Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kellip17

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

 

I have made some progress since my mini-freak out. cheesy.gif

 

  1. Fi is all set with his clothes (he ordered and received his khaki slacks and shirt)
  2. I have ordered my dress and should have it around April 20
  3. I ordered dresses for our best peeps (3 are female, now need to sort out what the best guy peep is wearing)
  4. I ordered my maracas
  5. I finally touched base with the resort regarding the small details
  6. I the cake topper and cake table decorations (we are huge travel junkies along with a lot of our guests, so we found play airplane sets that we are going to decorate the cake table with and friends of ours found mini Lufthansa planes for the topper.  I figure since he proposed on a Lufthansa flight, that would be perfect)
  7. Found a small suitcase we are using for the card box
  8. Ordered cake boxes
  9. Started on the wording for the ceremony programs, menu cards, welcome letters, etc (need to finalize so I can use my VP coupon)
  10. Ordered the travel tumblers for the OOT bags, created the template I am using and have printed them.
  11. Found the actual OOT bags - we were going to order totes but found perfect pink and orange gift bags instead (love the dollar store)
  12. Started buying the contents for the survival kits

 

I still have lots more to do on my list, but it is a good start.  cheesy.gif

Hi CatGirl!

 

Wow, that's a lot of progress!  My turn to freak out.. lol

 

Quick question... What are you including in the survival kit?  Also, if you are including any meds, are you bringing them with you?  I'm a little worried because I read the authorities are very strict about that.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awesome Job! Did you print all of them yet? I read somewhere on these boards not to put the exact date on those b/c people will know when your guest are at the wedding and the empty room could be a target for robbers.. I never really thought too much about it but it just kinda freaked me out so I just put the June 2013 on ours. Just a thought if you haven't printed them yet!
Thanks! Yeah, darn. I already had them all printed through vistaprint. Oh well- I definitely see what you mean by it's like the most obvious way of saying "I'm not in my room!" But at the same time, on a resort like that almost no one is ever in their room. There's so much to do and enjoy that to sit in the room would be crazy. I would have done just June 2013 to be safe, but since they are already done, oh well. Thanks for the info though! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's a good idea, except for the fact that none of my darn family OR friends are coming to the wedding!  :( Out of 69 people, 8 are my side and that includes my mom, dad, sister and sisters bf!  Now I'm looking forward to my bachelorette party in Myrtle Beach in 4 weeks! ;)
I totally understand having very few ppl come- 2 of my sisters can't come, and 2 of my girlfriends that were in the wedding backed out and even my FI's brother who was also in the wedding. Oh well! That's what I have to say about that- lol! You guys will have an awesome time regardless. :) that's what we are saying about ours and totally just focusing on the people that are coming :) Yay for Bach parties!!!! Mine is the weekend of the 26th in ATL and FI's is Memorial Day weekend in Tampa. Myrtle beach will be so nice.. Enjoy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We had a "get things done" Sunday all around! My mom went to pick out and pick up our personalized jar candles for the welcome bags (from my fav candle shop in COlorado)...FI tried on his suit after alterations and it is a go! We ordered the final contents for the welcome bags (sunglasses for ladies and guys and for the little groomsmen, rest of meds, etc)....We ordered all the groomsmen ties, FI's ring...picked out my band to be ordered today...finalized favor flavors for the truffles....finalized excursions and costs.  After all the dress drama i had, my mom and younger sister helped me decide to keep the originial one i picked and have it altered sooner rather than later so I will feel better about it!  FI said "Yeah now we can just relax for two months." I was like Ummmm no...we did get a bunch done but I still have a lot to do! Which brings me to ask....did any of you ladies order your jewelry from etsy?  Or have another recommendation to look? How about a veil? Will you wear one since its a beach wedding? Or a Flower? This week I have to get my undergarments, jewelry, put together the survival kits for easier packing and unloading, finalize with the preacher and script, and work on this bouquet some more!  Hope you all are having a great Monday! 
I ordered my girls jewelry from an amazingly kind and easy to work with etsy vendor. She was so wonderful and fast and made customizations for no extra charge! The shop is BohemienneBelle and her name is Yasmin. I got them each a necklace and bracelet and made these cards myself to put them on: 400 For my necklace, I found one I love on etsy- the shop is called "HMbySemraAscioglu" and for my earrings I am wearing diamond studs my FI got me for Christmas. I'm not wearing a veil- I just imagine it whipping around in the wind like crazy. I'm wearing a feather/flower birdcage. Hope this helps :) oh and guys just don't get it- lol. Relax!.. Ha! Right... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

 

 

I ordered my girls jewelry from an amazingly kind and easy to work with etsy vendor. She was so wonderful and fast and made customizations for no extra charge!

The shop is BohemienneBelle and her name is Yasmin.

 

I got them each a necklace and bracelet and made these cards myself to put them on:

400

 

For my necklace, I found one I love on etsy- the shop is called "HMbySemraAscioglu" and for my earrings I am wearing diamond studs my FI got me for Christmas.

