• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone ! I am on a vacation right now staying at the gran Caribe Real in Cancun. Met with the wedding coordinator for this resort and the sister resort beside which is the Royal Cancun. We got a lot of questions answered and were able to see two weddings and two special events happen so far :) We still have not chosen our resort nor a date but wanting February 2014. I was debating on whether to hire a wedding coordinator plus travel agent combo company such as Blue Petal however am not sure. I may just hire a local travel agent from home and communicate directly with the resort I choose for wedding details. How is everyone finding the pricing for winter 2014. The TA from my home town said rates won't be available until after my vacation. So we will have to see. What is everyone considering for price point for their guests ?? Very excited to begin all the planning but NEED TO CHOOSE A RESORT !!!! :)

@heather82, can i ask what the quote was for ocean turquesa? Also other brides on this forum could u tell me what u got for prices? Was hoping no more than 1300 AI but all the 4* resorts seem like it ll be a least that and more. This website is dangerous, i literally read for hours especially since we havent chosen a resort but then i just get more confused. LOL

Originally Posted by HeatherLynn83 View Post

@heather82, can i ask what the quote was for ocean turquesa?

Also other brides on this forum could u tell me what u got for prices?

Was hoping no more than 1300 AI but all the 4* resorts seem like it ll be a least that and more.

This website is dangerous, i literally read for hours especially since we havent chosen a resort but then i just get more confused. LOL

Hi Heather - we were quoted $1286 (double occupancy) for Ocean Turquesa April 20-27, 2014 - i think with Transat.

@ABCDwedding - our budget is $1300 for guests, flying out of Toronto (or, London if possible). We are considering Gran Porto Real in playa del carmen. Im impressed with their wedding packages and our TA recommends it. We were also told that communicating with Real Resorts WC's are quick and easy, meaning you may not need to hire someone to do that work for you.

Originally Posted by HeatherLynn83 View Post

Hi Heather

Does your travel agent specialize in book DWs. Are they located in your area (london)?

Hi Heather - Im not sure if she specializes in DWs, however she was referred to me by a coworker who used her for her own DW, who was referred to HER by a friend who had a DW, and so on. 

She has been knowledgeable and honest about the area and resorts, and has mentioned shes done a few DWs at certain resorts we've talked about...familiar with the WC's and whether they are cooperative or not.

Shes in Burlington, im in Woodstock - we have only talked via email and phone and I dont feel a need to meet in person. I will PM you her info its worth a shot to see what she can quote you :)

Originally Posted by heather82 View Post

Hi Heather - we were quoted $1286 (double occupancy) for Ocean Turquesa April 20-27, 2014 - i think with Transat.

@ABCDwedding - our budget is $1300 for guests, flying out of Toronto (or, London if possible). We are considering Gran Porto Real in playa del carmen. Im impressed with their wedding packages and our TA recommends it. We were also told that communicating with Real Resorts WC's are quick and easy, meaning you may not need to hire someone to do that work for you.

Sorry - Ocean Turquesa was $1260 plus every 21st passenger only pays taxes.  This could take off another $20-$40 or so depending on the size of your group.

Westjet Vacations is amazing! We are travelling with them for a friend's resort in Tulum in May and they have been more then helpful! We are using them for our wedding for Jan 2014! I love our destination wedding travel agent, she has been fantastic and got quotes for us with no issues. Kristy @ Pose Destination Wedding & Travel!