Sign in to follow this  
imnotarunner

blazing Mexico Heat affecting makeup?

I'm wondering the same thing! I think I'm going to have to blot with blotting wipes and re-touch with powder multiple times throughout the day.

I had similar concerns...I selected a few days over the summer to do full face make-up test I choose days were the high was 90 +  and went to Sephora twice and MAC once.  Make-up was applied between 10:00 and noon.  The task - I wanted to be tear-proof, transfer-proof, sweat proof, able to endure humidity, photo ready,  12+ hours of wear and something that wouldn't make me shiny. The best result was Smashbox Studio Skin + Hourglass Veil as a primer = Perfection! I went to the gym on these days, watched a movie that I knew would make me cry, and checked transferability by blotting my face with a white shirt throughout the day.  MAC was a total fail but I will be using there shadows for my eyes.

OMG thank you sooooooooooo much for that info!!! Everyone raves about MAC so this is really helpful to give Smashbox a try. maybe I should bring my own? what makeup artist are you using? The resorts?

Hola Chicas,

I have been a MAC girl all my life! Initially I was going to bring my make-up artist to Mexico but that just proved to be too costly.  Therefore, I found someone in Mexico that came to the resort. Her name is Norma Zurama (you can find great reviews on this site about her) & pictures in my thread.

Even if you don't get a professional or plane to bring your own to have the resort apply... I tell you I didn't have a problem at all.  We were outside from 4:30pm until 12a. And then I went to change out of my dress to go clubbing LOL.  I sweat a lot, and my makeup held up pretty well. 

We were married 4/21/12 at 5p.  Now those getting married at 11AM I totally can't help you... I don't like heat that much to brave that time of day

Happy Planning

I had similar concerns...I selected a few days over the summer to do full face make-up test I choose days were the high was 90 +  and went to Sephora twice and MAC once.  Make-up was applied between 10:00 and noon.  The task - I wanted to be tear-proof, transfer-proof, sweat proof, able to endure humidity, photo ready,  12+ hours of wear and something that wouldn't make me shiny. The best result was Smashbox Studio Skin + Hourglass Veil as a primer = Perfection! I went to the gym on these days, watched a movie that I knew would make me cry, and checked transferability by blotting my face with a white shirt throughout the day.  MAC was a total fail but I will be using there shadows for my eyes.
Super helpful! I'm still trying to decidie

Wow, iPad went crazy on me there and posted my reply instead of auto correcting my typo and allowing me to finish. I hate touch screens! :mad: I meant to say, I'm still trying to decide between doing my own make-up and hiring someone. I love the look of airbrush, but it might not be in our budget, so I'm also thinking of how I might do my own face, especially what products to use, in case it comes to that.