Photo

Sparklers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smelikai

Smelikai
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:04 PM

I really want to have sparklers at our wedding. Both our ceremony and reception will be outside within the same vicinity. So I thought it would be lovely to make an entrance to our reception through the sparklers. They're really cheap online. About a buck a piece for the 36" ones that burn for 4 minutes. The only problem is you can't export them. My WC says she can get me sparklers for $3-$5 each. Has anyone had sparklers at their wedding, or plan to? I'm just looking for a cheaper way to get them. Thanks

Wedding Sparklers - Cheap Sparklers - $0.25*

http://www.skylighte...._The_Bride.asp

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, that's the problem, you can't get them from the US to Mexico "legally." I got the huge sparklers thru my WC for $2.50 each. Definitely not cheap, but they were a ton of fun.

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

I got my sparklers through Maye, they were $2.50 as well. I looked into bringing them but I don't think you can take them over the boarder.

#4 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

I am going to have a friend already in Mexico bring them to the wedding.
          I do not know how much they are without the markup, or if you could find them easily yourself once you get to your destination.

#5 jak27

jak27
          • 715 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:48 PM

My wedding coordinator told me that the majority of sparklers in cabo are homemade and are pretty messy, like the silver stuff comes off. Did any of you have a similar experience?

#6 edna

edna
            • Site Supporter
            • 1,360 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

The sparklers are easy to get in Mexico and very common. There are typical dates in Mexico we use them specially in December for the Posadas. The long ones you get them by 15-20 pesos at the street.. the package of 10 of the small ones are like 20 pesos / pack.....

You can buy them at the typical candy store or at the Mercados. How many are you planning to buy? the street vendor will give you better prices if you guy more than 3 or 5...

Traduction for sparklers in Spanish is "luces de bengala" .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users