 

I'm not wearing a veil- I just imagine it whipping around in the wind like crazy. I'm wearing a feather/flower birdcage.

 

Hope this helps :) oh and guys just don't get it- lol. Relax!.. Ha! Right... wink.gif

I checked out her etsy shop and she has a lot of cute stuff!  Which necklace did you decide on?  It is so hard for me to visulaize what the necklaces would look like with my dress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya.  

 

As of now, survival kit contents, subject to change of course.  :)  I am only buying packets of the meds, not a big container and then separating out.  I think my guests would be like "huh?" and I don't want issues traveling into Mexico.  So where pre-packaged is what we are doing.

 

So far, I have picked up tissues (8 pack for $1), hand sanitizer (3 pack for $1) and gum (4 packs for $1) at Dollar Tree.  I picked up the mini Altoid tins at Costco last night (12 for $8.99).  I am doing custom labels for the hand sanitizers and am on the fence about the lip balm.  

 

Instead of doing first aid kits, we are doing packets of ointment with some bandaids in the bag.

 

Most of the people attending are experienced travels like we are, so they are pretty much just as prepared as we are.

 

 

Advil Packets 
Gum
Gatoraid Packets (Propel Packets)
Tums
Alka Seltzer Packets
Pepto Packets
Altoids Mini Tins
Shout Wipes
Off Wipes
Hand Sanitizer
Lip Balm
Aloe
Tissues
Curad Zinc Antibiotic
Bandaids

 

Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

Hi CatGirl!

 

Wow, that's a lot of progress!  My turn to freak out.. lol

 

Quick question... What are you including in the survival kit?  Also, if you are including any meds, are you bringing them with you?  I'm a little worried because I read the authorities are very strict about that.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

 

Hiya.  

 

As of now, survival kit contents, subject to change of course.  :)  I am only buying packets of the meds, not a big container and then separating out.  I think my guests would be like "huh?" and I don't want issues traveling into Mexico.  So where pre-packaged is what we are doing.

 

So far, I have picked up tissues (8 pack for $1), hand sanitizer (3 pack for $1) and gum (4 packs for $1) at Dollar Tree.  I picked up the mini Altoid tins at Costco last night (12 for $8.99).  I am doing custom labels for the hand sanitizers and am on the fence about the lip balm.  

 

Instead of doing first aid kits, we are doing packets of ointment with some bandaids in the bag.

 

Most of the people attending are experienced travels like we are, so they are pretty much just as prepared as we are.

 

 

Advil Packets 
Gum
Gatoraid Packets (Propel Packets)
Tums
Alka Seltzer Packets
Pepto Packets
Altoids Mini Tins
Shout Wipes
Off Wipes
Hand Sanitizer
Lip Balm
Aloe
Tissues
Curad Zinc Antibiotic
Bandaids

 

You survival kits sound just like mine! Just kept it basic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus, we are only doing a weekend (Thursday - Sunday) versus a week like most of you. cheesy.gif

 

We do have other things for the OOT bags, travel tumblers for hot and cold beverages, mexican rubber duckies (the Lufthansa First Class Terminal is one of my favorite places and they give out rubber duckies and are kind of like a trophy.  Quite a few guests have been there, hence the rubber duckies, lol) and the "just in case kits".  I said survival kit to my Fi and he looked at me like I had 2 heads.  So we are calling them just in case kits.  cheesy.gif

 

We are debating when to hand out the maracas.  We thought about before the ceremony, but then people may forget to bring them to dinner.  So we may just have them placed on top of the menu cards at each place setting.

 

We are also not doing a full blown reception, just dinner and perhaps the disco later or going into PDC.  

 

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

You survival kits sound just like mine! Just kept it basic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

 

Hey ladies I just got an email from wedding chicks for 40% off until April 15th. The checkout code is unclesam

Awesome!!!! I just bought stuff. haha. Thank you, Natalie! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

 

Plus, we are only doing a weekend (Thursday - Sunday) versus a week like most of you. cheesy.gif

 

We do have other things for the OOT bags, travel tumblers for hot and cold beverages, mexican rubber duckies (the Lufthansa First Class Terminal is one of my favorite places and they give out rubber duckies and are kind of like a trophy.  Quite a few guests have been there, hence the rubber duckies, lol) and the "just in case kits".  I said survival kit to my Fi and he looked at me like I had 2 heads.  So we are calling them just in case kits.  cheesy.gif

 

We are debating when to hand out the maracas.  We thought about before the ceremony, but then people may forget to bring them to dinner.  So we may just have them placed on top of the menu cards at each place setting.

 

We are also not doing a full blown reception, just dinner and perhaps the disco later or going into PDC.  

 

We're calling ours: 'The "Oh Shit" Kit'... haha. And underneath that it reads ....'because "shit" happens.'

