June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Ladies- I have officially crossed over from "stressed" to absolutely 100% "excited!!" Yesterday I finished packing all wedding related items- as far as linens, decorations, favors, oot bag stuff, etc. It took 3 large suitcases! Ahhh! Haha I'm just happy it all packed!! :) Now I just have to pack our clothes, toiletries... Regular vacation stuff! We fly out Sunday but we are flying out of ATL and we live in CLT so we leave Saturday! I'm sooooo excited! Hearing how well everyone's weddings have gone so far is just making me that much more excited. Thank you ladies for all your amazing help, support, advice, ideas, etc through this process!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

Ladies- I have officially crossed over from "stressed" to absolutely 100% "excited!!" Yesterday I finished packing all wedding related items- as far as linens, decorations, favors, oot bag stuff, etc. It took 3 large suitcases! Ahhh! Haha I'm just happy it all packed!! :)

Now I just have to pack our clothes, toiletries... Regular vacation stuff!

We fly out Sunday but we are flying out of ATL and we live in CLT so we leave Saturday! I'm sooooo excited! Hearing how well everyone's weddings have gone so far is just making me that much more excited.

Thank you ladies for all your amazing help, support, advice, ideas, etc through this process!

Yay fun! I am in Grand Cayman working remotely and running all the last minute errands - snacks for OOT bags, delivering them to the various hotels, buying all the booze for my welcome happy hour on Friday, etc. Good stuff! One of my friends told me yesterday via facebook message that she isnt coming to the wedding, which is a bummer and a headache bc it means i have to change all my numbers with the vendors, but not even that is bringing me down! I'm just excited. :) looking forward to seeing all the pictures from your weddings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avborges View Post

Hi Ladies!

Our wedding was wonderful!  The weather has been amazing here in the Riviera Maya... we are using #reillywedding on Facebook if you want to check some of the pictures out!

Best of luck to the brides getting married in the coming days!!

Love,

Mrs. Reilly

Congrats!!

Yay fun! I am in Grand Cayman working remotely and running all the last minute errands - snacks for OOT bags, delivering them to the various hotels, buying all the booze for my welcome happy hour on Friday, etc. Good stuff! One of my friends told me yesterday via facebook message that she isnt coming to the wedding, which is a bummer and a headache bc it means i have to change all my numbers with the vendors, but not even that is bringing me down! I'm just excited. :) looking forward to seeing all the pictures from your weddings!
Yay! Sounds fun!! I'm so proud of you (lol) for not letting it bother you about your friend. I hit don't understand ppl. One thing I also really don't understand is how that's even possible. For my resort- final payments were due in may and of course you need airfare, so I don't understand how someone could decide they're not coming this close to the wedding anyhow. Anyway- like you said- don't even let THAT get you down! :) Best of luck with everything. I can not wait to see pictures from everyone's weddings as well!!!

Congrats!!! That's so awesome you aren't letting that added stress get to you. I leave tomorrow, yikes!!! Actually we don't fly out til Friday at 6am but the airport is a couple hours away so we are going tomorrow and staying at the hostel by the airport so we can relax and not have to get up quite so early. All my wedding goods took 2 suitcases and now I have to pack for myself so We are probably going to 4 suitcases plus our carry ons. One friend is able to take a 2nd bag for freest she's taking one. The only thing I'm stressed about is the weather in playa del carmen. The weather channel says rain, rain, rain but I'm trying not to look at it since I can't control it anyway. Also a little stressed about music. We are using iPod and the reception list I just sort of through together. I'm thinking of just making another play list and putting it on shuffle. Can't believe the time is finally here for all of us!

Hey girls, I posted this on a thread by itself but haven't had any responses so hopefully some of you will :) Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this...we used someone from destinationweddings.com. We didn't have to pay a fee and from what I can tell she may be the middle person between myself and the hotel (until I started to email the hotel coordinator directly) and the point person for guests booking travel but then another company actually makes the travel arrangements. She was helpful at first by sending us info on resorts in our price range and I've remained in contact with her through out. Has anyone else used destinationweddings.com to book their wedding? Do I tip her? If so how much and how? I've only communicated with her via email, never once spoke with her on the phone.

Hey girls, I posted this on a thread by itself but haven't had any responses so hopefully some of you will :) Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this...we used someone from destinationweddings.com. We didn't have to pay a fee and from what I can tell she may be the middle person between myself and the hotel (until I started to email the hotel coordinator directly) and the point person for guests booking travel but then another company actually makes the travel arrangements. She was helpful at first by sending us info on resorts in our price range and I've remained in contact with her through out. Has anyone else used destinationweddings.com to book their wedding? Do I tip her? If so how much and how? I've only communicated with her via email, never once spoke with her on the phone.
Hi! I used destinationweddings.com as well. I feel like we had a completely different experience though. My contact through dw.com is Marcia and I have spoken with her several times on the phone including just yesterday for an hour! When I first booked with my resort she helped us with all that. She made the actual reservation for the room block and every one of my guests booked their room through her. She has been in email contact with all mg guests, set up transfers to and from the resort for every person, etc. Everyone even made their payment through her. She also got us an upgrade on our room for free. Did you actually use your dw.com contact to book your room? Did your guests use her? Like I said, it sounds like maybe you had a different experience. I talk to her all the time so I intend to ask her for her direct mailing address and will send her either a gift basket of sorts or a tip for about $50-100. Hope this helps!

Thanks Meghhan! I was thinking somewhere along the same lines with tip, but wasn't sure if that was enough/too much. Our woman made the reservation and room block and our guests booked thru her although she has been terrible at returning our guests calls. She's great at responding immediately to emails but always seems to "lose or miss" the calls. Kind of annoying since its mostly our older family members who've called since they don't do computers but it all worked out in the end. The other thing I thought she did and didn't realize that she didn't do herself until the last few weeks is do things like arrange our welcome dinner and transfers (which me and my fiancé still don't have and leave on Saturday mornings but that's another story!) again it seems that someone from the travel group Travel Impressions makes these arrangements. They've been fighting with the hotel about our welcome dinner bc our contract states that it is in one of the specialty restaurants and the hotel told us that we have too many people for the restaurants and it has to be at the buffet. I honestly don't care if it ends up at the buffet but they are trying to get the hotel to make accommodations for us. Even with all that still unresolved and no ride from the airport to the hotel, I'm the least stressed I've been thru it all. I got married last night (which was perfect!), I've started packing my clothes and am officially on vacation for 2 1/2 weeks!!