• 143 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I addressed The Smith Family..

#132 MK0386

MK0386
    • 199 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Avborges 

Hi Ladies, our wedding is open to kids.. how should I address the envelope (we don't have inner envelopes to actually name each child).

Mr. and Mrs. Adam Smith & Family 

or 

The Smith Family

How are you guys addressing your envelopes?

We are allowing kids at ours as well (especially since we have one! lol) and we addressed ours the first way: Mr. and Mrs. Adam Smith & Family I think it keeps the formal part of a wedding invite while still inviting the whole family. To me, the second option sounded like a Christmas card

#133 Billandstina

Billandstina
      • 396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just FYI girls...Dollar Tree has those insulated 16 oz cups for those of you wanting them for all inclusives! We just wiped ours out of purple, fuchsia and orange!! Grab 'em while you can!!

#134 amberduke

amberduke
        • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

My invites are on their way to my house to be addressed...any of  you brides have any tips on making the addresses "pretty"? My handwriting is not too great and I am hoping I can do some sort of tracing type thing. When are you having your guests RSVP by? 

#135 amberduke

amberduke
          • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

@natalieblev I used metallic paint type pens and it disguised my half-print/half-cursive quite nicely! Haha

#136 amberduke

amberduke
            • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Wow, this thread is intimidating! I guess I should get planning! I'm collecting stuff for my OOT bags, booked the photographer and have a dress. I'm wondering how far in advance people start shopping for wedding bands? I'm also under the impression the wedding planner at the resort will take care of the decorations, food, and cake, but is there more I should be doing? Thanks!

#137 amberduke

amberduke
              • 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Don't be intimidated @kmmathes! This is all about sharing the love and motivation! :) It helped for me to make a list of what I have already done so that my list of what still needs to be done seemed more manageable!

#138 MK0386

MK0386
                • 199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I printed mine on Avery labels but I also designed a background for the label so it wasn't plain white. They came out great and I got tons of compliments. I will try to post a picture later today. We made our RSVP march 15 bc final room payment for anyone in our room block is early may so I figure they will know by march if they are coming or not and I want to know ASAP. So far 36 ppl are booked.

#139 MK0386

MK0386
                  • 199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

@natalieblev I am thinking about making my own bouquets as well. What route are you going? Where did you order flowers from and what kind are you using? Real touch, etc?

#140 MK0386

MK0386
                    • 199 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Ok ladies... heres where I am: the follow are done: a photographer (Samuel Luna), a DJ (DJDoremixx), all locations picked and reserved for ceremony, cocktails, and reception, menus for cocktail and reception including cake, flights and room booked, dress, my FI ring, invitations sent, spa appointments booked, reservation booked for rehearsal dinner as well as a request for an actual rehearsal, invitations sent, 34 guests booked, a few things purchased for OOT bags, menus and a "thank you" that will sit on top of the menu card designed and project of printing and putting them all together in the midst of completion, and TONS of info saved on my computer about where to order certain decorations that I like and plan to make. Sounds like a lot, but i know I still have soooo much. Currently working on figuring out what to do for flowers. I think I'm really leaning towards making my own bouquets. Ideas/suggestions? (My color is purple) What are you all currently working on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users