Photo

Dress Train.. What are you doing about yours?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kassi22

Kassi22
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hey Everyone,

I'm having a dilemma with my dress... I'm at a complete loss of what to do.

My wedding dress is Allure 8915

http://www.allurebri...8267641G160I65h

It has a fluffy ruffled bottom and a train that sticks off the back about 3 feet. It actually is longer then it looks in the pictures. I don't know what to do about it!!!

I like the train, and think it would be fine for the ceremony part but I dont know what to do about it later. Its too long to just have dragging about everywhere, people will be stepping on me :)

I thought about cutting partial of it off, maybe a foot, to a foot and a half. However I'm worried it would ruin the look of the dress. It may be fine, but once I get it cut off, there is no going back.

The other option would be to bustle it. However, its so fluffy, I think the bustle will look huge!

What can I do? Should I do one of the above? Anyone have any other suggestions or have a similar dress that you have come up with something?

Thanks,

k

#2 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
    • 670 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Play around with the bustle idea. I think this is going to be your main option. It may be a bit fluffy bit it will work out. I think a good seamstress could make a bustle that minimizes the poof you speak of. I think cutting off the train s an option but that's a matter of personal preference. It's. gorgeous dress and I'm a huge fan of the skirt and train. Very feminine.

#3 uhura526

uhura526
      • 330 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 

Play around with the bustle idea. I think this is going to be your main option. It may be a bit fluffy bit it will work out. I think a good seamstress could make a bustle that minimizes the poof you speak of. I think cutting off the train s an option but that's a matter of personal preference. It's. gorgeous dress and I'm a huge fan of the skirt and train. Very feminine.

I agree. I think the only way to go would be to go with the bustle idea. I am doing that with mine as well.

#4 Kassi22

Kassi22
        • 135 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Ok, thanks. I will talk to my seamstress and see what she suggests. I'm sure there is something she can do with it so it doesn't make me look like I have a huge butt!!! ahahah.

#5 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
          • 190 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I have a similar allure dress and when I went for the fitting my seamstress showed me the bustle-not pouffy at all! I originally had the same concerns but its amazing what a good seamstress can do.

#6 Kay6356

Kay6356
            • 543 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
            • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Beautiful dress! I think the busses idea would work... Just play with it :)

#7 Mpresid

Mpresid
            • 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

A bustle should work. I also have an allure dress with ruffles and I think the bustle will keep the train from dragging in the dirt.

#8 inloveinkorea

inloveinkorea
              • 177 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'm having mine chopped off! I just don't want to deal with it, and I'm having my ceremony on the sand, plus dancing right on the sand.. so it will just be a pain I think. 

Visit my Etsy shop for affordable DIY invitations and wedsite design! http://www.etsy.com/...eaOfLoveStudios

#9 oblaka9

oblaka9
                • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

My dress has a long train. I was planning on having it chopped off, but my mom and future mother in law had a cow when I told them about it. I'll definitely at least get it shortened, but I'll play around with bustling. I just don't like the idea of dragging it around on the sand.

#10 Kassi22

Kassi22
                  • 135 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by oblaka9 

My dress has a long train. I was planning on having it chopped off, but my mom and future mother in law had a cow when I told them about it. I'll definitely at least get it shortened, but I'll play around with bustling. I just don't like the idea of dragging it around on the sand.

My mom had a cow as well when I said I was thinking of cutting it off "why did you get a dress like that if your going to cut it off!?" arg! I agree too that I don't want to carry it around all night. However, I think at this point I'm going to take the advice on keeping it and see if I can get it bustled. If not I will cut some of it off, and bustle the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users