Photo

2014 Hard Rock Punta Cana DR Brides!

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#131 KerriAnn5

KerriAnn5
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi ladies! So just an FYI I recently needed to add more rooms to my group contract and I was told by the resort that once I went over 20 rooms that all of my guest would lose their resort credits. I didn't believe them so I looked at my contract and it was in fact written in there! So. My TA dealt with them and got it removed from my contact. The moral here is if you have more than 20 rooms check your contracts!

#132 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
    • 211 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for that tidbit of information KerriAnn. Hopefully, I don't run across that problem. Okay, have any of you wonderful ladies booked your hair appointments yet? I figured my make-up out but have not figured out what I will be doing in regards to my hair. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Has anyone heard anything about the salon in the resort, Moon Beauty?

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

#133 AngBN

AngBN
      • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'm thinking of put my hair up, its curly n the humidity plays havoc with so figure it's best. Nervous about having someone who has never done my hair before actually doing it for such an important occasion. Anyone doing hair trials? Or know anything about the hairdressers there?

#134 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

AngBN I don't have any information about any of the local hairdressers. However, I get Dominican blowouts from time to time from a Dominican lady in my city. I am planning on scheduling an appointment with her in the next week or two. I will be asking her if she know of any good salons in the DR and also any recommendations for my hair since she's familiar with the texture (of my hair) and the weather in the DR. I will let you and any others interested in what she has to say. Lonita

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#135 AngBN

AngBN
          • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated

#136 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
            • 211 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

No problem.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#137 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
              • 211 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

AngBN,

I got my Dominican blowout yesterday and my hairdresser (who is Dominican) said I should have no problem getting a nice hairstyle. She said there are soooo many different hair textures in her country that hairdressers know how to style all hair types. She said even the stylist at the resorts would know how to style all hair types. I showed her a pic of the style I want and she said that it would be easy and attainable. I'm still going to do my homework to find a stylist I like and hopefully we can email or Skype so she can see my hair and the style I want. Hopefully, this was somewhat helpful.

Lonita

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#138 KerriAnn5

KerriAnn5
                • 45 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hi Ladies! Just some info about the salon. You Can NOT use the credits towards your hair and makeup. I contacted them directly and they said the usage of the credits has changed and they no longer allow it towards those services. From what i seen in other brides photots they did a pretty nice job with the hair and makeup. Also..They do NOT offer flase eyelashes if any of you were looking for that. You can bring your own strip lashes and glue with you and they will help you to apply them but thats the most they will do. They will not do the individual lashes either.

#139 alycamille

alycamille
                  • 26 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 14, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:27 AM

Unfortunately we've moved our wedding over to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe since the rates for our guests were too high...  Hopefully we still get to visit the HRPC, because I love the resort. Nonetheless just wanted to say that Mia was great to work with! Anyone who has her, she's awesome. Good luck! :)

#140 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
                  • 211 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by alycamille 

Unfortunately we've moved our wedding over to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe since the rates for our guests were too high...  Hopefully we still get to visit the HRPC, because I love the resort. Nonetheless just wanted to say that Mia was great to work with! Anyone who has her, she's awesome. Good luck! :)

OMG!!!!! Yes, the rates are extremely high but I think we got a decent deal for our guest. I am sooooo excited about staying at HRPC. I hope you get a chance to visit in your near future.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users