Official Shoutbox Thread 2012

TammyWright

I love all the puppies! The black and white one above that I posted...I forgot to say that her name is Chanel. Seemed to fit her perfectly. What are you ladies doing with your pups while you are away? I hate the thought of boarding her, but I am not sure who else can take care of her since most of our close friends and family will be on vacation with us. If you are boarding your pups, what do you look for in a good one?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by missde09 View Post

I love all the puppies! The black and white one above that I posted...I forgot to say that her name is Chanel. Seemed to fit her perfectly. What are you ladies doing with your pups while you are away? I hate the thought of boarding her, but I am not sure who else can take care of her since most of our close friends and family will be on vacation with us. If you are boarding your pups, what do you look for in a good one?

I have a dog sitter who stops by to check on my dogs while I am away.  He works with several other people in my building so he comes highly recommended and has a security key to get into the building. He's done a great job and is inexpensive. My dog are very well behaved and are good alone in the house together. All they do pretty much is sleep lol  He comes by once a day to take them for a walk and they use pee pee pads in between and he cleans that up and changes their food and water.

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

I have a dog sitter who stops by to check on my dogs while I am away.  He works with several other people in my building so he comes highly recommended and has a security key to get into the building. He's done a great job and is inexpensive. My dog are very well behaved and are good alone in the house together. All they do pretty much is sleep lol  He comes by once a day to take them for a walk and they use pee pee pads in between and he cleans that up and changes their food and water.

So lucky! We cannot find a reliable dog walker or sitter for while we are away plus she requires multiple walks because she is highly energetic. I take her to a local park with a dog run for an hour a day or I walk her 4 times at 15-20 minutes each walk or I put her in Doggy Day camp (it's real). I usually put her there on days when I know I will be late- say like today. I'm at work form 7-7- thats cruel and too long to be without exercise and relief, so she's in day camp having supervised play time, they feed them lunch and dinner, and crate them at 5 pm while they await pickup. 

For our wedding- we are having a delayed honeymoon. We are staying at the resort for a week for the wedding but taking a honeymoon later in the year. I plan on buying one of those deals from living social somewhere exotic and different- since we're already going to the Caribbean. - like Thailand, Egypt, Spain. Living Social has great deals!

As far as the dog- we will be boarding her but we board her in the Petsmart Pets Hotel and they have the doggy day camp option. It's $32 a night and $19 for day camp so she costs $51 a day to board- which is still cheaper than some other places. When we take our delayed honeymoon she will stay with a friend.

The Petsmart Pets Hotel is awesome! I have been taking her to day camp for 2 years now and I know the workers well. They love her! And I can tell they treat her well because she is so excited to go when I drop her off. They also make snacks like peanut butter Kongs and Lactose free ice cream (additional). There is an associate who works the graveyard shift so someone is always there. They even have a "Bone booth" and you can have your dog put into a room with a speakerphone and talk to them and check in on them. I know the associates so well that one of them offered to dog sit Elly at her house while we were away but obviously for much less. I'm ok with it but my fiance prefers to board her because her vet is through Banfield and Banfield has a clinic inside of Petsmart, so if something goes wrong she will receive veterinary care.

I swear they are just like kids. I pay a monthly pet insurance for her that covers her shots and visits, I buy her toys and she leaves them all over the house or breaks them the day I buy them, she needs to be put in day camp, she prefers sleeping in our bed, she throws tantrums when we don't take her out, and she always wants what someone else has.

Dogs are hysterical.

Originally Posted by Speckles121 View Post

hmm wanna share that recipe..bc i could potentially be in love!!

I can send it to you if you want I just need to track it down (we moved at the beginning of summer and I am still not unpacked) embarrest.gif

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be View Post

I too was quite sad my dog can't come to Cuba and be in the wedding, so I had him added to our Cake Topper!!!!  His name is Reggie and He's a Chihuahua Corgi cross.  All this talk about cheesecake, I better go spend some time in the low carb thread before I backslide.

I love, love this it is so cute!!!!

I have 2 dogs they are the love of my life! Rico and Carlos Yorkie and a Yorkie Pap cross!!!!!

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

So lucky! We cannot find a reliable dog walker or sitter for while we are away plus she requires multiple walks because she is highly energetic. I take her to a local park with a dog run for an hour a day or I walk her 4 times at 15-20 minutes each walk or I put her in Doggy Day camp (it's real). I usually put her there on days when I know I will be late- say like today. I'm at work form 7-7- thats cruel and too long to be without exercise and relief, so she's in day camp having supervised play time, they feed them lunch and dinner, and crate them at 5 pm while they await pickup. 

