Photo

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#771 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Oh! And luggage locks. You all probably thought about this, but we hadn't until my cousins wife mentioned it. :)

#772 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
    • 683 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
    • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

Alright party people. We're heading out this morning. I just wanted to give one final "Safe travels, good luck, early congrats" to all of you ladies, as I'll be in Mexico the next 18 days. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to come back and hear how beautiful all of your weddings were. I'll try to get on here while i'm down there to give updates to a few of you Playa Del Carmen ladies on what's available on 5th and at Wal-mart. Two things we did last minute, that I wanted to suggest: 1. Call your bank and let them know you'll be out of the country 2. Updated my phone plan to International Coverage for a temporary period. It's $.99/minute, $.50 text messages out and $.05 text messages in. I also paid $25 for 100GB of data while I'm down there b/c that costs more as well when you go out of the US. Since we'll be there for an extended period of time, I wanted to be sure I could post pics, reach out to the fam, etc. That's it! Have an amazing time, ladies! And remember, if something is stressing you out at this point in the game, cut it out of the agenda. It's not worth your stress, you should be nothing but elated...you're getting married and you're the bride to be!!! :) xoxoxoxo Best Wishes Jessica

Congratulations!!!! Hope it's amazing! ;-)

Oh! And luggage locks. You all probably thought about this, but we hadn't until my cousins wife mentioned it. :)

Interesting about the luggage locks. I was always told not to use them, as they will just break them to inspect your luggage anyways.

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#773 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
    • 81 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Thank you! Yeah, that's what we read too, but we have so much stuff that if they need to break them, that's fine. But at least thise who would go in just to steal something, they won't bother :)

#774 kard613

kard613
      • 225 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Alright party people. We're heading out this morning. I just wanted to give one final "Safe travels, good luck, early congrats" to all of you ladies, as I'll be in Mexico the next 18 days. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to come back and hear how beautiful all of your weddings were. I'll try to get on here while i'm down there to give updates to a few of you Playa Del Carmen ladies on what's available on 5th and at Wal-mart. Two things we did last minute, that I wanted to suggest: 1. Call your bank and let them know you'll be out of the country 2. Updated my phone plan to International Coverage for a temporary period. It's $.99/minute, $.50 text messages out and $.05 text messages in. I also paid $25 for 100GB of data while I'm down there b/c that costs more as well when you go out of the US. Since we'll be there for an extended period of time, I wanted to be sure I could post pics, reach out to the fam, etc. That's it! Have an amazing time, ladies! And remember, if something is stressing you out at this point in the game, cut it out of the agenda. It's not worth your stress, you should be nothing but elated...you're getting married and you're the bride to be!!! :) xoxoxoxo Best Wishes Jessica

Good luck Jessica! We leave 2 weeks from today and I can't wait! Great ideas about banks and phone plans...it might also be worth mentioning to your bank that you will be putting several thousand dollars on a credit card when you're down there...I read someone on here had difficulty bc their credit card had $3000/day limit. Have a great time and don't forget to relax!!

#775 MMK0386

MMK0386
        • 367 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
        • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

Yayy!!! Congrats and best of luck with everything. You will hve a beautiful wedding! Safe travels!!

#776 safety75

safety75
        • 287 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

Have a safe trip and beautiful wedding! I leave June 21st and am getting excited! I have a question--how is everyone transporting their dress?

#777 kard613

kard613
          • 225 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Have a safe trip and beautiful wedding! I leave June 21st and am getting excited! I have a question--how is everyone transporting their dress?

The lady who did my alterations ha suggested that I let her roll my dress and pack it in a carry on suitcase. I was planning on just asking the airline to hang it but then heard that jet blue doesn't have a coat closet. Packing it in a suitcase will be easier in the long run but will also take away from my clothing allowance haha! Ill probably have her pack it with my finances shirt/pants and a bathing suit for each of us and change of clothes for each of us just in case. Hoping to finish clothes shoppin this weekend and then will really be all set to go!

#778 safety75

safety75
            • 287 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

The lady who did my alterations ha suggested that I let her roll my dress and pack it in a carry on suitcase. I was planning on just asking the airline to hang it but then heard that jet blue doesn't have a coat closet. Packing it in a suitcase will be easier in the long run but will also take away from my clothing allowance haha! Ill probably have her pack it with my finances shirt/pants and a bathing suit for each of us and change of clothes for each of us just in case. Hoping to finish clothes shoppin this weekend and then will really be all set to go!

I'm thinking of doing this. It seems like it would be easier than carrying it. I'm having it steamed at the resort so it should be ok. Ithanks for your help!

#779 natalieblev

natalieblev
              • 400 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

Have a great trip Jessica! And a wonderful wedding!! cant wait to hear all about it! And thanks for the advice!

#780 natalieblev

natalieblev
                • 400 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by safety75 

Have a safe trip and beautiful wedding! I leave June 21st and am getting excited!

I have a question--how is everyone transporting their dress?

I am carrying my own in its bag. I would love to roll it up and put it in a carry on as it is heavy, but our resort has no way of steaming and my dress' material is one that will for sure wrinkle. they told me not to even lay it across my arm so Im going to be looking awesome walking with it over my head, arm up and all! hah.  im just going to board early and ask if they can put it in the closet because honestly i think its too big to lay in an overhead! we did get first class so im hoping that helps cause we can board early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users