Photo

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#191 kard613

kard613
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Our invites are out and we have received about half of the RSVPS...put a deadline on them for the end of this month with a booking deadline of the end of March to get people to move on it.

Placards/Maraca's are ordered

Working on a few different ideas for non-centerpieces but have already confirmed that the hotel's florist has the vases we need for them

I started to purchase stuff for the OOT bags, just little things from the dollar store and some meds so far. I'm still on the hunt for the bag itself. I found the *perfect* small tote at the Dollar Tree which shows it in navy blue online but none of the stores around me (in MA or my sister in CA) have the blue. So annoying!

Had my first dress fitting...and it still fits!!!

Booked our honeymoon resort!

I am working with the hotel around what our reception will look at. We're getting married at the Riu Palace Mexico and I am so unhappy with the resort on so many different levels!  We were lead to believe that if we have over 50 people we'd be able to have a private dinner at the Steakhouse restaurant which we assumed would be most of the night. Well now I've been told I have to pick a dinner time, either 6:30 or 8:30 (our ceremony is at 5pm) and we can't have the restaurant for longer, We even offered to pay to rent it out for extra hours so we could have dancing but were told no! 

Going to look for some groom/groomsmen outfits this weekend. I don't think its going to be too hard since it's just my fiance, his brother and my brother. Surpsingly his brother and my brother are the same build so cross your fingers for us that it gets checked off the list this weekend!

#192 MK0386

MK0386
    • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by natalieblev 

Only four months away now ladies!!! Wow time flew by!

Okay so my FI had me make a spread sheet with EVERYTHING wedding related on it to see where we were with the budget. I did not want to do this originally (I was scared hah!) but it actually has helped me so much and has motivated me to start getting things bought and done so i can check them off without having a big sum catch up to us right before the wedding. AND it has challenged me (i love a challenge) to get rid of the 2000 over we were.

We are now only 800.00 over!! And counting! So happy.

This week we bought our plane tickets- found a great deal on first class (we have been looking almost daily since nov) so we got those and saved 600.00 off our original budget for those!

I found a great site for 22 oz beer steins on etsy...she has great prices, designs for free, and made in USA...So ordered 50 personalized cups for my welcome bags. 

FI got our ceremony music all ready and has his reception playlist ready to continue to add to these next few months.

We got FI's suit and some of the groomsmen have purchased theirs.  We also purchased their shoes and had them shipped to each groomsmen.

Oh I sent out my invites and have already received a few RSVP's! That feels great to be done with that. 

My bridesmaids and mom have taken over planning me a shower at the resort as well as the bach party.

I set up our excursions through a wonderful group down in Punta Cana and we are all set for that except one fishing trip for the hubs.

And now I am working on some DIY things so it doesnt get too rushed down the road!

Would love to hear what you all have been up to! 

We think alike... After we bought our airfare in Dec and then made a significant payment towards our room (and got invites out)  I felt like I had the leeway (and time and money) to go ahead and start purchasing materials for DIY projects, OOT bag supplies, decorations, etc. We have had a package come to the house almost everyday and it's getting really fun and feeling very real. Even my FI said "Everything is really coming together! We have a lot of the supplies and things now."

Currently I am working on some DIY things and also finalizing the ceremony script which is a headache bc we are having a legal ceremony in MX and the legal ceremony script is not supposed to be altered but I have gotten permission to add some things to it, so I'm trying to get that taken care of. 

Some fun projects I have completed or are almost done:

DIY table numbers

flower girl basket (a nautilus shell)

DIY spanish phrases rack card for OOT bag

DIY key/tip holder for OOT bag

have purchased all OOT bag contents- even found a cool site where I uploaded my own personalized design for koozies

DIY luggage tags

DIY bouquets, bouts, corsages

DIY reception menus

DIY sign for our son to carry down the aisle instead of a ring bearer pillow that says "Daddy, here comes your bride"

I'm sure there's more but that's what I can think of right now. Planning to order groom's attire this week/weekend!

I'm getting so excited and the wedding is pretty much all I ever think about. I can't wait for our RSVP date (March 15) so that I will have a definite final count even though I do have a pretty good idea.

What else are you girls working on??

#193 MK0386

MK0386
      • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by kard613 

Our invites are out and we have received about half of the RSVPS...put a deadline on them for the end of this month with a booking deadline of the end of March to get people to move on it.

Working on a few different ideas for non-centerpieces but have already confirmed that the hotel's florist has the vases we need for them

I started to purchase stuff for the OOT bags, just little things from the dollar store and some meds so far. I'm still on the hunt for the bag itself. I found the *perfect* small tote at the Dollar Tree which shows it in navy blue online but none of the stores around me (in MA or my sister in CA) have the blue. So annoying!

I am working with the hotel around what our reception will look at. We're getting married at the Riu Palace Mexico and I am so unhappy with the resort on so many different levels!  We were lead to believe that if we have over 50 people we'd be able to have a private dinner at the Steakhouse restaurant which we assumed would be most of the night. Well now I've been told I have to pick a dinner time, either 6:30 or 8:30 (our ceremony is at 5pm) and we can't have the restaurant for longer, We even offered to pay to rent it out for extra hours so we could have dancing but were told no! 

Going to look for some groom/groomsmen outfits this weekend. I don't think its going to be too hard since it's just my fiance, his brother and my brother. Surpsingly his brother and my brother are the same build so cross your fingers for us that it gets checked off the list this weekend!

Sorry to hear about your reception dilema... what a bummer! What do they suggest for you in order to have dancing? Certainly other brides have had dancing in the past!

