Photo

Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#11 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:59 PM

I haven't gotten my dress but the one i like is only $350 so I hope that is the cost!

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
      the actual retail of my gown is around $3k but I bought it used on ebay for $230.
      Impressive! I am still hoping to run across my dress like that too (eBay, PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com, etc.).

#13 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:15 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akh
        Impressive! I am still hoping to run across my dress like that too (eBay, PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com, etc.).
        it might be the only WR deal that comes out of this whole thing. I seem to be overbudget on everything else!

not sure where you live, but last December my local Saks had an amazing sample sale with couture gowns from around the US. I almost picked up a $10k Vera Wang for around $2k.

if I see anything about it I'll let everyone know.

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
          not sure where you live, but last December my local Saks had an amazing sample sale with couture gowns from around the US. I almost picked up a $10k Vera Wang for around $2k.
          I live in Chicago, there's GOT to be something there! I'll keep an eye out - thanks for the tip.

#15 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
            the actual retail of my gown is around $3k but I bought it used on ebay for $230.

Yeah, I love that you did that and that it worked out fine. Question, did you go try on the same dress at a store before you ordered it on e-bay?Sometimes things look so much different hanging up than they do actually on a person. I would be nervous to buy with out trying on.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#16 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              I live in Chicago, there's GOT to be something there! I'll keep an eye out - thanks for the tip.
              ann where do you live in chicago? I'm in chicago as well I'm in wickerpark/bucktown area.

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

i spent about $6,000 for dress, alterations etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#18 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
              • VIP Member
              • 931 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19
                Yeah, I love that you did that and that it worked out fine. Question, did you go try on the same dress at a store before you ordered it on e-bay?Sometimes things look so much different hanging up than they do actually on a person. I would be nervous to buy with out trying on.
                No I had never seen the gown in person. I am a bit of an anomoly. I worked in a nicer salon in college so I've tried on hundreds of gowns. It really worked to my disadvantage because I am really picky about fabric and design, but simultaneously it would kill me to pay retail for a gown because I know how much they cost.

They shipped it to me, I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I knew I wouldn't find "the one" but I am very happy with the one that I ended up with.

ETA: I figured there wasn't much to lose even if the gown didn't fit or I hated it - it was only $230 and I'm sure I could re-sell it for that price.

#19 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:06 PM

Oh, and www.weddingbee.com always has good sample sale info.

#20 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

I hope you guys don't think I'm RUDE for asking! (I am just really overwhelmed with the dress buying process so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible before I veture out there!

Can you tell what a neurotic person I am?!?

Thank you all so much for your help!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users