Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kellip17

June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

 

My Travel agent called me on Friday to let me know that our resort is almost sold out and they never reserved my room upgrade.  I am entitled to 2 upgrades which would have given us a 1-bedroom.  They are all gone.  I am so pissed off.. my choices are:  a small suite or a honeymoon suite.  You might think a honeymoon suite is awesome but it has a jacuzzi.  I honestly don't want my father (or anyone) visiting us in the room and looking at the used jacuzzi.  It's embarrassing.  Months ago I asked them to confirm the 1-bedroom and I can't believe they dropped the ball.  I also don't want a jacuzzi in my wedding pictures.  I'm livid that they dropped the ball like that.  My guests have better accommodations when we do!!  FML

We were afraid something like that might happen with our room so we decided to just go ahead and reserve the one we want.  From this forum related to my resort, I have seen brides who never were able to get the upgrade, and others who got seriously upgraded to crazy big suites. Our package says room upgrade included, but only based on availability. So annoying. You would think that the money you spend at the resort just to get married warrants an upgrade.

Anyways, I think the other ladies have given good advice. I mean people will understand the honeymoon suite. I dont think they'd be that freaked out by it. But I am sure it is totally frustrating. I would keep pressing them though for the one that you want. THere has to be a loop hole, or maybe a cancellation down the road. Just make it very clear that THAT room is what you were expecting and hopefully someone will figure it out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

 

 

Get outta here... I would be livid!!! Just out of curiosity, I see that you used destinationweddings.com and so did I... Who is your TA?

 

On a resolution note- did you answer with "what are you going to do o compensate me?" If not you absolutely should! Put your foot down, be bold, and demand that they do something majorly freakin awesome to compensate you for their error!

 

Good luck and worse case scenario... You'll be in Mexico, so if your room is a little "..eh" at least you will have a beach! :)

I'm working with Dennis and he has been fantastic.  He happened to be in Mexico when we visited for the first time and he drove us around and showed us a bunch of resorts with his wife, Pam.  He has been very attentive to our guests and I don't know that this is his fault or the resorts.  We spoke yesterday and I just told him to make it right.  The resort needs to make someone else upset, not the guest who's bring another 40-something guests and a ton of business.

 

I know we will be in Mexico but this is the one thing I requested so we could have friends and family over.  I will have at least 8 people with me while I am getting ready and it will not fit in the room.  Who is your TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

 

 

Get outta here... I would be livid!!! Just out of curiosity, I see that you used destinationweddings.com and so did I... Who is your TA?

 

On a resolution note- did you answer with "what are you going to do o compensate me?" If not you absolutely should! Put your foot down, be bold, and demand that they do something majorly freakin awesome to compensate you for their error!

 

Good luck and worse case scenario... You'll be in Mexico, so if your room is a little "..eh" at least you will have a beach! :)

I'm working with Dennis and he has been fantastic.  He happened to be in Mexico when we visited for the first time and he drove us around and showed us a bunch of resorts with his wife, Pam.  He has been very attentive to our guests and I don't know that this is his fault or the resorts.  We spoke yesterday and I just told him to make it right.  The resort needs to make someone else upset, not the guest who's bring another 40-something guests and a ton of business.

 

I know we will be in Mexico but this is the one thing I requested so we could have friends and family over.  I will have at least 8 people with me while I am getting ready and it will not fit in the room.  Who is your TA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post

 

 

How big is the jacuzzi? Can you put a sheet over it for pics? I don't think anyine will be umcomfortable...it cpuld be funny.

Jess, thanks for trying to light up the mood.. maybe we will have to deal with it and find some humor later on but right now I'm pretty pissed off.. I'm so on top of things.. why can't they be as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post

 

 

How big is the jacuzzi? Can you put a sheet over it for pics? I don't think anyine will be umcomfortable...it cpuld be funny.

Jess, thanks for trying to light up the mood.. maybe we will have to deal with it and find some humor later on but right now I'm pretty pissed off.. I'm so on top of things.. why can't they be as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you on this...we were guaranteed a room upgrade, yet for the package we wanted we had to get the highest suite they offer...sooooo there's no room for us to upgrade to! I asked if my parents could have our upgrade and they said no. Ummmm we're bringing in 60 people to your resort for A WEEK and that's not even counting the money we're spending for the wedding! Grrrrrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you on this...we were guaranteed a room upgrade, yet for the package we wanted we had to get the highest suite they offer...sooooo there's no room for us to upgrade to! I asked if my parents could have our upgrade and they said no. Ummmm we're bringing in 60 people to your resort for A WEEK and that's not even counting the money we're spending for the wedding! Grrrrrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post

 

Bah! my phone crapped out on me. What i was trying to say with my fat thumbs was, Is there a way that you can drape a sheet or blanket over it? Maybe the hotel has a large folding table that you can put onto of the tub, put a sheet and then turn it into a pretty table?

 

I don't know, trying to think of alternatives. Maybe you could just do photos far away from the jacuzzi? I wouldn't worry about it being weird for people who are visiting the room. I think it's understandable. :)

 

My fi and I are in the same boat kind of. We are supposed to get a room upgrade with our wedding package but all of the oceanfront suites are selling out, so we'll likely be stuck in the standard room. And I have no clue where we are going to get ready. There isn't a place for it on the resort, so I think we may be forced to do two rooms? Not sure, but oh well. Like Meghan said..we'll be in Mexico getting MARRIED! I'm so excited. They could put me in a trailor and I'd be stoked. haha

 

 

-Jessica

And now I saw the rest of your message!  You are absolutely right.. the end goal is to have a wonderful time and celebrate the fact we are getting MARRIED!  :)

 

I have visited the honeymoon suites and they are very long and narrow.. there's not hiding it.. lol  They do have these SPA suites with the jacuzzi on the outside.  Maybe we can got those.  I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessicalynne View Post

 

Bah! my phone crapped out on me. What i was trying to say with my fat thumbs was, Is there a way that you can drape a sheet or blanket over it? Maybe the hotel has a large folding table that you can put onto of the tub, put a sheet and then turn it into a pretty table?

 

I don't know, trying to think of alternatives. Maybe you could just do photos far away from the jacuzzi? I wouldn't worry about it being weird for people who are visiting the room. I think it's understandable. :)

 

My fi and I are in the same boat kind of. We are supposed to get a room upgrade with our wedding package but all of the oceanfront suites are selling out, so we'll likely be stuck in the standard room. And I have no clue where we are going to get ready. There isn't a place for it on the resort, so I think we may be forced to do two rooms? Not sure, but oh well. Like Meghan said..we'll be in Mexico getting MARRIED! I'm so excited. They could put me in a trailor and I'd be stoked. haha

 

 

-Jessica

And now I saw the rest of your message!  You are absolutely right.. the end goal is to have a wonderful time and celebrate the fact we are getting MARRIED!  :)

 

I have visited the honeymoon suites and they are very long and narrow.. there's not hiding it.. lol  They do have these SPA suites with the jacuzzi on the outside.  Maybe we can got those.  I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×