Thanks Ladies!!! I'm so excited (yes I've said that already, hehe!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
You already made your decision (YAY!) but for what its worth here are my two cents.

First of all, you and I have very similar taste, I heart, heart, heart lace dresses with the mantilla veil.

I honestly could not make a decision. I love them both. I love the bottom detailing on the first dress it is beautiful. But the second dress is just as equally beautiful.

I don't think the 1st dress makes your hips look wide at all. Are you wearing shoes in these pics? How tall are you? I don't know if its the pics but you look on the shorter side to me. Sometimes when people are shorter, dresses look different than on those stupid tall girl manequins (sorry to the tall girls, I'm just a hater cuz I'm short). Maybe that's why you think the first dress isn't so flattering. If you wear really high heels it may look much different.

Either one you choose is beautiful. You are going to look stunning. But I have to be honest I don't like the sash. I think its too busy to wear a sash with a lace dress. I know Monique Lulliher does this a lot but I think this is one of those "runway" things where they look good on the runway but not in real life. But if you love it, then you should def wear it.

I'm so excited for you getting a dress!

Glenda, I am short and not thin so the first dress looked so different on me. I am 5'3 and i was not wearing shoes. I don't want to wear super high heels since I like being short. I wear flats all the time and don't want to feel uncomfortable throughout the ceremony. Plus I plan to be barefoot for most of the reception.

The sash I tried on does not go with the dress. I plan to add a thick chocolate brown sash for the reception after I throw off my veil. I really do love the way sashes look with dresses.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy I'm 5'4! Go shorties, its our birthday! LOL.

I totally understand not wanting to wear high heels, I too would want to be in flip flops and comfortable. Like I said before I loved both the dresses on you, I only recommended trying it on with shoes b/c it may look different but now that I know your not planning on wearing high heels there is no point in doing that.

I too love sashes on dresses, I just personally don't like them with lace. But that's just me. LOL. You are going to look so beautiful, Hans is going to flip! Are you still going to wait until November to get your dress or will you get it now?

Okay I voted without looking at what everyone else wrote. I chose #2. I think it is very flattering on you. I am a huge fan of pronovias and i love that dress - and it did look fantastic on you. But for some reason the 2nd dress just really fit you well - and I don't mean fit in the alteration sense - but I guess I mean you really looked stunning on you. (make sense??)

Also as for the sash - I loved it! I think it really really added to the dress.

I can't wait to see what you pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I've narrowed my search to two dresses but I'm waiting for the Brides Against Cancer Dress Sale, which comes to L.A. in November, to make my decision.
What is the Brides against Cancer Dress Sale? I live in LA and am just starting to look at dresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
The sash I tried on does not go with the dress. I plan to add a thick chocolate brown sash for the reception after I throw off my veil. I really do love the way sashes look with dresses.

Amy I think a thicker one will look really great to add on for the reception. That will look great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
Amy I'm 5'4! Go shorties, its our birthday! LOL.

I totally understand not wanting to wear high heels, I too would want to be in flip flops and comfortable. Like I said before I loved both the dresses on you, I only recommended trying it on with shoes b/c it may look different but now that I know your not planning on wearing high heels there is no point in doing that.

I too love sashes on dresses, I just personally don't like them with lace. But that's just me. LOL. You are going to look so beautiful, Hans is going to flip! Are you still going to wait until November to get your dress or will you get it now?
You are too funny Glenda! I LOVE being short, especially when Hans hugs me :) I understand what you mean about wearing heals with your dress, it really does, the sales people at other stores kept insisting that I put on heels, lol.

I am still waiting for November, but if I don't find anything there, then I'm running the to get the San Patrick dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenvh View Post
What is the Brides against Cancer Dress Sale? I live in LA and am just starting to look at dresses.
here it is..

Brides Against Breast Cancer
Quote:
“Brides Against Breast Cancer - Nationwide Tour of Gowns Sales†This unique opportunity allows brides-to-be a chance to find the gown of their dreams at a remarkable price, while helping to make wishes and memory-making events come true. Most gown prices range from $89 to $799*, including hundreds of beautiful new name brand and designer gowns valued up to $8,000. *Exclusive designer and couture gowns valued up to $20,000 are also available at an incredible 25% to 75% savings. We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and debit cards.
REMEMBER – more than half the gowns presented during each event are NEW designer gowns that arrived directly from bridal shops, trunk shows and manufacturers. The Nationwide Tour of Gowns has something for everyone, boasting a wide range of styles and fabrics, in sizes 4 to 24. Slips, veils, shoes and other accessories are also available in select locations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Amy I think a thicker one will look really great to add on for the reception. That will look great.
Yes!!! I hope you can make it!