Cruise Timings

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Arch713

Arch713
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hi all!

How did you all decide what time of year you chose for your cruise wedding. My fiance and I have a good feeling about what ship/location but am struggling on what time of year. I am aware of hurricane season, spring break, etc but wanted to know what determined your date.

Thanks!

#2 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
    • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

We didn't want to get married during hurricane season & we wanted to cruise during a time where cruise prices were really good, so we chose December since the first two weeks are pretty reasonable & its after hurricane season. =]

#3 Arch713

Arch713
      • 161 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thansks Mrswilson. I agree - can't go wrong with December as I am sure that is a slower time with people getting ready for the holidays - but a PERFECT time for a wedding.

Thanks for sharing!

#4 LadyLove

LadyLove
        • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi Arch713 Great question as I'm sure most have had to deal with this. At first, hubby and I weren't sure and when we met our Travel agent she said that she had coordinated a February cruise wedding and the couple had a great turnout. For us, being based in the Toronto area that's the dead of winter and people want to get out of the snow, slush and winter doldrums and so it was a good decision for us to go with that suggestion. Happy planning!
          Don't worry! It's gonna be the perfect day.

#5 Hopesgate23

Hopesgate23
          • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I tried to schedule in the off seasons. I called an island coordinator and was told that Jan- March were much cheaper for cruise weddings especially have an on shore wedding.

#6 Arch713

Arch713
            • 161 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Thanks Hopesgate! Are you using Island Bliss as well? I noticed you are getting married in Jan 204 and I am looking at Feb. How is your planning going?

#7 atika

atika
              • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

january to march are too good for wedding as the festival season has just ended, so i can assume that it'll be very cheap those days...

#8 PunkyB

PunkyB
                • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

My fiance and I are using Island Bliss for our Jan 2014 ceremony. We will arrive on the Oasis and get hitched on Lindquist Beach. We are trying to determine where to go after the ceremony for a simple reception or just a few drinks.

#9 Jackie Milton

Jackie Milton
                  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

We're working with Janelle as well, awesome experience! We cruise the beginning of May, Wedding on St Thomas at Villa Botanica. Our timing choice was whittled down by family in college and when they could be home to come along. It was important to us they could be there,

I have read too that the "off" season timing on island is cheaper for vendors,....we did notice a big difference inour photographers prices per season.

#10 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
                    • 23 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

We got married 10 days ago in St. Thomas & used Janelle from Island Bliss Weddings for our ceremony. We then had our wedding reception back on our cruise ship. Janelle was absolutely fantastic! Let me know if you have any questions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users