June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright party people. We're heading out this morning. I just wanted to give one final "Safe travels, good luck, early congrats" to all of you ladies, as I'll be in Mexico the next 18 days. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to come back and hear how beautiful all of your weddings were. I'll try to get on here while i'm down there to give updates to a few of you Playa Del Carmen ladies on what's available on 5th and at Wal-mart. Two things we did last minute, that I wanted to suggest: 1. Call your bank and let them know you'll be out of the country 2. Updated my phone plan to International Coverage for a temporary period. It's $.99/minute, $.50 text messages out and $.05 text messages in. I also paid $25 for 100GB of data while I'm down there b/c that costs more as well when you go out of the US. Since we'll be there for an extended period of time, I wanted to be sure I could post pics, reach out to the fam, etc. That's it! Have an amazing time, ladies! And remember, if something is stressing you out at this point in the game, cut it out of the agenda. It's not worth your stress, you should be nothing but elated...you're getting married and you're the bride to be!!! :) xoxoxoxo Best Wishes Jessica
Congratulations!!!! Hope it's amazing! ;-)
Oh! And luggage locks. You all probably thought about this, but we hadn't until my cousins wife mentioned it. :)
Interesting about the luggage locks. I was always told not to use them, as they will just break them to inspect your luggage anyways.

Alright party people. We're heading out this morning. I just wanted to give one final "Safe travels, good luck, early congrats" to all of you ladies, as I'll be in Mexico the next 18 days. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to come back and hear how beautiful all of your weddings were. I'll try to get on here while i'm down there to give updates to a few of you Playa Del Carmen ladies on what's available on 5th and at Wal-mart. Two things we did last minute, that I wanted to suggest: 1. Call your bank and let them know you'll be out of the country 2. Updated my phone plan to International Coverage for a temporary period. It's $.99/minute, $.50 text messages out and $.05 text messages in. I also paid $25 for 100GB of data while I'm down there b/c that costs more as well when you go out of the US. Since we'll be there for an extended period of time, I wanted to be sure I could post pics, reach out to the fam, etc. That's it! Have an amazing time, ladies! And remember, if something is stressing you out at this point in the game, cut it out of the agenda. It's not worth your stress, you should be nothing but elated...you're getting married and you're the bride to be!!! :) xoxoxoxo Best Wishes Jessica
Good luck Jessica! We leave 2 weeks from today and I can't wait! Great ideas about banks and phone plans...it might also be worth mentioning to your bank that you will be putting several thousand dollars on a credit card when you're down there...I read someone on here had difficulty bc their credit card had $3000/day limit. Have a great time and don't forget to relax!!

Yayy!!! Congrats and best of luck with everything. You will hve a beautiful wedding! Safe travels!!

Have a safe trip and beautiful wedding! I leave June 21st and am getting excited! I have a question--how is everyone transporting their dress?

Have a safe trip and beautiful wedding! I leave June 21st and am getting excited! I have a question--how is everyone transporting their dress?
The lady who did my alterations ha suggested that I let her roll my dress and pack it in a carry on suitcase. I was planning on just asking the airline to hang it but then heard that jet blue doesn't have a coat closet. Packing it in a suitcase will be easier in the long run but will also take away from my clothing allowance haha! Ill probably have her pack it with my finances shirt/pants and a bathing suit for each of us and change of clothes for each of us just in case. Hoping to finish clothes shoppin this weekend and then will really be all set to go!

The lady who did my alterations ha suggested that I let her roll my dress and pack it in a carry on suitcase. I was planning on just asking the airline to hang it but then heard that jet blue doesn't have a coat closet. Packing it in a suitcase will be easier in the long run but will also take away from my clothing allowance haha! Ill probably have her pack it with my finances shirt/pants and a bathing suit for each of us and change of clothes for each of us just in case. Hoping to finish clothes shoppin this weekend and then will really be all set to go!
I'm thinking of doing this. It seems like it would be easier than carrying it. I'm having it steamed at the resort so it should be ok. Ithanks for your help!

Originally Posted by safety75 View Post

Have a safe trip and beautiful wedding! I leave June 21st and am getting excited!

I have a question--how is everyone transporting their dress?

I am carrying my own in its bag. I would love to roll it up and put it in a carry on as it is heavy, but our resort has no way of steaming and my dress' material is one that will for sure wrinkle. they told me not to even lay it across my arm so Im going to be looking awesome walking with it over my head, arm up and all! hah.  im just going to board early and ask if they can put it in the closet because honestly i think its too big to lay in an overhead! we did get first class so im hoping that helps cause we can board early.