Girl, that dress is GORGEOUS and it looks absolutely FANTASTIC on you!!! Boy, your weight loss success is no joke! I hope I can look half that good in my wedding dress!!!

So glad everything worked out ... I can only imagine.

I hate that you can't wear the necklace but at last you have an alternative plan. Hopefully your Grandma will understand how you just don't feel the vibe of it looking right with your dress. I think the courthouse ceremony is a good compromise!!!!

Angela, is there a way for you to attach the pic of your grandfather (assuming its not too big) to the necklace and then to somehow wrap the necklace around your bouquet? know what I mean?

Ok so it's my turn to vent-last night I went for my first dress fitting and the lady helping me and the seamstress were so mean. The first lady kept saying that I cant do up the dress, oh my god oh my god that's all she kept saying. Even though when I grabbed another girl she had no problems at all. Then to make matters worse the seamstress came out and the first thing she said was oh I guess it's a little too tight and then kept sighing the whole time. Then when I said that I had only brought in my shoes and bra-missing the underwear cause I still havent found it-they sighed again and just gave me a dirty look. Big deal I'm sure the underwear I had on last night is not going to be hardly different from what I'll be wearing.

It just pissed me off cause I have spent over $5000 on my dress and have been working out 6 days a week and down to a size 5. I've been working so hard eating properly and it was just a huge letdown. I was so upset. I left there feeling like crap. Which is really rare for the store cause I have always had impecible service.

Ok I'm fine now. Thanks ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico2007 View Post
Ok so it's my turn to vent-last night I went for my first dress fitting and the lady helping me and the seamstress were so mean. The first lady kept saying that I cant do up the dress, oh my god oh my god that's all she kept saying. Even though when I grabbed another girl she had no problems at all. Then to make matters worse the seamstress came out and the first thing she said was oh I guess it's a little too tight and then kept sighing the whole time. Then when I said that I had only brought in my shoes and bra-missing the underwear cause I still havent found it-they sighed again and just gave me a dirty look. Big deal I'm sure the underwear I had on last night is not going to be hardly different from what I'll be wearing.
It just pissed me off cause I have spent over $5000 on my dress and have been working out 6 days a week and down to a size 5. I've been working so hard eating properly and it was just a huge letdown. I was so upset. I left there feeling like crap. Which is really rare for the store cause I have always had impecible service.
That is really terrible. Can you bring your dress somewhere else? I would not give my business to people who treat me that way. I also think you need to call the manager/owner and tell them what happened. That is not okay, do not let them off the hook. Do something about it so they do not do it to another bride.

Maybe they were jealous of you and were being nasty about it. I bet that is what was going on.

Quote:
Thanks girls. I know that I shouldn't let it bother me but it just sucked. It seriously made me doubt my dress selection. I'm sure once they fix it I'll be a lot better.
You are bigger person (figuratively speaking) than I am! I would not want to deal with that kind of crap. I would take my business elsewhere. Size 5? Wow, that's tiny! And, yeah, I'm pretty sure your panties don't have anything to do with altering your dress! Bitches!

Quote:
I can't believe that.. haven't they ever seen Pretty Woman?! Seriously though, that's crap! Is this at the place where you bought the dress? Can you take it elsewhere? I hate bad customer service. Why can't people be nice?