Looking for resources to find affordable groom/groomsmen attire

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kimber24

kimber24
  • Site Supporter
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hey all!  I was wondering where everyone was looking for/finding their groom and groomsmen suits for their destination weddings?  I am interested in a grey linen suit with vest for my FI (with groomsmen wearing just the vest and shirt), but I don't want them to cost an arm and a leg.  What have you all been seeing out there?  Any resources would be appreciated :)

#2 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
    • 438 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by kimber24 

Hey all!  I was wondering where everyone was looking for/finding their groom and groomsmen suits for their destination weddings?  I am interested in a grey linen suit with vest for my FI (with groomsmen wearing just the vest and shirt), but I don't want them to cost an arm and a leg.  What have you all been seeing out there?  Any resources would be appreciated :)

We are renting from Al's Formal Wear the groomsmen will wear  grey vest, with pants and tie, cost is $79.99 it comes with rental shoes if you need them. My groom is wearing a full suit, The groom's attire is only $40 (the say it is free, with a $40 processing fee).  They also have a destination wedding wedding special they extend your rental for 7 days at no extra charge.  The fathers will wear a suit with no vest it is $140.00 with shoes if you don't need shoes it is $120.00.  I found this to be the best option we are having our groomsmen wear charcoal chucks famous footwear has them on sale for 44.99

#3 kimber24

kimber24
      • Site Supporter
      • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Awesome... Thanks Mufin! I didn't realize that places did extended rentals for destination weddings! I'll have to look at some of the places around here... thanks again!!

#4 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

If you're looking for matching ties, I highly recommend http://www.bows-n-ties.com/ - great selection, fantastic prices, and quality products. I know it's not the suit..but there's no sense in paying a ton for the matching ties too. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#5 Speckles121

Speckles121
        • 720 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Definately look around..we have a mom & pop suit store here and we got 3 grey suits for $130 each..much cheaper than renting! And we purchased the guys ties from abcneckties.com!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users