when should i start to prepare for my wedding?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MichelleRhett

• 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

I wonder when should i start to prepare for my wedding? i really know nothing about how to plan a wedding! Thx much!

#2 MelB2012

• 182 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

It's never too early to start. I'm only getting married in November 2013 and I started around August/September this year. :)

#3 Tulumbride2013

• 670 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Def depend on when your wedding is. Mel is right though. It's never too early. I started about a year and a half out from my wedding day

#4 Speckles121

• 720 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

Definately dont wait until last minute..it will ruin the experience! I got engaged last thanksigiving and my wedding is now 5 weeks from Saturday.. and I dont feel stressed!

#5 Kay6356

• 543 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
          • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Start planning now... like the girls said it is never too early.  I got engaged January of this year and I am not getting married until January 2014.  Start looking into the different areas and resorts and narrow it down for a start and than you can keep your eye out for good finds.  Plus if you are a DIY'er than you will have lots of time to do all the DIY projects you wish :) Happy Planning!

#6 carajoe08

• 197 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

I think it's a good idea to start now. I'm also getting married in November 2013 and I've already booked my photographer, venue, spoke with a travel agent for group booking, ordered my dress, and working on invitations. I feel like with a destination wedding, the more you do over time, the less stressful things will be this time next year.

#7 Mufin1785

• 438 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I started planning right away we had a 2 year engagement.  I picked resort 20 months and sent out save the dates at that time to only close friends and family.  At 11 months out I sent out save the dates to Everyone.  I purchased a dress one year in advance.  Starting looking for deals on OOT bags right away.  The more time to you have the more likely you are to save money.  Good Luck!!

#8 Mpresid

• 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Definitely start as early as possible. You'll be amazed how quickly time flies. Especially if you plan to do any DIY projects. I'm a week away from my departure and I rushing to finish them all!

#9 Cherina

• Banned
                • 636 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yesterday! There is never enough time. Remember stress free is the goal and that mean prepared planning

2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!

#10 MrsBklovn

• 79 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

The earlier the better. That way you have time to change your mind.. after going through this site you will have sooo  many ideas you will keep changing your mind!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users