For our wedding- we are having a delayed honeymoon. We are staying at the resort for a week for the wedding but taking a honeymoon later in the year. I plan on buying one of those deals from living social somewhere exotic and different- since we're already going to the Caribbean. - like Thailand, Egypt, Spain. Living Social has great deals!

As far as the dog- we will be boarding her but we board her in the Petsmart Pets Hotel and they have the doggy day camp option. It's $32 a night and $19 for day camp so she costs $51 a day to board- which is still cheaper than some other places. When we take our delayed honeymoon she will stay with a friend.

The Petsmart Pets Hotel is awesome! I have been taking her to day camp for 2 years now and I know the workers well. They love her! And I can tell they treat her well because she is so excited to go when I drop her off. They also make snacks like peanut butter Kongs and Lactose free ice cream (additional). There is an associate who works the graveyard shift so someone is always there. They even have a "Bone booth" and you can have your dog put into a room with a speakerphone and talk to them and check in on them. I know the associates so well that one of them offered to dog sit Elly at her house while we were away but obviously for much less. I'm ok with it but my fiance prefers to board her because her vet is through Banfield and Banfield has a clinic inside of Petsmart, so if something goes wrong she will receive veterinary care.

I swear they are just like kids. I pay a monthly pet insurance for her that covers her shots and visits, I buy her toys and she leaves them all over the house or breaks them the day I buy them, she needs to be put in day camp, she prefers sleeping in our bed, she throws tantrums when we don't take her out, and she always wants what someone else has.

Dogs are hysterical.

I am lucky my aunt owns a kennel just outside of the city so my boys will be staying there while we are gone for the first week and then nana (my mom) will go pick them up and they will stay at her house for the second week that we are gone! And you are right they are just like kids both mine sleep in the bed with us, its funny how they have such personalities when it comes down to it they really are like our kinds! LOL

We decided just to do the honeymoom while we are there, we ususally go on holidays every February and this year we arent going anywhere until the wedding because we need to holiday time, but it is going to be a long, long wait... it can get really cold here during the winter! But I would have loved to do something like what you are talking about... maybe the year after maybe!

i LOVE this! we have a corgi-dachsund mix and looks so much like your dog! where did you get this?

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be View Post

I too was quite sad my dog can't come to Cuba and be in the wedding, so I had him added to our Cake Topper!!!!  His name is Reggie and He's a Chihuahua Corgi cross.  All this talk about cheesecake, I better go spend some time in the low carb thread before I backslide.

Hey EV, It might not be such a strange request... I'm sure they've done enough weddings... There's gotta be ONE other bride out there who wanted blue orchids at her DR wedding. I'm pretty sure they are dyed - so I'm guessing they are white orchids with that deep purple tip, and then the blue dyed seeps into the centre of the flower? I Love them regardless. When I found out I could get them, my mind was set, and my colours were picked for me :) Deep Purple, Turquoise and Cream.
@Melb2012 Sorry this is off-topic from the puppy dog conversatio haha but What color are your bridesmaids and groomsmen wearing? My colors are purple and turquoise forsure and i was gonna put my girls in purple but was unsure of if the guys shouls have purple shirts or turquoise or what would look good haha I'm having a hard time picturing it.

Originally Posted by brebuisson02 View Post

@Melb2012 Sorry this is off-topic from the puppy dog conversatio haha but What color are your bridesmaids and groomsmen wearing? My colors are purple and turquoise forsure and i was gonna put my girls in purple but was unsure of if the guys shouls have purple shirts or turquoise or what would look good haha I'm having a hard time picturing it.

Hey Bre,

My Bridesmaid flies in from Calgary this week so we are going dress shopping for them on Thursday (EXCITING)... My girls are going to wear deep purple. I only have 2 girls in my wedding party (+ my flower girl who will probably wear white with a purple waist band or something.) Now, for the guys - I have no clue. My FH doesn't want me to get involved in what he wears... but I HAVE to! Lol.

I've suggested grey linen with a purple tie (a vest with no jacket, sleeves rolled up... LOVE IT) but he apparently doesn't like grey because it is gloomy. I really don't think a beige suit can incorporate any purple, it just won't work. I have potentially sold him on a light grey suit (borderline white, but not quite...) But I will only be using Turquoise to accent the purple wherever I can.

We've definitely challenged ourselves with these colours, but I love them so - Challenge Accepted.