June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Okay this might sound like Im a cheap-o, but I hate to waste and maybe i am a little bit of a cheap-o! BUt has anyone considered using the bridesmaid bouquets as centerpieces as well? Like after the ceremony, put the flowers in a vase on each table? I was thinking it would save money obviously, but bridesmaids just throw those things down after the ceremony anyways so why not? :) Anyone else? 
I don't think that's cheap at all! Very good idea and like Shannon said- I actually think that is common. Why pay twice for something??

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shannon! I was hoping it wouldnt come off like that to my guests, but our hotel is seriously upcharge happy! and I wouldnt want the beautiful flowers bouquets just sitting around wherever anyways. And it just so happens i have five bridesmaids and only have five tables needed for reception.  On another note my dress fitting did not go so well. I ordered it to made to size, or so I thought, but it came huge! I have lost inches in the last five months, but there is no way that would have been the fit of my dress six months ago either. And it is made for 5'8. Im 5'4. So everything is bigger,,,the train looks massive and the poof out of control because most of it is sitting poofed on the ground cause of how long it is. They are telling me everything will work out, but its is literally like feet have to be taken off the bottom and the top is loose fitting and Im just so nervous that even when its done it is not going to be good because of how much has to be done. I thought that ordering from a designer that needed 8 months to construct my dress meant it was being constructed to fit me as close as possible. Ugh. I dont want to worry about silly things like this when there are so many other wonderful aspects of the wedding (and so many more important issues) but it just makes me nervous. So wasnt such a great day! However, i have got some other things done... I ordered watercolored prints of states with a heart painted into it that have meaning to FI and I am going to use those as "table numbers" So instead of the seating chart saying TBL 1 itll say COlorado and then the guests sitting at that table. Since its such a small wedding it wont be hard to find your state from our five tables.  FI constructed my brooch bouquet ball and handle (he even went to the hardware store and was out in the garage using a saw yesterday so he really got into it! so sweet)  I also got koozies made for the bridesmaids survival kits and they are so cute! I love them.  Im almost done with the welcome bags, but will have to work on that top label for the bags themselves. We also finished payment for all guests who have already reserved so 31! And there is now only a few left to wonder about. Also ordered favors from a Punta Cana chocolate museo. We are now in the fun process of picking out truffle flavors!  So on the week agenda- Begin assembling the brooches onto the bouquet. Patience!! :)  Print out the business cards for the id badges/key holder Make the survival kit baggies for the welcome bags Order centerpiece stuff and finalize all decor i will be bringing for cake table And figure out what i am going to do about this dress situation!  So much more to do but can only do one day at a time! hah. What are you guys up to?! 
I'm so sorry to hear about your dress... What a huge bummer! It will all work out, though so don't stress about it. I actually feel so on top of things yet at the same time like I have so much to do... I definitely feel like most of the "ordering" is done. I have in my possession or ordered and on the way just about every decor item, gift, jewelry, etc. there are just a few things left to order but not much at all! We ordered FI's suit from studio suits and it came today!!! I can't wait for him to try it on! Fingers crossed that it needs no alterations... I need to sit down and do "planning" stuff... Vs ordering/DIY stuff ....Write out the exact schedule/timeline for the day and for the reception, make music selections (ahhh!!!!), make sure my photographer knows the most important shots I want, etc. And I have BIG news... Call us crazy but we bought a house on Sunday!!!! We close May 17th and we leave for the wedding June 22, so YES we are nuts to put so much o n our plates at once, but boy are we excited!! I haven't even told a lot of fam and friends bc you know how real estate can be... Anything can happen! But I feel like since I only "know" you girls through the forum and not in "real life" I can tell you... Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just nuts... Lol! Wish us luck! By the way- jut about all of us are in double digit countdown!! Whoop!!!! Happy planning, girls.... This is definitely the home stretch!

