Sign in to follow this  
Jencakes21

MARIACHI'S IN CANCUN???

Does anyone know of mariachi's who are based in Cancun and do weddings? The resort is trying to charge me an obscene amount and I refuse to pay it! However I really do want to have them at my wedding.

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor View Post

musicancun charge the following for one set of 45 mins:

with 5 mariachi - 595 dollars

with 6 - 655

with 7 - 715

with 8 - 800

with 9 - 880 

you wont get a decent mariachi for much less than that unfortunately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg-fRy21R3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2i2Z3jy3iM&feature=plcp

Yes but my resort wants to charge $1,100.00 + 11% sales tax for a 45 minute set of 5 mariachi's... CRAZY!

i know what you mean, xcaret wanted to charge me 1985 dollars + tax for 45 mins - 14 mariachi. and no option to reduce the number of performers. and seemed genuinely suprised when i declined hahaha

I am getting married in Cozumel at a beach club, and I have a wedding coordinator there handling stuff like that for me.  I have the option to have a 5 piece mariachi band there for one hour for $375.  I don't know if the mariachi band they hire is exclusive to Cozumel, but I'm sure you can contact them and ask since the price is so good, and Cancun is so close.

I wouldn't know how to contact the mariachi band directly, but here is a link to my wedding coordinator, and I'm sure they could give you the info.

http://www.cozumelweddingplanner.com/

Wedding co-ordinators have a special relationship with vendors normally so have better prices, i dont know if theyd be willing to share vendor information if you arent paying them to co-ordinate the wedding? mmmm

It also depends how much you know about mariachi. My Mexican  fiance loves mariachi and will complain endlessly about "bad mariachi". so i had to research to find a cost effective one that he approved - he wouldnt hear of booking one without seeing a video. if it was me...all mariachi sounds pretty much the same, theres no good or bad hahaha

Originally Posted by chickky311 View Post

I am getting married in Cozumel at a beach club, and I have a wedding coordinator there handling stuff like that for me.  I have the option to have a 5 piece mariachi band there for one hour for $375.  I don't know if the mariachi band they hire is exclusive to Cozumel, but I'm sure you can contact them and ask since the price is so good, and Cancun is so close.

I wouldn't know how to contact the mariachi band directly, but here is a link to my wedding coordinator, and I'm sure they could give you the info.

http://www.cozumelweddingplanner.com/

Hello ladies!

As wedding planner/ coordinator in the riviera maya, we do have special relationship with our preferred vendors and most of the time we make sure we get our brides the best value at a good price.

We can sure suggests you our mariachis, but do remember that your resort will charge you a special fee for having outside mariachi coming in. sometimes its not worth it to actually go through that to find the price will almost me the same as what they charge you directly at the resort.

Feel free to ask me anything and I will be happy to help.

Happy Planning

Joyce

ok update for future brides - fi and I are going with an 9 person mariachi band, for either 45 mins or one hour for 8000 pesos, so about 615 dollars. And fi likes them so they have the mexican stamp of authenticity :P

Hey JessiTaylor - sounds like you found a great fit for you guys - way to go! and it will make your celebration go that much more smoothly.....good thinking :)