 

Haha...I'm having too much fun with this stuff. It's so close i've been floating ever since April hit. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Best Wedding Planners in India
    • Unfortunately, pregnancy yoga training is a time of extreme. It's all part of the deal; even the stress is often a normal effect of the hormones that are raging through your system. But you have to keep stress at a controlled level because you have to think of your health and that of your baby. Here are some tips on how to keep stress at bay during pregnancy: 1. Evaluate your activities. Pregnancy is a time of many changes; your body is changing and your life is also about to change. You are transitioning to becoming a new mother. While you're at it, it's high time to change your activities as well. Evaluate your activities by checking your schedule. Perhaps you lived quite a busy life before. That can be pretty stressful and may even put your pregnancy at risk, so it would be best to slow things down a bit now that you're pregnant. Pregnancy has its way of affecting your mood and making you feel tired all the time, so there will be times when you just won't be productive. So instead of piling up on tasks, choose activities that you can drop or delegate to someone else. 2. Break the bad habits. Whether you really were trying to get pregnant or pregnancy crept up on you, somewhere along the way you will face the need to break your bad habits. What are these notorious bad habits you definitely have to say goodbye to during your pregnancy? · Smoking · Alcohol consumption · Too much coffee or any other beverage that contains caffeine One good way of breaking bad habits, even ones that you've had for years, is subliminal programming. Subliminal programming means re-training the mind; it works in two steps: · Removing negative embedded factors in the subconscious Since this method communicates directly with the subconscious, which is responsible for directing our actions and behaviors, it is more effective than consciously deciding to stop smoking or drinking. 3. Take up meditation. If you haven't tried it before, now is the best time to take up meditation. There are many tips and instructions online as well as many books on the subject. You can learn it on your own or join a meditation class. Meditation is the art of emptying the mind to relax both the mind and the body. It is also very effective in regulating emotions, which can be hard to control when you're pregnant. If you have plenty of time to spare, join a yoga class. 4. Block the horror stories. Every woman who's been pregnant loves telling her pregnancy stories to non-pregnant or newly pregnant women. It's their way of saying "welcome to the club." While good advice is particularly helpful, most women tend to share horror stories, or stories of how stressful and emotional pregnancy was for them. You may also use subliminal messages to train your mind to block these negative stories, so you can focus on the positive things about your pregnancy. There are many positive things, too, the biggest of which is the new life inside you, so you won't run out of good thoughts to nurture in your mind.   Safe and Easy Workouts to Do During Your Pregnancy The main rule of thumb when exercising while pregnant is to modify your workouts to suit the trimester you are in and to honor what is happening to your body. What is deemed appropriate for your first trimester is certainly not for your third trimester. However, there are several exercises that you can perform right through to the end. Let's examine the first trimester. You are just beginning your nine-month journey. You may be feeling a bit more tired, perhaps queazy, but you may not even be showing a baby bump yet. At this time, if you have already had a workout program in place, you can continue with what you've been doing.  Some doctors may not advise any lying down exercises at any time during your pregnancy, but speak with your physician to determine if this modification is necessary. Appropriate exercise for the first trimester: • your normal routine (within limits) • walking • swimming • low impact aerobics (keeping heart rate low) • strength training • yoga As you move into your second trimester, you may be feeling a surge of energy but your body is showing the pregnancy more and certain workouts may not feel as good. Around this time, lying down is not totally recommended and keeping heart rate low and core body temperature low is important. The importance of abdominal and pelvic floor strength should be highlighted throughout your pregnancy, so if you haven't already started, Kegal exercises should be implemented in all workouts you do. What is a Kegal? The pelvic floor muscles are like a hammock of muscles located at the base of your torso and under your pelvis. To do a Kegal, simply engage the muscles that you would use to urinate. Keeping these muscles strong may make for an easier birth and less pregnancy related incontinence. Appropriate exercise for the second trimester: • Kegal exercises • pelvic tilts (with head elevated with pillows) • walking • swimming • easy yoga • strength training (lighter weights) As you move into your third trimester, you are now getting to the top of your pregnancy weight which may change the way you stand, how long you can sit, and your sense of balance. Aches and pains from your changing body are probably felt more now. Workouts now become about making you comfortable and making sure you simply maintain what you have. A safe abdominal exercise, which also makes your back feel great, is an all-fours cat stretch and contraction. To do: on a rug or sticky mat, go down onto hands and knees. Keeping back straight, simply pull your abdominals in towards your spine without altering the straight position of your back.. Repeat 10 times. From there, round your back up, like an angry cat, feeling a stretch over your shoulders and spine, then release. Repeat 5 times. Prenatal yoga is great for elevating your mood, may help you sleep better, and decreases pregnancy aches and pains. Just make sure you speak with your doctor first and remember to never start a new program while pregnant. Keeping up with what you're doing is super and will make for an easier birth and a faster recovery. Susanna Marchesa, FitOrbit Trainer  Created by legendary fitness legend Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake, having an online personal trainer is the all-in-one complete solution that eliminates the guesswork and guarantees results! At FitOrbit, you'll get one-click access to the world's best fitness and weight loss online personal trainers anytime, everywhere!  
    • I came across this giveaway on instagram for a wedding video and photo sessions, Just wanted to share in case any new brides are looking for a video. Giveaway end on Sunday July 12 2020 https://www.instagram.com/p/CCY-JgHpNB-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...