I feel so far behind! I've mailed invites and, of course, only received a fraction of the RSVP's. I have March 31st as the deadline so I guess people will wait until the weekend, but maybe not. The deadline with my TA is April 15th so I will have a more realistic idea by then. I have almost everything I need for OOT bags, if I find some other smaller items on sale then I will order but I'm not stressed about it anymore. I've started labeling things and really seeing them come together. I ordered the cake topper but haven't heard from her in a while so I'm nervous, but she said that it won't be ready until like May, which seems like an eternity! I need to start thinking about music, the ceremony, order the sand ceremony set that I want, get bridesmaid jewelry, gifts for the parents, a gift for the groom, and figure out my hair! Initially my hairdresser from home was coming so I was never worried, but now she can't make the trip so I'm stressed. There still seems like a ton of things to do, and I'm in the midst of packing to move temporarily. FI and I live in different states and I will eventually move to be with him once we are married but I have to wait for the job transfer. Meanwhile my landlord is selling the place where I live so I have to be prepared to stay with family until I get transferred. My dress should be in next month so I'm on a crazy mission to lose a ton of weight in a short time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dress... What a huge bummer! It will all work out, though so don't stress about it. I actually feel so on top of things yet at the same time like I have so much to do... I definitely feel like most of the "ordering" is done. I have in my possession or ordered and on the way just about every decor item, gift, jewelry, etc. there are just a few things left to order but not much at all! We ordered FI's suit from studio suits and it came today!!! I can't wait for him to try it on! Fingers crossed that it needs no alterations... I need to sit down and do "planning" stuff... Vs ordering/DIY stuff ....Write out the exact schedule/timeline for the day and for the reception, make music selections (ahhh!!!!), make sure my photographer knows the most important shots I want, etc. And I have BIG news... Call us crazy but we bought a house on Sunday!!!! We close May 17th and we leave for the wedding June 22, so YES we are nuts to put so much o n our plates at once, but boy are we excited!! I haven't even told a lot of fam and friends bc you know how real estate can be... Anything can happen! But I feel like since I only "know" you girls through the forum and not in "real life" I can tell you... Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just nuts... Lol! Wish us luck! By the way- jut about all of us are in double digit countdown!! Whoop!!!! Happy planning, girls.... This is definitely the home stretch!
Congrats MMK!! We close on our first house April 10th! :-)

Congrats MMK!! We close on our first house April 10th! :-)
Wow! Congrats to you, too!! I remember you said you are in Charlotte as well... What area did you buy in? We bought in Highland Creek. (North Charkotte area)

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

I'm so sorry to hear about your dress... What a huge bummer! It will all work out, though so don't stress about it.

I actually feel so on top of things yet at the same time like I have so much to do...

I definitely feel like most of the "ordering" is done. I have in my possession or ordered and on the way just about every decor item, gift, jewelry, etc. there are just a few things left to order but not much at all!

We ordered FI's suit from studio suits and it came today!!! I can't wait for him to try it on! Fingers crossed that it needs no alterations...

I need to sit down and do "planning" stuff... Vs ordering/DIY stuff ....Write out the exact schedule/timeline for the day and for the reception, make music selections (ahhh!!!!), make sure my photographer knows the most important shots I want, etc.

And I have BIG news... Call us crazy but we bought a house on Sunday!!!! We close May 17th and we leave for the wedding June 22, so YES we are nuts to put so much o n our plates at once, but boy are we excited!! I haven't even told a lot of fam and friends bc you know how real estate can be... Anything can happen! But I feel like since I only "know" you girls through the forum and not in "real life" I can tell you... Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just nuts... Lol! Wish us luck!

By the way- jut about all of us are in double digit countdown!! Whoop!!!!

Happy planning, girls.... This is definitely the home stretch!

Congrats! That is so exciting!! 

Wow! Congrats to you, too!! I remember you said you are in Charlotte as well... What area did you buy in? We bought in Highland Creek. (North Charkotte area)
My boss lives in Highland Creek! I love that neighborhood. We ended up crossing the border to SC. It's about 5 minutes behind Carolina Place just across the border. It's a new construction & we just had our final walk-thru this morning! So exciting!