Jump to content

Photo

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?


  • Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#751 brendalb

brendalb
  • Newbie
  • 22 posts

    Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

    Well im married it was beautiful more then i could ever expected family friends n most importantly i gained a new best friend my husband we now share something no one can break our love will see us through. We danced the night away fam friends n others came to watch in dis belief but it hPpened

    #752 natalieblev

    natalieblev
    • Jr. Member
    • 400 posts

      Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

      Oh lordy! So just gotta vent for a second. My older sister might not be coming anymore because she bought her ticket with her married name, but never changed her passport from her madien name and someone told her it would be fine. Well of course it is not fine, so now i have no idea if she is even going to be able to come because the passport office sent her passport back, unchanged, and gave some odd excuse that she isnt explaining very well. SO awesome. waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 



      #753 shannonmarie

      shannonmarie
      • Member
      • 683 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
      • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

      Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:39 AM

      Originally Posted by Jessicalynne 

       

      We leave this weekend!!! HOLY CRAP. We fly out  this Saturday and then people start rolling in Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for the June 15th wedding. I can't wait :)

       

      Talk to you ladies soon :)

      I hope your wedding is amazing!!!!

      Originally Posted by Billandstina 


      We're flying down Wednesday the 12th too! What time are you arriving? We head in at 1:30 if we make our connection! Lol

      We have a direct flight and arrive at 11:15am! :)


      62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


      #754 agm04

      agm04
      • Member
      • 548 posts

        Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

        Originally Posted by natalieblev 

        Oh lordy! So just gotta vent for a second. My older sister might not be coming anymore because she bought her ticket with her married name, but never changed her passport from her madien name and someone told her it would be fine. Well of course it is not fine, so now i have no idea if she is even going to be able to come because the passport office sent her passport back, unchanged, and gave some odd excuse that she isnt explaining very well. SO awesome. waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

        Oh no!  How terrible!  Crossing my fingers for you.



        #755 agm04

        agm04
        • Member
        • 548 posts

          Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

          Originally Posted by brendalb 

          Well im married it was beautiful more then i could ever expected family friends n most importantly i gained a new best friend my husband we now share something no one can break our love will see us through. We danced the night away fam friends n others came to watch in dis belief but it hPpened

          Congratulations!



          #756 Team Brinkman

          Team Brinkman
          • Newbie
          • 17 posts

            Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

            Are you close to an office that does emergency passports? A friend of mine had to get one done because his travel agent did not tell him that he needed to make sure his did not expire within 6 moths of travel to St. Lucia and he was able to get one within hours. If she completed everything in her name change process it should be fairly easy to do. If she didn't officially change her name with Social Security, etc. it may not work out.

             

            Anyway, hoping things work out for you. No matter what as long as it is you and your fiance and you end up married all is well. (That is what I have had to tell myself because people who were supposed to be there now have excuses!)



            #757 Avborges

            Avborges
            • Newbie
            • 121 posts

              Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

              Originally Posted by shannonmarie 


              Awesome! We land in Cancun at 11:15am, u?

              10:20 am with Aeromexico!



              #758 agm04

              agm04
              • Member
              • 548 posts

                Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

                I got my boudoir pics back!  Gotta work on getting my little black book together now!



                #759 agm04

                agm04
                • Member
                • 548 posts

                  Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

                  Guys? Can someone please talk me down? I am leaving in 11 days, getting married in 17 days, and we still haven't picked wines. Well, yes we have, but the ones we picked are no longer available. We couldn't find them in NYC (first sign that there is a problem is when you can't find a freaking bottle of wine in NY), so I called a wine store in Houston, where my in laws live, and asked if they could get it shipped in and at least my in laws could try it and let us know it was ok. So that's what they did, they tried it, said it was great. I tell the catering person it's what we want and she says the wines are no longer available. So now in addition to wasting our time and money, we have no wine selection, and there is only ONE she suggested that's at the same price level. The rest are starting at $8 more per bottle than what we chose, and I think that's unfair. Especially since we were already going to be paying $40/bottle! ANGER. Trying not to go all bridezilla on her but pretty pissed off.

                  #760 natalieblev

                  natalieblev
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 400 posts

                    Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

                    Originally Posted by Team Brinkman 

                    Are you close to an office that does emergency passports? A friend of mine had to get one done because his travel agent did not tell him that he needed to make sure his did not expire within 6 moths of travel to St. Lucia and he was able to get one within hours. If she completed everything in her name change process it should be fairly easy to do. If she didn't officially change her name with Social Security, etc. it may not work out.

                     

                    Anyway, hoping things work out for you. No matter what as long as it is you and your fiance and you end up married all is well. (That is what I have had to tell myself because people who were supposed to be there now have excuses!)

                    Thanks for the advice! She has overnighted a new form and picture and paid over 300 bucks to get it overnighted back to her, although the processing time is still unknown (between 3-5 business days). I have no idea, her husband has been taking care of it. But im just going to keep praying and praying because i will literally be a wreck without my sister! 






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users