Sign in to follow this  
kellip17

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Originally Posted by catgirl View Post

I have made some progress since my mini-freak out. cheesy.gif

1. Fi is all set with his clothes (he ordered and received his khaki slacks and shirt)
  2. I have ordered my dress and should have it around April 20
  3. I ordered dresses for our best peeps (3 are female, now need to sort out what the best guy peep is wearing)
  4. I ordered my maracas
  5. I finally touched base with the resort regarding the small details
  6. I the cake topper and cake table decorations (we are huge travel junkies along with a lot of our guests, so we found play airplane sets that we are going to decorate the cake table with and friends of ours found mini Lufthansa planes for the topper.  I figure since he proposed on a Lufthansa flight, that would be perfect)
  7. Found a small suitcase we are using for the card box
  8. Ordered cake boxes
  9. Started on the wording for the ceremony programs, menu cards, welcome letters, etc (need to finalize so I can use my VP coupon)
  10. Ordered the travel tumblers for the OOT bags, created the template I am using and have printed them.
  11. Found the actual OOT bags - we were going to order totes but found perfect pink and orange gift bags instead (love the dollar store)
  12. Started buying the contents for the survival kits

I still have lots more to do on my list, but it is a good start.  cheesy.gif

Hi CatGirl!

Wow, that's a lot of progress!  My turn to freak out.. lol

Quick question... What are you including in the survival kit?  Also, if you are including any meds, are you bringing them with you?  I'm a little worried because I read the authorities are very strict about that.. 

Awesome Job! Did you print all of them yet? I read somewhere on these boards not to put the exact date on those b/c people will know when your guest are at the wedding and the empty room could be a target for robbers.. I never really thought too much about it but it just kinda freaked me out so I just put the June 2013 on ours. Just a thought if you haven't printed them yet!
Thanks! Yeah, darn. I already had them all printed through vistaprint. Oh well- I definitely see what you mean by it's like the most obvious way of saying "I'm not in my room!" But at the same time, on a resort like that almost no one is ever in their room. There's so much to do and enjoy that to sit in the room would be crazy. I would have done just June 2013 to be safe, but since they are already done, oh well. Thanks for the info though! :)

That's a good idea, except for the fact that none of my darn family OR friends are coming to the wedding!  :( Out of 69 people, 8 are my side and that includes my mom, dad, sister and sisters bf!  Now I'm looking forward to my bachelorette party in Myrtle Beach in 4 weeks! ;)
I totally understand having very few ppl come- 2 of my sisters can't come, and 2 of my girlfriends that were in the wedding backed out and even my FI's brother who was also in the wedding. Oh well! That's what I have to say about that- lol! You guys will have an awesome time regardless. :) that's what we are saying about ours and totally just focusing on the people that are coming :) Yay for Bach parties!!!! Mine is the weekend of the 26th in ATL and FI's is Memorial Day weekend in Tampa. Myrtle beach will be so nice.. Enjoy!!!

We had a "get things done" Sunday all around! My mom went to pick out and pick up our personalized jar candles for the welcome bags (from my fav candle shop in COlorado)...FI tried on his suit after alterations and it is a go! We ordered the final contents for the welcome bags (sunglasses for ladies and guys and for the little groomsmen, rest of meds, etc)....We ordered all the groomsmen ties, FI's ring...picked out my band to be ordered today...finalized favor flavors for the truffles....finalized excursions and costs.  After all the dress drama i had, my mom and younger sister helped me decide to keep the originial one i picked and have it altered sooner rather than later so I will feel better about it!  FI said "Yeah now we can just relax for two months." I was like Ummmm no...we did get a bunch done but I still have a lot to do! Which brings me to ask....did any of you ladies order your jewelry from etsy?  Or have another recommendation to look? How about a veil? Will you wear one since its a beach wedding? Or a Flower? This week I have to get my undergarments, jewelry, put together the survival kits for easier packing and unloading, finalize with the preacher and script, and work on this bouquet some more!  Hope you all are having a great Monday! 
I ordered my girls jewelry from an amazingly kind and easy to work with etsy vendor. She was so wonderful and fast and made customizations for no extra charge! The shop is BohemienneBelle and her name is Yasmin. I got them each a necklace and bracelet and made these cards myself to put them on: 400 For my necklace, I found one I love on etsy- the shop is called "HMbySemraAscioglu" and for my earrings I am wearing diamond studs my FI got me for Christmas. I'm not wearing a veil- I just imagine it whipping around in the wind like crazy. I'm wearing a feather/flower birdcage. Hope this helps :) oh and guys just don't get it- lol. Relax!.. Ha! Right... ;)

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

I ordered my girls jewelry from an amazingly kind and easy to work with etsy vendor. She was so wonderful and fast and made customizations for no extra charge!

The shop is BohemienneBelle and her name is Yasmin.

