blazing Mexico Heat affecting makeup?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi ladies,

what makeup do you think will not "melt" (or last longer) air brushing? Regular makeup?

What do you recommend? Anyone test this out yet?

Thanks!!

#2 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
    • 255 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

I'm wondering the same thing! I think I'm going to have to blot with blotting wipes and re-touch with powder multiple times throughout the day.

#3 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
      • 955 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I had similar concerns...I selected a few days over the summer to do full face make-up test I choose days were the high was 90 +  and went to Sephora twice and MAC once.  Make-up was applied between 10:00 and noon.  The task - I wanted to be tear-proof, transfer-proof, sweat proof, able to endure humidity, photo ready,  12+ hours of wear and something that wouldn't make me shiny. The best result was Smashbox Studio Skin + Hourglass Veil as a primer = Perfection! I went to the gym on these days, watched a movie that I knew would make me cry, and checked transferability by blotting my face with a white shirt throughout the day.  MAC was a total fail but I will be using there shadows for my eyes.

#4 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
        • 236 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

OMG thank you sooooooooooo much for that info!!! Everyone raves about MAC so this is really helpful to give Smashbox a try. maybe I should bring my own? what makeup artist are you using? The resorts?

#5 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
          • 255 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

I wouldn't trust the resort to carry certain brands, I'd bring it with you to be on the safe side.

#6 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
            • 2,136 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hola Chicas,

I have been a MAC girl all my life! Initially I was going to bring my make-up artist to Mexico but that just proved to be too costly.  Therefore, I found someone in Mexico that came to the resort. Her name is Norma Zurama (you can find great reviews on this site about her) & pictures in my thread.

Even if you don't get a professional or plane to bring your own to have the resort apply... I tell you I didn't have a problem at all.  We were outside from 4:30pm until 12a. And then I went to change out of my dress to go clubbing LOL.  I sweat a lot, and my makeup held up pretty well. 

We were married 4/21/12 at 5p.  Now those getting married at 11AM I totally can't help you... I don't like heat that much to brave that time of day

Happy Planning

#7 imnotarunner

imnotarunner
              • 236 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

thank you so much for the great advice, I will probably bring my own.

Have a great weekend ladies

#8 EmbellishMe

EmbellishMe
                • Site Supporter
                • 23 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Something I was wondering about as well...thanks for the post!! :)

#9 cherany

cherany
                  • 234 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I had similar concerns...I selected a few days over the summer to do full face make-up test I choose days were the high was 90 +  and went to Sephora twice and MAC once.  Make-up was applied between 10:00 and noon.  The task - I wanted to be tear-proof, transfer-proof, sweat proof, able to endure humidity, photo ready,  12+ hours of wear and something that wouldn't make me shiny. The best result was Smashbox Studio Skin + Hourglass Veil as a primer = Perfection! I went to the gym on these days, watched a movie that I knew would make me cry, and checked transferability by blotting my face with a white shirt throughout the day.  MAC was a total fail but I will be using there shadows for my eyes.

Super helpful! I'm still trying to decidie

#10 cherany

cherany
                    • 234 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Wow, iPad went crazy on me there and posted my reply instead of auto correcting my typo and allowing me to finish. I hate touch screens! :mad: I meant to say, I'm still trying to decide between doing my own make-up and hiring someone. I love the look of airbrush, but it might not be in our budget, so I'm also thinking of how I might do my own face, especially what products to use, in case it comes to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users