Jump to content
elissae

Elissae's RPRM Planning Thread for April 2, 2013 - PIC HEAVY!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by kard613 View Post

 

Elissa, what color are your blue maracas? Mine came yesterday and I had ordered bright blue but for some reason when holding them up to the picture online they look like the light blue ones, although the packing slip says bright blue

Hi kard613,

 

I ordered the Large Brite Blue & the Large Lime Green ones.  It's possible they may have sent you the wrong ones...I would email Amols and send them a picture of the ones you received to confirm the color.  In the order they sent me I had a few broken /damaged ones that they replaced as well as a few Large Seafoam green ones - I could see the color difference.  Their email address is sales@amols.com.

 

Amols was great to work with and sent me the correct color green colored ones as well as replaced those that were damaged/broken.  They said I could toss the damaged ones and they sent UPS to pick up the incorrect colored ones for FREE. 

 

Let me know how you make out.  Good Luck!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank Elissa!  I actually did email them on Friday night and they put samples of both the blues in the mail to me today so I can compare them. I didn't even think to look through the entire box to see about broken ones, guess I will be doing that today. They're customer service has been very responsive and helpful so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by csho View Post

 

Wow all your planning looks great!!! I love your colour scheme!

Thank you so much!!!! xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I FINISHED MY CEREMONY PROGRAMS!!!!!  WOOT HOOT!!!  I ALSO COMPLETED MY GUEST BOOK FOR THE WEDDING RECEPTION!!!

 

I've been looking for a unique idea for our Guest Book for a few months now...I finally decided I wanted to have a beautiful hard covered coffee table book...perhaps a photo book of Playa del Carmen that our guests could sign.  Do you think I could find one???  Absolutely not.  

 

I then read on this forum that BDW Bride, Cougs created a Guest Book on Shutterfly using photos she found of Playa del Carmen on the internet as well as the website Flickr.  I found a lot of cool photos on FLickr and I also used some photos I took in Playa del Carmen when we stayed at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya (our wedding resort) almost 3 years ago.

 

Shutterly has some great photo book designs as well as promotional coupons all the time.

 

I just made this book this week & paid $44.05!  I just ordered it a few minutes ago & wanted to share.

 

I had a 40 % coupon which expires tomorrow (GIVEHEART) as well as free shipping (SHIP30) if you spend over $30!

 

Take a peak - so excited.to see the end result!

 

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZs27RqzZuGjk4&cid=SFLYOCWIDGET

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by elissae View Post

 

I FINISHED MY CEREMONY PROGRAMS!!!!!  WOOT HOOT!!!  I ALSO COMPLETED MY GUEST BOOK FOR THE WEDDING RECEPTION!!!

 

I've been looking for a unique idea for our Guest Book for a few months now...I finally decided I wanted to have a beautiful hard covered coffee table book...perhaps a photo book of Playa del Carmen that our guests could sign.  Do you think I could find one???  Absolutely not.  

 

I then read on this forum that BDW Bride, Cougs created a Guest Book on Shutterfly using photos she found of Playa del Carmen on the internet as well as the website Flickr.  I found a lot of cool photos on FLickr and I also used some photos I took in Playa del Carmen when we stayed at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya (our wedding resort) almost 3 years ago.

 

Shutterly has some great photo book designs as well as promotional coupons all the time.

 

I just made this book this week & paid $44.05!  I just ordered it a few minutes ago & wanted to share.

 

I had a 40 % coupon which expires tomorrow (GIVEHEART) as well as free shipping (SHIP30) if you spend over $30!

 

Take a peak - so excited.to see the end result!

 

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZs27RqzZuGjk4&cid=SFLYOCWIDGET

Love your guest book Elissa! I also did mine on Shutterfly but I took advantage of the free 8 X 8 photobook coupon I found and used our engagement photos.  It came out so lovely!  What size is your book? I am thinking I might want a bigger one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and another thing I am grappled with about this guest book (I used the same design as you did) is how to get people to sign it. Some of the pages have more detailed things to fill in and if the book is say in the front somewhere and is to be signed as people enter the reception, won't there be a long queue?  Do you plan to pass it around?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

Love your guest book Elissa! I also did mine on Shutterfly but I took advantage of the free 8 X 8 photobook coupon I found and used our engagement photos.  It came out so lovely!  What size is your book? I am thinking I might want a bigger one. 

 

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

Oh and another thing I am grappled with about this guest book (I used the same design as you did) is how to get people to sign it. Some of the pages have more detailed things to fill in and if the book is say in the front somewhere and is to be signed as people enter the reception, won't there be a long queue?  Do you plan to pass it around?  

Isn't it so fun!?!  I created the 8 x 1  photo book.  I realized this morning in the shower that I did not put Playa del Carmen anywhere on the book/cover or the resort name, but oh well!  No biggie...we will all know where we are/were.

As far as geting people to sign it, I may spread the word to the guests a few days prior to the wedding...just letting them know about the guest book and how there's fun things in there.  The majority of our guests are arriving Saturday and our wedding is Tuesday so I should be able to "spread the word."  I may also make an announcement at the reception as well and perhaps have some key friends even pass it around to sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:Originally Posted by elissae View Post

 

Isn't it so fun!?!  I created the 8 x 1  photo book.  I realized this morning in the shower that I did not put Playa del Carmen anywhere on the book/cover or the resort name, but oh well!  No biggie...we will all know where we are/were.

As far as geting people to sign it, I may spread the word to the guests a few days prior to the wedding...just letting them know about the guest book and how there's fun things in there.  The majority of our guests are arriving Saturday and our wedding is Tuesday so I should be able to "spread the word."  I may also make an announcement at the reception as well and perhaps have some key friends even pass it around to sign.

That sounds like a great idea!  I think I will do the same and "spread the word" as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

 

I love your thread!!! So many great ideas!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Thank you, jennifer8913!  xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×