Photo

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#161 kard613

kard613
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

We're going the fake flower submerged in water like this but with taller vases and votive candles scattered around. I was pleasantly surprised with how real they look even close up. Looking at the from afar you can't even tell!  I'm really hoping the hotel has vases that we can use or rent bc I don't want to have to bring them down.

http://wwcdn.wedding...b2785b2700m.jpg

#162 MK0386

MK0386
    • 199 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I am still undecided about exactly how my centerpieces will look, but I just completed these table "numbers" today. Each table will actually be a city vs a "number." When the guests get to the reception a table will be set up with maracas and each maraca will have the guests name and what "city" they are sitting in. 

#163 agm04

agm04
      • 548 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

@ MK0386 cute numbers!

We're doing the submerged calla lilies.  I still think they're too expensive (we have rectangular tables, and with one vase in the center and 2 smaller ones (one on each side), it's USD $62.50 per table).  But unless we want to lug vases there (we don't), it's the best we could do!

For our cocktail hour, we're doing vases with a candle, sand, and shells, and those are only about $20 each, so maybe ask about those if you're okay with them?

#164 natalieblev

natalieblev
        • 400 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Hey ladies just an FYI stamp prices are going up next week by 1 cent. If you are doing postcard RSVP's like me, this means that it will now be 33 instead of 32....which I now have 80 32 cent stamps and im going to loose my mind!! :)

BUT just to save a little money on your invites- heads up the forever stamps (which are currently 45 cent) will automatically be changed to 46 so if you buy your postage before Jan 27th and get the forever stamps then you can save .01 on the postage! :) I know it isnt much, but if you are inviting a lot of guests it does add up! 

#165 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
          • 683 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
          • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hey ladies just an FYI stamp prices are going up next week by 1 cent. If you are doing postcard RSVP's like me, this means that it will now be 33 instead of 32....which I now have 80 32 cent stamps and im going to loose my mind!! :) BUT just to save a little money on your invites- heads up the forever stamps (which are currently 45 cent) will automatically be changed to 46 so if you buy your postage before Jan 27th and get the forever stamps then you can save .01 on the postage! :) I know it isnt much, but if you are inviting a lot of guests it does add up! 

Oh no! What does this mean for my RSVP's that are still out? I just sent them about 2 weeks ago & there's over 100! Will I not get these back?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#166 MK0386

MK0386
          • 199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I knew about the price increase and that's one reason mine are out already but I can't believe I didn't think about actually getting the RSVPs back!!! :/ good thing I already have 36 booked and have gotten a lot of RSVPs back... I hope this wont affect anyone too badly.

#167 agm04

agm04
            • 548 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Oh no! What does this mean for my RSVP's that are still out? I just sent them about 2 weeks ago & there's over 100! Will I not get these back?

Did you send your RSVPs with forever stamps or with priced ones?  If they were forever you're fine (that's all I ever buy these days), but if not I think they will just come to you postage due, if your guests don't realize ahead of time and add a 1 cent stamp.

#168 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
              • 683 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by agm04 

Did you send your RSVPs with forever stamps or with priced ones?  If they were forever you're fine (that's all I ever buy these days), but if not I think they will just come to you postage due, if your guests don't realize ahead of time and add a 1 cent stamp.

I honestly have no idea. I just got them from the post office and they were the only post card stamps they had. Hopefully it works out.

#169 natalieblev

natalieblev
              • 400 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

I honestly have no idea. I just got them from the post office and they were the only post card stamps they had. Hopefully it works out.

Yeah if it was the only postcard stamp then it is the 32, which is what i have too! 

Usually the postage due comes to the person receiving the letter, so you might just have to keep paying the mail man .01. :) Who knows!! I guess you could mention it to on your wedding website maybe...Im sure itll be fine though! 

#170 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
                • 683 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by natalieblev 

Yeah if it was the only postcard stamp then it is the 32, which is what i have too! 

Usually the postage due comes to the person receiving the letter, so you might just have to keep paying the mail man .01. :) Who knows!! I guess you could mention it to on your wedding website maybe...Im sure itll be fine though! 

True! Thanks for the advice! From what I hear, not many people even send the RSVP's back anyways! I'll be fine with owing the postman .01 if I have to! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users