Photo

Photography - Resort vs. Local vs. Canadian Photographer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BridetobeABCD

BridetobeABCD
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Would like some advice on choosing a photographer. I am trying to decide if I should choose the resort photographer, hire a local Photographer from Cancun/Riviera Maya area or bring a photographer from Canada (Ontario - 1.5 hrs North of Toronto).

Any advice or even suggestions on any vendors??

Much appreciated :)

Thank You

#2 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,074 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Great question, BridetobeABCD, and one that so many of our brides asked, we compiled a FAQ webpage with more info on that exact topic, with a link to it here........

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#3 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
      • 465 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by BridetobeABCD 

Would like some advice on choosing a photographer. I am trying to decide if I should choose the resort photographer, hire a local Photographer from Cancun/Riviera Maya area or bring a photographer from Canada (Ontario - 1.5 hrs North of Toronto).

Any advice or even suggestions on any vendors??

Much appreciated :)

Thank You

Due to the HIGH prices of my resort photographer...and the fact they wouldnt let me bring in a local photographer (unless I paid for a 3 night stay at the resort) - I decided to bring my own from Canada.
        Yes - it the long run its probably a bit more money - but the benefit to this is that we get 2 engagement sesssions - one in Canada and one in Mexico...we get the ENTIRE wedding day (not just getting ready, ceremony, and after ceremony pics)...and TTD session. Plus..our photographer has a chance to get to know us as a couple before the 'big day' and can get a feel of who we are and what we like.
        Id rather have that any day over a complete stranger who's just showing up to my wedding to do a job and then leave.
        I believe my photographer will be working extra hard to deliver the best shots possible. Plus..he's with us the whole week so nothing will be too rushed!

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,074 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Congrats Sunshine2680! sounds like you've made a wonderful decision re your photographer, and that you'll have an amazing record of all those priceless wedding "moments that matter" ! wishing you all the best with your plans and wedding celebration - Enjoy :)

100% Deposit Guarantee

#5 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
          • 465 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Thank you! :)

#6 erjohnmarsh

erjohnmarsh
            • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

For the best destination wedding photography, photographers on this website are absolutely perfect. They will observe the potential of the location and then offer the photography to their customers in accordance to their needs. Magical wedding moments which you want to get captured are captured by this website’s photographer.

#7 ashk

ashk
              • 100 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

I was originally thinking of bringing a local photographer whose work I really liked, but decided to see if I could find a Riviera local who would theoretically be more experienced with the region. I am really excited about TakeIt Photo, they're a couple and they have good prices and amazing reviews and work - but I've just found out that my resort wants to charge me a penalty plus a large vendor fee which will amount to almost as much as my photo package!! If I had known earlier that this was the situation, I would have put a lot more consideration into bringing someone with us...

Is this a common practice in Mexico?

I'm so glad for you that it all worked out :D

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Congrats ashk on your upcoming Mayan Riviera wedding ! It all depends on which resort you choose. Some allow outside vendors, and some require that you book a room for them for 2 nights, and some don't allow outside vendors at all - as I said it depend on the policy of your resort.

So many of our brides were asking about this exact question, we compiled a webpage with some answers here.........

100% Deposit Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users