Paying for our own.

We are also paying for our own wedding (aside from my wedding gown & rehearsal dress which my momma has insisted on paying for) and have cut back all of our spending in order to save enough money for our December wedding. We know it will be tough not getting to do all the extras we usually do, but it will be well worth it when we are committing our lives to one another in front of God, our family & loved ones in paradise!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have 2 little ones, and will be paying for our own as well.  My parents have decided that they will pay for my 2 siblings and their spouses as any money they would give us..um. ok?  That sounds more like a gift to them...we luckily didn't expect/ask for their help, nor did my parents pay for me to attend my siblings weddings (over $1000 out of pocket each time).  This sounds more bitter than I actually am...LOL.  Anyway, paying for our own and for a private  reception for our guests :)

Edited by marinah84

• 1 month later...

We have 2 little ones, and will be paying for our own as well.  My parents have decided that they will pay for my 2 siblings and their spouses as any money they would give us..um. ok?  That sounds more like a gift to them...we luckily didn't expect/ask for their help, nor did my parents pay for me to attend my siblings weddings (over $1000 out of pocket each time).  This sounds more bitter than I actually am...LOL.  Anyway, paying for our own and for a private  reception for our guests :)

I might be a little bitter too!!!!

It totally sounds like a gift to them, not to you!!

We are also paying for the wedding ourselves.   We got engaged on Apr 1, and we booked a resort early May for January 2015 so we feel the pressure.  When things (like photos) costed more than I thought, etc.  So I have really had to cut back on some things (ie I can't afford OOT bags, but would never have thought to do it if it wasn't for this awesome site), but I am definitely getting all the big stuff that is important to me!  I have become super thrifty that is forsure. Most is DIY or bargain shopping.

Yup we are paying ourselves too. . thankfully we can afford this and all the extras... I am more cautious with money than FI so I've done most of the planning but he does have input especially when I'm unsure about a cost and if we can afford. ..we haven't set a budget which prob isn't good.. but I'm not going over board..no dj just ipod. .no private meal we are eating at buffet and why not when they set us up in our own area so it's semi private and FI wants evwryone to be able to eat what they want not a set menu..and we are also not having what our resort calls a beach bash for 1500.00 upto 20 ppl then it would be 15.00 pp above that...we chose a private cocktail hr on beach which to me is the same thing and for fraction of the price at 6.00pp for 2 hrs and another 6.00 pp for the extra hr...so I have cut some costs...I guess each bride chooses what they feel is important to them and what their guests will suit... still looks like it's going to cost 15 000.00 which I'm told is still cheaper than a home wedding..

• 1 year later...