite with that info on it..) lol!

ANYWHO...sorry about the rant. That's awesome that you found suitcases that work!!! The colors crack me up, but hey- you will spot them easily at the airport!! :) I definitely feel like the packing part is hanging over my head and it's something I want to get started on to feel just a little more closer to being done, but we just bought a house and are moving May 14-ish, so I am keeping the wedding stuff in all the boxes that came in the mail and packing it in the actual suitcases once we move.

oy vey!!! this is fun, but is it over!? hahaha jk... kind of!

Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post

I think you're right about the Rehearsal Dinner- especially since it's just at one of the restaurants! Maybe I will just frame a couple old wedding pictures from my parents, my FI's parents, my sisters, etc and honor the ppl actually at the Rehearsal Dinner by remembering and sharing pictures from their special day. Kind of simple and basic, but the gesture is there and like you said- "Drink UP!!" hahaaha

Oh and thank you- you are too kind! I do hope my guests feel that way, though! I really want to honor them. I wonder how many ppl will notice, though. I think some ppl are confused about it being all inclusive- they think all this stuff just comes with the resort or something and all I have to do is show up- just like them.

I had one couple (friends of my soon-to-be in laws) asking polite questions out of curiosity, but when I told them even just an ounce of what I'm doing they were like "oh my goodness! wow! I just thought since it's all inclusive we'd just have dinner and just....whatever" They seemed to be clueless that it would be an actual wedding with a reception with dancing and a DJ and a legit photographer! I was a little surprised to hear them say that, but I can totally understand why they might have thought that. (even though I sent out a formal invite with that info on it..) lol!

ANYWHO...sorry about the rant. That's awesome that you found suitcases that work!!! The colors crack me up, but hey- you will spot them easily at the airport!! :) I definitely feel like the packing part is hanging over my head and it's something I want to get started on to feel just a little more closer to being done, but we just bought a house and are moving May 14-ish, so I am keeping the wedding stuff in all the boxes that came in the mail and packing it in the actual suitcases once we move.

oy vey!!! this is fun, but is it over!? hahaha jk... kind of!

Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

Thank you, Ladies.. you are all right!

I will continue to use my "sweating for the wedding" to release all the stress.  I won't worry about the guests who are up in the air.  Yesterday I had a great evening with my mom and she told me:  "When you worry about all the things that might go wrong just remember that no one will know or care because they will be in Mexico having a blast!" - Mom knows best!

I actually took the time to go back to page 1 of this thread.. we all came a long way!  wow... so excited for all of us!  

Great attitude! I think if the guests dont RSVP then its like they arent coming! I am in the same boat but am only making bags for the people who have RSVP and or I know from my TA who have booked (cause MANY guests who booked didnt RSVP but whatever!) 

I mean wedding tasks cannot go on forever! We gotta check the list off!! :) 

Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

Thank you, Ladies.. you are all right!

I will continue to use my "sweating for the wedding" to release all the stress.  I won't worry about the guests who are up in the air.  Yesterday I had a great evening with my mom and she told me:  "When you worry about all the things that might go wrong just remember that no one will know or care because they will be in Mexico having a blast!" - Mom knows best!

I actually took the time to go back to page 1 of this thread.. we all came a long way!  wow... so excited for all of us!  

Great attitude! I think if the guests dont RSVP then its like they arent coming! I am in the same boat but am only making bags for the people who have RSVP and or I know from my TA who have booked (cause MANY guests who booked didnt RSVP but whatever!) 

I mean wedding tasks cannot go on forever! We gotta check the list off!! :) 

I agree with everyone else, I dont think I would stress too much about these meetings.  Our hotel wont even allow decorations at the rehearsal unless I reserve a private ballroom with a paid menu. (Ugh so annoying they want me to pay for all inclusive food every where I turn!)  My mom and bridesmaids are throwing me a bridal shower/girls day and I think they are bringing decorations but they will be decorating my room balcony or if we get down there and find a nice place outside with tables and chairs...but other than that, just bringing stuff for the reception. 

Im like you ladies though, there are days I think Man Im pretty much done! Then all of a sudden I am like I havent got my dress altered, i have no jewelry, i forgot this, i forgot that. Today is one of those list making/checking days!!