Wedding Dress Prices?

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#161 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

WOW!!! $50 for final product!! That's incredible! Can't wait for pics!! (obviously - I think that's what keeps this forum going!!)

#162 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
    • 315 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 07:34 AM

wow, i'm so impressed the majority bough their dress under the $1,000 range!

My dress by Rivini cost me $5,940---just under my $6,000 budget. I set my budget for $6,000 because I was originally going to buy 2 dresses. But when I fell in love with 1 dress, I decided to sacrifice another dress so I could get my dream dress. =)

I've always dreamed of wearing designer and couture for my wedding.

I am wearing 2 veils that cost me close to $1,000 for both.

No shoes and accessories yet... yikes!!! oh well... you only do it once. i'd rather have a big bill at the end than a lifetime of regrets.

=/

#163 Kits55

Kits55
      • 607 posts
      • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
      • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ErikDaGenErik
      wow, i'm so impressed the majority bough their dress under the $1,000 range!

My dress by Rivini cost me $5,940---just under my $6,000 budget. I set my budget for $6,000 because I was originally going to buy 2 dresses. But when I fell in love with 1 dress, I decided to sacrifice another dress so I could get my dream dress. =)

I've always dreamed of wearing designer and couture for my wedding.

I am wearing 2 veils that cost me close to $1,000 for both.

No shoes and accessories yet... yikes!!! oh well... you only do it once. i'd rather have a big bill at the end than a lifetime of regrets.

=/
      I'm curious to know what an almost $6,000 dress looks like, will you please post pics of it? I bet it looks and feels amazing on!

#164 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
      • 315 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:37 AM

Hi! The average designer dress is actually right around the range of the dress i bought. i will definitely post pictures once my dress comes in.

i tried searching for pictures on the designer's site but it's not up yet. i bought my dress from a trunk show so it hasnt hit the shops yet.

i wasn't looking for a $6,000 dress... i just happened to fall in love with a dress that cost $6,000 =/

it's a Rivini Couture =)

#165 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

I ended up finding my dream dress (Allure Bridals) on the clearance rack for $625, marked down from $1300!

#166 destination

destination
          • 215 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

I bought an Alfred Angelo gown for under $500. I wanted some color, so it has fuschia on the top, bottom and corset laces. I love it, but I had no intention of spending a ton of money on a dress that i will wear only twice

#167 Duchess

Duchess
            • 358 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

Wow...I wanted simple and ended up with more elaborate than I wanted, but my dress was on sale and was about $350!!! That is also because I didnt want a train for a beach wedding. With undergarments it was close to $600. I got basically what I wanted and for me, I didnt see the differences between the much higher end stuff, but thats just me. I am kind of the anti bridezilla and really want to keep cost down. My veil was over 100 but I dont recall how much.

#168 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
              • 319 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

I actually went to FL to look with my MOH and I found the perfect dress an Anjolique for $350. The retail value was $1200. i think it was a steal!!!!

#169 nibsmom

nibsmom
                • 564 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

I definitely also wanted simple...and then the woman who was helping me try on dresses was like "oh try this one...it's sort of like ones you're looking at..."

So I did, and I almost cried when I put it on! It's SO not a DW dress, but I don't care. LOL. I bought it almost three years ago anyways, when we first got engaged. Then we just kept running into roadblocks that were keeping us from having the ceremony - until now! I bought it with the intention of having a garden wedding.

*sigh* I still love it though. I'm still going to wear it, and who cares! It's my day!

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns CT2406 A-line with all over beaded corded lace

I love the back and the hemline details the best....never thought I would be SO girly!

#170 mrslbs

mrslbs
                  • 26 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

I bought my dress in February for my December wedding..I got it for $300, plus $60 for the sash. I loved it at the time, but as the wedding drew nearer I was freaking out and thought I should get a more "destination" wedding dress! Luckily my friends helped me calm myself, and I ended up wearing it, and I absolutely loved it! It was a simple, but more traditional dress. With alterations at $65, I came in under my $500 budget!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users