Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#301 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Haha yes. Weddingbee is a whole different world. I read some threads and lurk sometimes, but it's a bit catty/crazy sometimes. Also, I find destination weddings are very particular, so I'm very grateful to have found this forum where everyone is so helpful! I think my FI is happy too because it means he has to hear less wedding chatter from me :P

@acw271011 - Have you finalized your dress choice yet?

@kmk2016 - I'm going w/ Cara Bridal for my replica but I haven't ordered it yet. Will prob do so sometime in July once I get measured properly. I liked her responses better than babydressonline (who never replied to me about sending production pictures)

No not yet. I have it narrowed down though..... to about 12!! lol  I go into the hospital on Sept 10th (we got the date at last) so I want to see how much weight I lose this time (last time was 19 lbs but it all came back on due to drugs I was taking), and I'm hoping by early December to start trying stuff on and see how it looks. I'm torn between 2 styles. I LOVE the key hole back, and I love the ruffled bottom but I may be too old now for the ruffled bottom to look nice on. I know I want drama. My wedding dress was so simple I want hubby's jaw to drop when I start walking towards him. Plus I want the dress to reflect the fact that as much as some days it doesn't feel like it, I really am happy to be alive, even more so if the next surgery goes well and I don't have to have any more in the spring!!

So if there is somewhere to get a good deal on a dress, I'm in for sure!!! lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#302 LissaSou

LissaSou
  • 174 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

@TinkerSofi your dress is beautiful! I got mine from Blissful as well. A beautiful lace dress for $1100. The owner helped me out as well and they were great there :).

#303 Tatimrivera

Tatimrivera
  • 156 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
  • LocationEither lobby or lazy river

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I definitely went over budget on my wedding dress. I paid $1035 for a mermaid style dress with silver, crystal and pearl details.
Good Luck :)

#304 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

@TinkerSofi your dress is beautiful! I got mine from Blissful as well. A beautiful lace dress for $1100. The owner helped me out as well and they were great there :).

they're really awesome there! I don't know what some of the bad reviews on google were talking about. I had also gone to another store before that one, Jessica and Belle Rykiss, and they were great too! Their prices were really good as well. I just happened to find my dress at Blissful :)

event.png

#305 LissaSou

LissaSou
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

they're really awesome there! I don't know what some of the bad reviews on google were talking about. I had also gone to another store before that one, Jessica and Belle Rykiss, and they were great too! Their prices were really good as well. I just happened to find my dress at Blissful :)

I actually had an awful experience at Jessica when I was wedding dress shopping so I'm glad you had a better experience there. The woman was really rude and rushed me through my appointment even though I was the only one in the store. Recently though, I had to get a bridesmaid dress from them and the store was much better. The seamstress told me that the lady that helped me out originally wasn't working there anymore.

#306 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

I actually had an awful experience at Jessica when I was wedding dress shopping so I'm glad you had a better experience there. The woman was really rude and rushed me through my appointment even though I was the only one in the store. Recently though, I had to get a bridesmaid dress from them and the store was much better. The seamstress told me that the lady that helped me out originally wasn't working there anymore.

yeah, I was there this last month and I didn't feel rushed at all. On the contrary, I felt a bit bad that I didn't buy from them because they were so nice. I'll probably go back for bridesmaid dresses though. They seem to have a nice selection

event.png

#307 LissaSou

LissaSou
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

They do have a nice selection of bridesmaids dresses. The seamstress there is pricy, but amazing!! I might even bring her my wedding dress.

#308 fashionleader

fashionleader
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

I think it is really expensive on the dresses if you pay about $5000 on a dress.So that many people buy dresses online. The dresses are expensive due to their brand.

Actually the brand wedding dress is nice than the cheap one,but the wedding dresses online also high quality with a low price.

I do not how to unload the photos from my computer,the dresses is really beautiful can just costs 200$ at wishesbridal.

http://www.wishesbri...ss-aro0010.html

jewel-chapel-train-organza-ball-gown-wed

Wisehsbridal.com- the professional online shop for wedding dresses,mother of bride dresses,prom dresses and so on.

Wishesbridal will make the the dresses as you wish.

http://www.wishesbridal.com/

#309 becassidy

becassidy
    • 151 posts
      • LocationNew York

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

I wanted to spend less than $1000... knowing slterations can be pricey. My mom FMIL and MOH laughed at me, and then I foudn the dress, FOR $855!!

http://www.venusbrid...s-athena/PA9907

It ended up being 1100 after alterations, but I couldnt be happier.

#310 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,505 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Yes and no, I think.

When I set up my bridal appointments, I wasn't going to do David's Bridal becuase I was worrid they would be too cheap.

I went to a boutique and those ladies know what they are doing (in Calgary - Ever After), found a gorgeous lace dress that made me tear up but it wasn't really what I was going for, for my beach wedding.  It was also $1600 before alterations, but gosh it was beautiful.

Then I went to David's Bridal and I am so glad I did.    Their consultants aren't as experienced and are run thin, but they have everything you could ever imagined there and IMO, no they don't look cheap.

I paid $500 for my dress and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

http://www.davidsbri...Wedding-Dresses

but in ivory - which I personally can't tell the difference from white LOL!

Where did you manage to find a dress for $1200 in Canada? My big plan is to go to the US when it comes time for me to find something only because the prices here are so outrageous!!! Please share!!!!! lol

Tonnes of stores in Calgary have dresses under $1000. I only paid $500 brand new, never worn at David's Bridal.

Another store in Calgary actually only supplies dresses under $1000.

I had originally budgeted $1500 for the dress only but I ended up paying $799 for the dress and $150 for the veil. It was a sample gown which originally was at $900. 

photo31_zpsc036a3b0.jpg

Beautiful, will look fantastic :)

I decided against a veil.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users