Jenn Burch

Jack and Jill/Stag and Doe before a destination wedding?

I've never heard of these parties before. I really like the idea of using the funds for an excision for everyone though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fiancé and I are also on the fence. He is from Ontario where stag and does are common, and I had never even heard of one before! His family has suggested it since we don't live in Ontario and I haven't even met a lot of his family and they most likely won't be attending the wedding. They thought it would be a good way to meet and let them feel like they are a part if the festivities. Since I haven't met so many people I would rather something that is co ed so we can both attend and visit with family and friends...thoughts anyone??

A stag and doe to me always seemed like a cash grab!  (just my opinion)  I realize that its to help the bride and groom pay for the wedding but if your already giving a gift it just strikes me as tacky asking your guest to also help pay for the wedding.

But its also different for everyone..for some people its common practice to have a stag and doe .

But I will say that you should NEVER invite people to your stag and doe who you are not inviting to your wedding!! It just seems rude to me. 

as for @@candle23..If you just want to have a party so everyone can meet and mingle, why not just have an engagement party?!? 

I agree! I feel like it is tacky asking the guests for more money, especially if you are inviting people who aren't invited to the wedding!