elissae

Elissae's RPRM Planning Thread for April 2, 2013 - PIC HEAVY!

Cocktail hour/reception project  - personalized straws

I ordered some pinstriped straws from Etsy (Sweet Treats Boutique) and made personalized flags for them.  I bought the paper for the flags at www.paperpresentations.com .  The paper is a Matte finish called Desert Storm). 

Here is the generic template I used for the flags:

Once I completed my design on the attached template, I printed the template and used a paper cutter to trim the flags.  I used double-sided tape on the back of the flags and folded them in half by pressing the ends together.  I then slid the flag onto the straw & secured it at the desired position with the tape.  I then pressed the paper tightly together around the straw.  Once the flag was secured, I cut out a "V" by freehand.

Additonal Things

I also ordered the following Thank You Cards for our Dinner Reception Plates from Etsy (That Pretty Invitation - Alexia Vondrachek) - they have been made navy blue with white print & personalized with our names.  I will post a picture when I receive...they are en route!  I am looking for affordable little burlap flowers to use to display them like in the picture.

I just picked out our wedding cake - same as this picture, yet green and white flowers instead of the pink roses.  We also ordered the anchor cake topper in the picture from Etsy (The Pink Owl Gifts).

More to come....we leave in 4 weeks!

Straw_Flags_Template.doc

• Like 1

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

Love everything you've done and especially that cake!

Thank you alexisinjamaica!!

I almost forgot to share with you the fabulous wedding clutch I just bought for our wedding day (Yes, Etsy strikes again!)!  Love Love Love it!

Here's a bigger picture of the cake topper I purchased in silver, but picked a different letter font:

Girl everything looks great!! I need to take the time to post all of my DIY projects on here as a post planning thread!! You're guests are going to love everything!!! :)

Originally Posted by kard613 View Post

I kinda want you to plan the rest of my wedding!  Your attention to detail is fantastic and your theme has come together so well!

Great Job!!

Oh kard613 - LOL!  That is cute & so sweet of you to say!  Thank you so much.  I cannot believe it's here.  All the planning does pay off.  Thank goodness for finding this site and starting my planning when I did.  Now it's just a lot of last minute things like my Table #'s and maraca placecard/tags, etc.

PS:  I would love to help you out or being a sounding board - just let me know.  I think I found my niche!

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Girl everything looks great!! I need to take the time to post all of my DIY projects on here as a post planning thread!! You're guests are going to love everything!!! :)

Gracias shan0487!  I cannot wait until they see everything!  I've been planning so long my guests are curious/jokingly asking me what I am going to do once it's all over.  I'd love to see your DIY projects!  Please let me know (PM me) when you start to post them!!! 

I sure will!!

I def miss it- even though it consumed my life I really enjoyed doing it.  But now i get to plan my MOH's baby shower in May!!! We had a Mexico baby made!! Just glad it wasn't mine! :)

I remember when you joined this thread- you have been planning for a long time!! :)

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Oh kard613 - LOL!  That is cute & so sweet of you to say!  Thank you so much.  I cannot believe it's here.  All the planning does pay off.  Thank goodness for finding this site and starting my planning when I did.  Now it's just a lot of last minute things like my Table #'s and maraca placecard/tags, etc.

PS:  I would love to help you out or being a sounding board - just let me know.  I think I found my niche!

Gracias shan0487!  I cannot wait until they see everything!  I've been planning so long my guests are curious/jokingly asking me what I am going to do once it's all over.  I'd love to see your DIY projects!  Please let me know (PM me) when you start to post them!!! 

Elissae,

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL planning tread.  You make me want to come to your wedding!  Such beautiful ideas and amazing DIY projects. 

Thanks for the shout-out smile03.gif May you have the wedding of your dreams! 

Your did a wonderful job on your wedding... You seemed very oranized... I seem o be all over the place.  I think I need to get myself a planner just to keep my ideas together...