shannonmarie
  • 683 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Avborges 

Thanks, Cat!

Girls, do you know where I can buy travel size aloe vera gel?  I can't find it anywhere...

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

I found my aloe at the travel section of Target for .99

I could not find it at walmart by the way.... You would think they would have it, but not the ones near me.

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#482 agm04

agm04
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Avborges 

Thanks, Cat!

Girls, do you know where I can buy travel size aloe vera gel?  I can't find it anywhere...

I got mine at bed bath and beyond!  It was hard to find for me, too.  They sell it on amazon but it isn't that cheap.

#483 Avborges

Avborges
    • 121 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Thanks everyone.  I'm getting it from Minimus at $0.91.  Sounds cheap until you have to buy 50 of them!  lol

http://www.minimus.b...0b-76ded4f47980

My "gringo survival kit" will have:

- tylenol

- tums

- insect repellent wipe

- purell wipe

- mints

- lip balm

We will also include on the overall welcome bag:

- water bottle

- tequila bottle

- hand fan for women (to bring to the ceremony)

- handkerchief for men (to bring to the ceremony)

- mexican wedding cookies (resort will make 5 cookies for $7 - will try to negotiate)

- welcome letter

- weekend program

- door hanger sign 

- Spanish 101 fun phrases

- Personalized shot glasses for the tequila tasting (budget allowing, of course)

Am I forgetting anything?  I don't want to add things people will not use...

This is our welcome bags:  http://shop.weddingc...tote-set-of-20/  we bought it with the 40% discount coupon.

#484 catgirl

catgirl
      • 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Where did you get the insect wipes? That's the last thing on my list. We will have everything that we ordered by Thursday. Yay!

Thanks everyone.  I'm getting it from Minimus at $0.91.  Sounds cheap until you have to buy 50 of them!  lol http://www.minimus.b...0b-76ded4f47980 My "gringo survival kit" will have: - tylenol - tums - insect repellent wipe - purell wipe - mints - lip balm We will also include on the overall welcome bag: - water bottle - tequila bottle - hand fan for women (to bring to the ceremony) - handkerchief for men (to bring to the ceremony) - mexican wedding cookies (resort will make 5 cookies for $7 - will try to negotiate) - welcome letter - weekend program - door hanger sign  - Spanish 101 fun phrases - Personalized shot glasses for the tequila tasting (budget allowing, of course) Am I forgetting anything?  I don't want to add things people will not use... This is our welcome bags:  http://shop.weddingc...tote-set-of-20/   we bought it with the 40% discount coupon.

#485 Avborges

Avborges
        • 121 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

I also found the repellent wipe at http://www.minimus.b...16802-8100.aspx

#486 MMK0386

MMK0386
          • 367 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 28, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori in Riviera Maya, MX
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm working with Dennis and he has been fantastic.  He happened to be in Mexico when we visited for the first time and he drove us around and showed us a bunch of resorts with his wife, Pam.  He has been very attentive to our guests and I don't know that this is his fault or the resorts.  We spoke yesterday and I just told him to make it right.  The resort needs to make someone else upset, not the guest who's bring another 40-something guests and a ton of business. I know we will be in Mexico but this is the one thing I requested so we could have friends and family over.  I will have at least 8 people with me while I am getting ready and it will not fit in the room.  Who is your TA?

My TA is Marcia. I feel like she is pretty good. I think she got us our upgrade confirmed back when we booked, but now I want to double check... Especially since I got the same email today!!! I was shocked to hear that our resort is totally booked! Good luck with getting the room you want!! Like you said, you deserve it! You are bringing them a lot of business!

#487 MMK0386

MMK0386
          • 367 posts
          • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

I feel like all the actual wedding things (as far as decor, etc) are really coming together and there only a few things left to buy (thank GOD!!) but I just started to think more about the Welcome Dinner we are having as well as the Rehearsal Dinner and I'm a little overwhelmed... I feel like I want there to be a few simple decor items..... Ideas?!? I'm thinking maybe just flower petals, candles of some kind, and maybe pictures of my FI and I through the years or something..? Hmmmm... Anyone else bringing small decorations for these events or similar events?

#488 Billandstina

Billandstina
          • 396 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

I feel like all the actual wedding things (as far as decor, etc) are really coming together and there only a few things left to buy (thank GOD!!) but I just started to think more about the Welcome Dinner we are having as well as the Rehearsal Dinner and I'm a little overwhelmed... I feel like I want there to be a few simple decor items..... Ideas?!? I'm thinking maybe just flower petals, candles of some kind, and maybe pictures of my FI and I through the years or something..? Hmmmm... Anyone else bringing small decorations for these events or similar events?

Oy vey...I haven't even thought about anything besides the actual day! Gulp! Lol! I'm switching between moments of panic and moments of "all right, I've got this under control"...but usually end with panic! Lol!

#489 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
            • 81 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by MMK0386 

We're just doing the Welcome Party. I'm not worried about the decorations mainly because it's just for an hour. Actually, I don't think I've been to a wedding where the rehearsal dinner is really decorated too much. Haha..Megan your guests are in for a treat! Such a thoughtful, hard-working bride :) There will be tables and chairs set up on the beach, but maybe I'll see what they can add as far as splashes of color go. That or I'll just feed everyone a ton of booze so they forget about the details.. KIdding!!! No... no I'm not kidding.

Speaking of decorations, I got two huge hard-shell suitcases from TJMaxx and fit ALL of my centerpieces and OOT bags in one and have another one ready to go for the other stuff. They are, by far, the most hideous suit-cases I have ever laid eyes on. One is covered in PeaCock pattern and the other is a bright purple...probably geared toward a pubescent teenage girl. But hey...they work. So WOO-HOO!!! 

OMG...I"m so freaking excited. :) :) :)

#490 MMK0386

MMK0386
              • 367 posts
              • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Billandstina 

Oy vey...I haven't even thought about anything besides the actual day! Gulp! Lol! I'm switching between moments of panic and moments of "all right, I've got this under control"...but usually end with panic! Lol!

Hahaha! I feel EXACTLY the same!! One minute I think- "I have this under control- we're ahead of the game, here" then I think about something else and feel sooo under-prepared and behind! eeek!!! I know it will all come together, but it's crazy to think beyond the actual day like you said! :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users