June 2013 brides- what are you doing?

Thanks guys! I will check them out! MMK I still have no idea how to make those damn labels but WHATEVER! haha. I guess I will see if my FI knows how this weekend. I finally did the business type cards for the key/money holder and I felt like I had solved a major world issue. :) 

Originally Posted by kard613 View Post

You should check out ebay for cheap first aid kits. I got a lot of 24 of them for about a dollar a piece. I had started to get a few at dollar tree but then couldn't find as many as I needed but then haven't been able to find anymore at the stores around me. I actually think I misscounted how many I need and will need to order a few more but at about a buck a piece it's not so bad.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by MMK0386 View Post

Wow.. 10 cancel... Very similar situation to us. I do think it will be a nice break for your sister though and you will be able to have more time together, so that's nice!

I got a lot of the stuff for my survival kit on minimus.biz. They have tons of great items very cheap!

Here is what's in my survival kit: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/84976/my-diy-survival-kit-label-for-oot-bag-with-pics-and-list-of-items-with-price-breakdown#post_1881347

If you check out that thread I included where I got what and how much it all was.

Good luck!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by kard613 View Post

Annoyed!  I've been communicating with our WC trying to find out the price for using vases from the florist for our centerpieces. She's come back to me with a quote of $36 which includes the use of rocks, flowers and candles...twice now after explaining that I only want the vases, not the rest of the stuff.

Sometimes communication is so difficult!

Sounds like our onsite WC's.  After about seven months of trying to get info on centerpieces, then deciding ill just bring them down myself, then later deciding that is way too much stuff to bring I am just resolved with not planning those until I get down there! I switched things in my budget and they will have to be within the price i set or im just going to use the ugly basic one. Just yesterday my MIL called to ask me if such and such would go with the centerpieces- Im like I dont have any so bring whatever you want...her and my mom think im crazy but it was stressing me out SO much trying to get prices and answers and such that I just decided its easier on me to say oh well!  

I literally just hung up the phone with my mom and told her that I'm done thinking about centerpieces and we'll figure them out when we're down there and if we can't we can't. There's a walmart down the street from the hotel and if I can't find anything I'm over it. I refuse to get stressed about stupid things like centerpieces!!  I want this to be a vacation just as much as everyone else does!

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

Sounds like our onsite WC's.  After about seven months of trying to get info on centerpieces, then deciding ill just bring them down myself, then later deciding that is way too much stuff to bring I am just resolved with not planning those until I get down there! I switched things in my budget and they will have to be within the price i set or im just going to use the ugly basic one. Just yesterday my MIL called to ask me if such and such would go with the centerpieces- Im like I dont have any so bring whatever you want...her and my mom think im crazy but it was stressing me out SO much trying to get prices and answers and such that I just decided its easier on me to say oh well!  

Anyone adding a "bridesmaid survival kit" to the girls welcome bags? What ideas do you have so far? I think I'm going to do one- so far Im thinking shout stick, dbl sided tape, maybe sewing kit, nail file, compact mirror, small bottle of rum (getting married in punta Cana). Already ordered them a robe and fun sunglasses for the day of. Any fun ideas??

I hear ya! I think you made a good decision! It really to me atleast has been so much better just letting that stuff go! I just keep saying they do weddings all day everyday- it'll get done! And I set my price limit so it's like I have already planned it budget wise.

I literally just hung up the phone with my mom and told her that I'm done thinking about centerpieces and we'll figure them out when we're down there and if we can't we can't. There's a walmart down the street from the hotel and if I can't find anything I'm over it. I refuse to get stressed about stupid things like centerpieces!!  I want this to be a vacation just as much as everyone else does!

Anyone adding a "bridesmaid survival kit" to the girls welcome bags? What ideas do you have so far? I think I'm going to do one- so far Im thinking shout stick, dbl sided tape, maybe sewing kit, nail file, compact mirror, small bottle of rum (getting married in punta Cana). Already ordered them a robe and fun sunglasses for the day of. Any fun ideas??
Yeah I was thinking of doing one for my girls as well. I was thinking similar things to you as well as safety pins and bobby pins. I have a list in my wedding notebook- ill take a look at it and get back to you if there is anything good on the list that you didn't already mention.

Okay this might sound like Im a cheap-o, but I hate to waste and maybe i am a little bit of a cheap-o! BUt has anyone considered using the bridesmaid bouquets as centerpieces as well? Like after the ceremony, put the flowers in a vase on each table? I was thinking it would save money obviously, but bridesmaids just throw those things down after the ceremony anyways so why not? :) Anyone else? 

Okay this might sound like Im a cheap-o, but I hate to waste and maybe i am a little bit of a cheap-o! BUt has anyone considered using the bridesmaid bouquets as centerpieces as well? Like after the ceremony, put the flowers in a vase on each table? I was thinking it would save money obviously, but bridesmaids just throw those things down after the ceremony anyways so why not? :) Anyone else? 

Also going to try my dress on for the first time today!!! 

Yay! I had my first alterations appointment on Sunday and everything went well! Good luck! :-)

That's not being a cheap-o at all! I actually think that's a pretty common thing! I would definitely do that but I only have 1 maid of honor and about 8 tables so that won't work for me. If I could, I would! I say go for it :-)

Thanks Shannon! I was hoping it wouldnt come off like that to my guests, but our hotel is seriously upcharge happy! and I wouldnt want the beautiful flowers bouquets just sitting around wherever anyways. And it just so happens i have five bridesmaids and only have five tables needed for reception. 

On another note my dress fitting did not go so well. I ordered it to made to size, or so I thought, but it came huge! I have lost inches in the last five months, but there is no way that would have been the fit of my dress six months ago either. And it is made for 5'8. Im 5'4. So everything is bigger,,,the train looks massive and the poof out of control because most of it is sitting poofed on the ground cause of how long it is. They are telling me everything will work out, but its is literally like feet have to be taken off the bottom and the top is loose fitting and Im just so nervous that even when its done it is not going to be good because of how much has to be done. I thought that ordering from a designer that needed 8 months to construct my dress meant it was being constructed to fit me as close as possible. Ugh. I dont want to worry about silly things like this when there are so many other wonderful aspects of the wedding (and so many more important issues) but it just makes me nervous. So wasnt such a great day! However, i have got some other things done...

I ordered watercolored prints of states with a heart painted into it that have meaning to FI and I am going to use those as "table numbers" So instead of the seating chart saying TBL 1 itll say COlorado and then the guests sitting at that table. Since its such a small wedding it wont be hard to find your state from our five tables. 

FI constructed my brooch bouquet ball and handle (he even went to the hardware store and was out in the garage using a saw yesterday so he really got into it! so sweet) 

I also got koozies made for the bridesmaids survival kits and they are so cute! I love them. 

Im almost done with the welcome bags, but will have to work on that top label for the bags themselves.

We also finished payment for all guests who have already reserved so 31! And there is now only a few left to wonder about.

Also ordered favors from a Punta Cana chocolate museo. We are now in the fun process of picking out truffle flavors! 

So on the week agenda-

Begin assembling the brooches onto the bouquet. Patience!! :) 

Print out the business cards for the id badges/key holder

Make the survival kit baggies for the welcome bags

Order centerpiece stuff and finalize all decor i will be bringing for cake table

And figure out what i am going to do about this dress situation! 

So much more to do but can only do one day at a time! hah. What are you guys up to?!