Photo

Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#201 flipflop.tee

flipflop.tee
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

One of my friends got married 3 years ago in Puerto Vallarta and she got a bridesmaid dress in white so I opted to do the same much much cheaper!!! I got a Jim Hjelm Occassions dress for $309.....a steal!

Bridesmaid, Junior, Flower Girl, and Maternity gowns by Jim Hjelm Occasions - Bridesmaid Style jh5819 by JLM Couture, Inc.

#202 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
    • 719 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by flipflop.tee
      One of my friends got married 3 years ago in Puerto Vallarta and she got a bridesmaid dress in white so I opted to do the same much much cheaper!!! I got a Jim Hjelm Occassions dress for $309.....a steal!

Bridesmaid, Junior, Flower Girl, and Maternity gowns by Jim Hjelm Occasions - Bridesmaid Style jh5819 by JLM Couture, Inc.

LOVE the dress! I Love Jim Hjelm dresses! Great Steal!

#203 Love3

Love3
      • 785 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

Hey Ladies

I know there are tons of posts about dresses, but I couldn't find one on prices of dresses?? How much are you guys spending on your dress?? I found some nice ones but they are like $900.00-$1,500.00 Canadian YIKES. I don't mind spending that much if I could at least sell it after?? Would love to know how much you guys are spending so I know I am not crazy here.

Thanks
        ~Heather~

#204 tdmitchell

tdmitchell
        • 719 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Hey! This thread should answer your question! http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1506

#205 Love3

Love3
          • 785 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

thanks!! Now I don't feel so bad spending $1000 or a bit over lol. I kind of thought that was a bit expensive oh well.
            ~Heather~

#206 meghan

meghan
            • 832 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:48 PM

I am having my dress made for me. Im super tiny (double zero) so it was sooo hard for me to find a dress. Even the smallest dresses couldnt be altered properly to fit me. I was really limited as to the types of dresses I could get. Sooo, to have one made, its costing $4200! Don't feel so bad about spending 1000!

#207 shellk

shellk
              • 1,784 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

heather,
                i was soo lucky my dream dress was in the sale in the 2nd bridal shop i went to and it was only £300.i could,nt believe it.i was willin the spend up to £600 for the right one.how many shops have you been to?how many dresses have you tried on?

#208 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

I went in thinking I could find something simple for less than $1,000... let me just tell you that you shouldn't try anything on OVER your budget. I didn't check the price of the dress I ended up buying until AFTER I fell in love with it... oh well :)

#209 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                  • 443 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:21 AM

I am trying to decide between 2 dresses, 1 that is $990 and one that is $1799, lol! I plan on doing TTD so I did not want to spend as much but then of course at the bridal shop they tell you "you only get to wear a dress like this once" LOL!!!! If you go to Kleinfeld's or Vera Wang in Manhattan they have dresses as much as $15000 so it really depends on how much you want to spend, you could even get it at the David's Bridal $99 sale it is really up to you!

#210 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

I am merging this thread with the original one...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users