I had my first dress fitting, too!! Kind of a bummer, though. It was too big for alterations so they had to send it back and get a size 0. I was really looking forward to seeing it all pinned and "fitting" but now I have to wait for the new dress to come in. Oh well, I'd rather wait and have it fit right!! I was thinking about posting pics in the forum about "you vs the model" but I kind of don't want to show my dress until the wedding. 

Good luck with the rest of your planning and figuring out your reception.

#194 Avborges

Avborges
        • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Only four months away now ladies!!! Wow time flew by!

Okay so my FI had me make a spread sheet with EVERYTHING wedding related on it to see where we were with the budget. I did not want to do this originally (I was scared hah!) but it actually has helped me so much and has motivated me to start getting things bought and done so i can check them off without having a big sum catch up to us right before the wedding. AND it has challenged me (i love a challenge) to get rid of the 2000 over we were.

We are now only 800.00 over!! And counting! So happy.

This week we bought our plane tickets- found a great deal on first class (we have been looking almost daily since nov) so we got those and saved 600.00 off our original budget for those!

I found a great site for 22 oz beer steins on etsy...she has great prices, designs for free, and made in USA...So ordered 50 personalized cups for my welcome bags. 

FI got our ceremony music all ready and has his reception playlist ready to continue to add to these next few months.

We got FI's suit and some of the groomsmen have purchased theirs.  We also purchased their shoes and had them shipped to each groomsmen.

Oh I sent out my invites and have already received a few RSVP's! That feels great to be done with that. 

My bridesmaids and mom have taken over planning me a shower at the resort as well as the bach party.

I set up our excursions through a wonderful group down in Punta Cana and we are all set for that except one fishing trip for the hubs.

And now I am working on some DIY things so it doesnt get too rushed down the road!

Would love to hear what you all have been up to! 

Hi Natalie!  My FI is so lost with his attire!  Where did you FI end up getting?  

Our guests are finally booking and pretty soon I would like to get our OOT bags!

#195 MK0386

MK0386
          • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

yeah, where are you ladies ordering the men's attire from? we are pretty certain we will order from studiosuits.com bc they are custom suits with great prices and they have linen options. a lot of BDW brides recommend them. im always curious to see what else is available, though!

#196 agm04

agm04
            • 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by MK0386 

yeah, where are you ladies ordering the men's attire from? we are pretty certain we will order from studiosuits.com bc they are custom suits with great prices and they have linen options. a lot of BDW brides recommend them. im always curious to see what else is available, though!

FI is SO PICKY about his clothing...we have some serious role reversal going on at our house.  he'll come home with stuff and i'm like "you paid HOW MUCH for that?!"  lol.  so he can't really ask his best man (no other groomsmen) to buy whatever he buys since it is undoubtedly going to be in the multiple thousands of dollars range.  so i think we will just ask him to wear a different color.  if FI buys a dark blue suit, we'll ask the best man to wear gray or something like that, which he probably already has, and won't clash.  or if FI ends up with slacks and a blazer, we may just have the best man do slacks and a nice shirt, no jacket.  that's sort of what i'm pulling for but we'll see.

i was no help on where to shop, i just realized.  haha. sorry.

#197 natalieblev

natalieblev
              • 400 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

My FI picked out a perry ellis pants/vest from Macy's. (he has groomsmen from Alaska, so they pretty much have to order since we dont really have many stores up there)...He has them wearing dark gray pants, vest, white shirt with rolled up sleeves and a tie...then he will wear the same suit except in light gray and he bought the jacket. (His own preference, but he looks great in it!) 

It is sort of like this idea....

He bought them all white casual shoes like these as well...and my main color is peach, so they will have peach ties. He paid for the shoes and ties and the guys will pay for the pants, vest and shirt which brings their total to less than 150 each. 

There is another forum on here I cant remember the name but i think it is custom linen suits...They were great priced and everyone had great reviews on here from them..check it out. My FI just did not want linen. (He has been a groomsmen in two other DW and just didnt want to do it again I guess. I think he sees this type of suit more re-wearable later on). 

#198 natalieblev

natalieblev
                • 400 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

BTW I got my OOT bags from Weddingchicks...I may have already said this...but they have coupons and deals a bunch if you sign up for their email. They have gorgeous 10$ totes that would for sure be reused (im allllll about reusing stuff) but like at christmas they had an offer of 50% off. Also the dollar tree has plain bags that you could customize using vista print labels...I have seen that done on here a bunch. 

#199 natalieblev

natalieblev
                  • 400 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by kard613 

That totally sucks about the reception!! That should be a given when you have that many people! 

#200 agm04

agm04
                    • 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

My FI picked out a perry ellis pants/vest from Macy's. (he has groomsmen from Alaska, so they pretty much have to order since we dont really have many stores up there)...He has them wearing dark gray pants, vest, white shirt with rolled up sleeves and a tie...then he will wear the same suit except in light gray and he bought the jacket. (His own preference, but he looks great in it!) 

It is sort of like this idea....

He bought them all white casual shoes like these as well...and my main color is peach, so they will have peach ties. He paid for the shoes and ties and the guys will pay for the pants, vest and shirt which brings their total to less than 150 each. 

There is another forum on here I cant remember the name but i think it is custom linen suits...They were great priced and everyone had great reviews on here from them..check it out. My FI just did not want linen. (He has been a groomsmen in two other DW and just didnt want to do it again I guess. I think he sees this type of suit more re-wearable later on). 

I think this looks really good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users