Photo

Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#171 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Dont know if I posted here but my dress is under $500 Alfred Angelo - not including alterations or veil which I just recently ordered online. My mom is paying for my dress and called me last week to say she won the lottery at work $600 - enough to cover the cost of the dress - how cool is that!? So its almost free I guess you could say!!

#172 bakerisacat

bakerisacat
    • 52 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:17 AM

I spent just over $800 on mine though to order would have been just over $1000 (floor model fit almost perfectly so I recieved a 20% discount for buying off the rack). This is it Jade Daniels Style 2082 :)

#173 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
      • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

I never thought I would feel so strongly about a dress before. I thought oh Id be fine with a couple hundred dollar dress. It wasnt one of the big things I budgeted for.

Now Im beginning to think different, and wondered what the average cost around here that you girls spent.

#174 saltocoach

saltocoach
        • 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

I actually have 2 dresses....a long one and a short one for our civil ceremony at home before we leave. The long one was $1400 + tax and the short one was almost $300. The way I see it...it was cheaper than the FI's harley!!!

#175 big3n09

big3n09
          • 616 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

My budget is $1000, I'm not willing to pay more than that and the 2 I have on hold are under that price, it's something I consider I can save on. I feel like I can find something nice that I like in that price range, I'll only be wearing it for a few hours for that one day. FI wouldn't care if I had on t-shirt and flip flops or rather nothing at all, hehehe!
            4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#176 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

There is already a thread out there for this, let me go find it and then I will merge them...

http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1506

#177 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
              • 1,225 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

Thank you :)

Sorry, my searching skills isnt as good as I thought!

#178 fudgie

fudgie
                • 353 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                  I never thought I would feel so strongly about a dress before. I thought oh Id be fine with a couple hundred dollar dress. It wasnt one of the big things I budgeted for.

Now Im beginning to think different, and wondered what the average cost around here that you girls spent.
                  I totally understand where you are coming from. I thought I would spend about $600 max on a dress and that if I tried on so many that I would find one I liked for that price. Sure, I tried on lots that I liked but nothing that I felt was "me" or made me feel special. The dress that I ended up buying was one of the first I tried on, I tried on dozens afterwards but came back to this one - and it was double my budget :)
                  I thought the dress wouldn't matter that much to me but it really did and now I am so happy with the dress I bought. I spend way more money then I wanted but in the end I am sure I would have spend that extra money over a few months without even thinking about it. If you can afford it and you truely feel that it is "the dress" then you should go for it - when will you ever get to wear such an amazing gown!
                  Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#179 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                  • 1,083 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

I spent around $900 on my dress... Alterations will be $350 flat fee with bridal shop.. so in all it will cost me $1250 or so for my dress. I didn't plan on spending that much; but I tried it on and it was just perfectly me.

#180 KimmyG

KimmyG
                    • 520 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

Where can you find a white/ivory bridesmaid dress? David's Bridal has bridesmaids dresses in 21 colors but not white.... i'm afraid the boutique styles will be way beyond my budget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users