Sign in to follow this  
thewarpedone

Divi Aruba All Inclusive - June 2013

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have booked our wedding for next June.  I've seen some threads dating back to last year about the resort, but just wondering if anyone has been there more recently.  I've booked to go with Thomson, so the Town House first for the legal marriage part then a choice of reception locations (beach, hotel or rock area).  Any recommendations? 

Any people that stuck in your mind, or pitfalls you encountered? 

Any local suppliers you'd recommend?  I'm not sure if transport is required from hotel to Town House, and I'd quite like to catch a bus - who else would catch a bus to their own wedding?  That appeals to me :)  I'm not fussed about luxury cars or wanting uneccessary expense.  Going to do my own hair, nails and make-up.

It's just the two of us, no family or friends, just two random witnesses on the day (hopefully it'll be a nice couple we meet whilst on holiday prior to the wedding).  2 week break (arrive, have 10 days to tan, then get married, then 3 days of honeymoon).  Can anyone recommend any excursions too?  We'd like a day out then a day beside the pool/beach.

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Donna,

Congratulations on your engagement. 

We've now been to Aruba twice (once on vacation, once to get married). If you want the fully island experience we had a great all day jeep tour with ABC Tours http://abc-aruba.com/. We also enjoyed snorkeling with the jolly pirates and sailing with red sail sports. 

I don't know if you've ridden the busses on the island before, but they're not air conditioned. And most of them from the resorts stop at a bus depot downtown. It's a good half mile hike from there to the town house unless you transfer busses. We waited over half an hour for a bus a few times too. I dare say that on your wedding day you might want to take a cab ($10-15) there and if you're really dedicated to riding the bus, taking it home. 

We worked with Cassandra and Marc Crooze as our photographers and couldn't have been happier with their work. http://www.croozephotography.com/

The only pitfall I can think of is that it took over 2 months to receive our actual marriage certificate (it gets translated and an aposophille)  so I'm constantly explaining to people why my name hasn't changed. I'm still waiting for social security to send me a new card... 

Katie