June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

• Please log in to reply
883 replies to this topic

#91 kellip17

kellip17
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hi girls.  We were playing around with centerpieces last night and this is what we came up with.  It is a white table cloth with a burlap table runner, 1 lantern, 2 large mason jars, and some greenery.  I'm obviously going for a more rustic look.  It isn't the best picture, but you'll get the idea.

#92 Billandstina

Billandstina
    • 396 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Are you going to take your lanterns etc down with you? Or ship them? I love lanterns but don't know the best possible way to get them down to Mexico without them ending up in a million pieces! Lol

#93 Billandstina

Billandstina
      • 396 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Are you going to take your lanterns etc down with you? Or ship them? I love lanterns but don't know the best possible way to get them down to Mexico without them ending up in a million pieces! Lol

#94 Avborges

Avborges
        • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

I'm renting hanging lanterns from our resort but I was also thinking of releasing chinese lanterns for good luck.. if I do those, I will most likely bring them with me.

#95 KaraMae

KaraMae
          • 60 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

That looks great Kelli! It is hard to see but looks very romantic! Love the burlap!

#96 Marymack

Marymack
            • 414 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Very romantic looking table setup!

#97 Billandstina

Billandstina
              • 396 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Ohhh I need to ask and see if they have lanterns at my resort! And I'm hoping that we will be allowed to release wishing lanterns as well! Fingers crossed!

#98 kellip17

kellip17
                • Site Supporter
                • 64 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

We are going to Exuma in a few weeks so I'll be taking the lanterns with me (carrying them on board).  I could take the glass out of them but it would be a huge pain in the butt.  There are 4 of us going down and everyone can fit 3 lanterns in their carry-on luggage so that should be good.  They are cheap, Ikea lanterns ($8) so no biggie if one gets broken.  I briefly looked in to shipping stuff to the Bahamas and it was crazy expensive!  Like some of you, I'm also hoping to release the sky lanterns but I haven't asked permission yet.  I might ask when we are down there in hopes that it will be harder for her to tell me no in person.  :)

#99 Marymack

Marymack
                  • 414 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

@Kellip are you going to the Sandals there in Exuma?

#100 kellip17

kellip17
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 64 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Marymack 

@Kellip are you going to the Sandals there in Exuma?

No, we decided not to go the all-inclusive route.  We are getting married at the Chat N Chill (www.chatnchill.com).  Have you been there before?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users