I got them each a necklace and bracelet and made these cards myself to put them on:

For my necklace, I found one I love on etsy- the shop is called "HMbySemraAscioglu" and for my earrings I am wearing diamond studs my FI got me for Christmas.

I'm not wearing a veil- I just imagine it whipping around in the wind like crazy. I'm wearing a feather/flower birdcage.

Hope this helps :) oh and guys just don't get it- lol. Relax!.. Ha! Right... wink.gif

I checked out her etsy shop and she has a lot of cute stuff!  Which necklace did you decide on?  It is so hard for me to visulaize what the necklaces would look like with my dress!

Hiya.  

As of now, survival kit contents, subject to change of course.  :)  I am only buying packets of the meds, not a big container and then separating out.  I think my guests would be like "huh?" and I don't want issues traveling into Mexico.  So where pre-packaged is what we are doing.

So far, I have picked up tissues (8 pack for $1), hand sanitizer (3 pack for $1) and gum (4 packs for $1) at Dollar Tree.  I picked up the mini Altoid tins at Costco last night (12 for $8.99).  I am doing custom labels for the hand sanitizers and am on the fence about the lip balm.  

Instead of doing first aid kits, we are doing packets of ointment with some bandaids in the bag.

Most of the people attending are experienced travels like we are, so they are pretty much just as prepared as we are.

Advil Packets 
Gum
Gatoraid Packets (Propel Packets)
Tums
Alka Seltzer Packets
Pepto Packets
Altoids Mini Tins
Shout Wipes
Off Wipes
Hand Sanitizer
Lip Balm
Aloe
Tissues
Curad Zinc Antibiotic
Bandaids

Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

Hi CatGirl!

Wow, that's a lot of progress!  My turn to freak out.. lol

Quick question... What are you including in the survival kit?  Also, if you are including any meds, are you bringing them with you?  I'm a little worried because I read the authorities are very strict about that.. 

Hiya.  

As of now, survival kit contents, subject to change of course.  :)  I am only buying packets of the meds, not a big container and then separating out.  I think my guests would be like "huh?" and I don't want issues traveling into Mexico.  So where pre-packaged is what we are doing.

So far, I have picked up tissues (8 pack for $1), hand sanitizer (3 pack for $1) and gum (4 packs for $1) at Dollar Tree.  I picked up the mini Altoid tins at Costco last night (12 for $8.99).  I am doing custom labels for the hand sanitizers and am on the fence about the lip balm.  

Instead of doing first aid kits, we are doing packets of ointment with some bandaids in the bag.

Most of the people attending are experienced travels like we are, so they are pretty much just as prepared as we are.

Advil Packets 
Gum
Gatoraid Packets (Propel Packets)
Tums
Alka Seltzer Packets
Pepto Packets
Altoids Mini Tins
Shout Wipes
Off Wipes
Hand Sanitizer
Lip Balm
Aloe
Tissues
Curad Zinc Antibiotic
Bandaids

You survival kits sound just like mine! Just kept it basic!

Plus, we are only doing a weekend (Thursday - Sunday) versus a week like most of you. cheesy.gif

We do have other things for the OOT bags, travel tumblers for hot and cold beverages, mexican rubber duckies (the Lufthansa First Class Terminal is one of my favorite places and they give out rubber duckies and are kind of like a trophy.  Quite a few guests have been there, hence the rubber duckies, lol) and the "just in case kits".  I said survival kit to my Fi and he looked at me like I had 2 heads.  So we are calling them just in case kits.  cheesy.gif

We are debating when to hand out the maracas.  We thought about before the ceremony, but then people may forget to bring them to dinner.  So we may just have them placed on top of the menu cards at each place setting.

We are also not doing a full blown reception, just dinner and perhaps the disco later or going into PDC.  

Originally Posted by shannonmarie View Post

You survival kits sound just like mine! Just kept it basic!

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

Hey ladies I just got an email from wedding chicks for 40% off until April 15th. The checkout code is unclesam

Awesome!!!! I just bought stuff. haha. Thank you, Natalie! 

Plus, we are only doing a weekend (Thursday - Sunday) versus a week like most of you. cheesy.gif

We do have other things for the OOT bags, travel tumblers for hot and cold beverages, mexican rubber duckies (the Lufthansa First Class Terminal is one of my favorite places and they give out rubber duckies and are kind of like a trophy.  Quite a few guests have been there, hence the rubber duckies, lol) and the "just in case kits".  I said survival kit to my Fi and he looked at me like I had 2 heads.  So we are calling them just in case kits.  cheesy.gif

We are debating when to hand out the maracas.  We thought about before the ceremony, but then people may forget to bring them to dinner.  So we may just have them placed on top of the menu cards at each place setting.

We are also not doing a full blown reception, just dinner and perhaps the disco later or going into PDC.  

We're calling ours: 'The "Oh Shit" Kit'... haha. And underneath that it reads ....'because "shit" happens.'

Haha...I'm having too much fun with this stuff. It's so close i've been floating ever since April hit. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!