Warrior Dash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Has anyone been in a warrior dash?

I'm running (will attempt to run) one this Saturday! I'm excited but I'm not sure what to wear..

My plan was spandex running shorts, sports bra and tank, and old sneakers..

Bottoms... now I'm wondering if shorts are a good idea?.. I'm reading mixed reviews.. Some say shorts because the mudd weighs other articles of clothing down.. and then read that pants are better due to crawling on the ground, etc.

Shoes... I have old sneakers... Or wondering if my Fila toe shoes are a better option..

Top... I'm now thinking a sports bra and tight t'shirt.

I wanted to be a lil dressed up so thought about vinyling.. "Let's Get Dirty!" on the front or back of my shirt... and tying the small sleeves up with pink ribbon and putting my hair in braided pig tails and wearing a bandana or something.. Im weird about my hair and I know everyone will be muddy and not even care.. but it's just the way I am..lol 

Thoughts.. Tips... Please share!!! :o)

If you are reading this and wondering what in the world I'm even talking about.... Check it out! www.warriordash.com

#2 kisha311

kisha311
    • Site Supporter
    • 259 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

My advice, wear shoes that you don't mind throwing out at the end. After it's over, you won't want/recognize them anymore! As a matter of fact wear all clothes that you won't mind wearing ever again! I plan to do a tough mudder next year or even a warrior dash, but my friends that have done them have gotten VERY dirty. You will start out cute, but it gets very ugly very quickly if you know what I mean.

The pants idea probably will help with the crawling on the ground. I would probably wear a full t-shirt instead of a tank as well. I'm all about keeping the mud out of as many unmentionable places as possible. 

It's a lot of fun though so just have a god time with it and don't worry about your appearance. Like I said, you'll want to throw out everything when it's done. 

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#3 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by kisha311 

My advice, wear shoes that you don't mind throwing out at the end. After it's over, you won't want/recognize them anymore! As a matter of fact wear all clothes that you won't mind wearing ever again! I plan to do a tough mudder next year or even a warrior dash, but my friends that have done them have gotten VERY dirty. You will start out cute, but it gets very ugly very quickly if you know what I mean.

The pants idea probably will help with the crawling on the ground. I would probably wear a full t-shirt instead of a tank as well. I'm all about keeping the mud out of as many unmentionable places as possible. 

It's a lot of fun though so just have a god time with it and don't worry about your appearance. Like I said, you'll want to throw out everything when it's done. 

Thanks Kisha for all your advice!! :o)

What's a tough mudder?

I'm thinking I might go tonight to find a nice pair of quick dry capris.. If they are cheap since they will probably be trashed afterwards.

I too don't want any mudd in odd places.. LOL.. I'm thinking of wearing bikini bottoms under my bottoms to help keep the mudd out :o)

#4 kisha311

kisha311
        • Site Supporter
        • 259 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

A tough mudder is almost the same as a warrior dash just a lot more torture and mud! You will have fun though.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#5 exercisecoach

exercisecoach
          • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

Hey, you're going to have fun at the Warrior Dash! I've done Run For Your Lives and the Diva Dash -- both obstacle races, but very different from each other.

I recommend fitted bottoms/tights and a comfortable top. I didn't wear shorts because sometimes you have to crawl and you may get some scrapes and bruises from the ground in shorts.

For shoes, for your first race, I agree, use sneakers you don't mind tossing afterwards because they will get MUDDY! If you were thinking about doing more races on a regular basis, inov-8 and New Balance design trail/off-road running shoes that are good for mud runs/obstacle races.

Have fun!

www.myexercisecoach.net

#6 liz24

liz24
            • 209 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

So fun !!

#7 Rainmaker

Rainmaker
            • 186 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 1, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I've always wanted to do a warrior dash but can never con a friend into doing it with me ;)

#8 EmmaBrown

EmmaBrown
            • 56 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

Sounds warrior-like indeed! Not sure I could manage all that mud. My suggestion would be to bring baby wipes along for easy clean up (old festival trick)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users