When I first saw my dress back in July it was $1800. The salesgirl told me to wait until Sept or Oct as that was when the new season's dresses would be out and mine may go on sale. I'm glad I waited because when I went back, the price had gone down to $1500 and she told me if I paid for it in full they would take off an extra 10%, so it ended up being around $1500 after tax was included. This of course doesn't include alterations, hopefully that won't increase the cost too much.

I got my dress at Nicole Miller during a sample sale, so it was 10% off $600. I loved almost every dress I tried on there and I think even the most expensive one was less than $2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
I don't remember if I ever did. Here it is:

Click the image to open in full size.

This is one of the dresses I plan to try on. Do you love it? I haven't seen it in person yet and am worried that it might be too textured for me. I love the style of it though. It is in my top 5.

I don't plan on trying dresses on until Feb. Need to drop 5lbs before I feel up to it. Figure I should just wait until the holidays are over.

I think you can spend anywhere from as little as a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars on a dress. It all depends on what is most important to you. I spent only a few hundred dollars on mine and I absolutely loved the dress (and knew it right when I saw it). I wanted to instead spend more money on the food and music.

My dress was $550 but my godmother came with me when I tried it on and she bought the gown and veil for me.. it's a custom where my family comes from. One less thing I have to spend money on wink.gif

My dress was over my budget of $500. I ended up spending about $850 for the dress, so it will be $1000 by the time it is altered. It is a Casablanca. My seamstress said those were her favorite gowns to work with because they are so well made, even better than some of the couture gowns!

I was able to save money elsewhere though. I bought my veil online for $60 instead of $160 at the boutique. I found my slip on e-bay for $35 instead of $110. My earrings were on clearance at Macy's for $4!