Photo

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#301 Billandstina

Billandstina
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yup...just about 3 months out and I'm starting to panic about getting everything done in time!! Lol

#302 Avborges

Avborges
    • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

I'm on double-digits!  99 days... skeeeeeery!

#303 kard613

kard613
      • 225 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

I actually emailed my mother this morning to tell her that we need to get together to figure out what we have done and what still needs to be done.

I still haven't found my OOT bags but have started to buy things for them, I know that I need to still try to figure out table centerpieces. I hate that I have a ton of ideas and haven't finalized anything yet bc I still think I have a ton of time but really I don't!

One thing that I really need to start focusing on is the ceremony. What are most of you girls doing for the ceremony...are you coming up with your own script? If so is there somewhere that has some suggestions as to what it should look like??

#304 Billandstina

Billandstina
        • 396 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I asked my WC for a copy of the words and boy oh boy am I happy I did because WOW! Lol! Needless to say I'm changing a lot of it and correcting grammar etc so our guests understand what's being said! Lol

#305 Billandstina

Billandstina
          • 396 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I'm on double-digits!  99 days... skeeeeeery!

You and me both! Now I'm panicking! Lol

#306 natalieblev

natalieblev
            • 400 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by kard613 

I actually emailed my mother this morning to tell her that we need to get together to figure out what we have done and what still needs to be done.

I still haven't found my OOT bags but have started to buy things for them, I know that I need to still try to figure out table centerpieces. I hate that I have a ton of ideas and haven't finalized anything yet bc I still think I have a ton of time but really I don't!

One thing that I really need to start focusing on is the ceremony. What are most of you girls doing for the ceremony...are you coming up with your own script? If so is there somewhere that has some suggestions as to what it should look like??

I am like you although I have the bags, I just need to get what is going inside them!! So far we just have the beer steins, candle for the room and sunglasses. I have so much to get done in some many areas! haha

As far as the ceremony script...at our resort the WC's conduct symbolic weddings...but I wanted a religious ceremony and so i hired a local missionary pastor who is of the same religion as me and he sent me two different scripts- one more traditional and one more contemporary. Both are beautiful! But that saved us having to write our own in order to include what we wanted. Maybe look into that if your resort doesnt offer what you are looking for. 

#307 natalieblev

natalieblev
              • 400 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

The bridal salon called and said my dress should be here by the end of this month! I am so nervous cause I havent tried it on since August of last year!! And it has been a rollercoaster of "did i pick too fancy of a dress" "should i have gottens omething more beachy" "Is it even me?!" it drove me crazy!!  I hope i love it as much as i did that day!

#308 kard613

kard613
                • 225 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Natalie

I am like you although I have the bags, I just need to get what is going inside them!! So far we just have the beer steins, candle for the room and sunglasses. I have so much to get done in some many areas! haha As far as the ceremony script...at our resort the WC's conduct symbolic weddings...but I wanted a religious ceremony and so i hired a local missionary pastor who is of the same religion as me and he sent me two different scripts- one more traditional and one more contemporary. Both are beautiful! But that saved us having to write our own in order to include what we wanted. Maybe look into that if your resort doesnt offer what you are looking for. 

Natalie, I never even thought to ask for a script of the ceremony from the hotel...yet another reason why this site is so great for connecting brides!

#309 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
                  • 683 posts
                  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
                  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
                  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Did anyone read this article? The average cost of a wedding in 2012 was $28,427! That is insane! $76,687 if you live in NYC!

Makes me so happy we chose to go another route!

http://finance.yahoo...zhRqEUALuDQtDMD

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#310 natalieblev

natalieblev
                  • 400 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Did anyone read this article? The average cost of a wedding in 2012 was $28,427! That is insane! $76,687 if you live in NYC! Makes me so happy we chose to go another route! http://finance.yahoo...zhRqEUALuDQtDMD

That is pretty crazy! I could buy my first house on what some people spend in NY! But honestly including everything...and I mean everything- from bridal party gifts, resort package and any add ons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users