Elissae's RPRM Planning Thread for April 2, 2013 - PIC HEAVY!

Originally Posted by Resplendent View Post

You have thought of everything.  Your wedding is going to be beautiful.

I sure hope I did not forget anything!!!  LOL!  Thanks to this website I was able to keep a list of TO DO's.  Thank you for your words of encoragement!!!

Originally Posted by Stephanie072007 View Post

You did a great job planning! Everything is going to turn out beautiful! I can't wait to hear about everything when you get back.

Thank you Sweetie!!!  It was so fun to plan...no I get to execute!  I will be sure to let all you ladies know how it went.   xoxo

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 View Post

Great gift ideas!!! All very thoughtful! :)

Thanks so much jennifer8913!!!!!!!!!  :-)

Originally Posted by jessd123 View Post

Its almost here!!! Yay!!

Can you believe it Jess?  We marry 2 weeks from today!!!!  I leave a week from tomorrow.  Holy S&*%^$#@!!!

I almost forgot!!!!  We applied for our NYS Marriage License yesterday.  It was pretty exciting and really brought to light that THIS IS HAPPENING!

We are having our Civil Ceremony (Legal Ceremony) in Playa del Carmen on Tuesday, April 2nd.  It's a random day, but because for a civil ceremony we have to be there 3 business days prior, it was the only day that seemed to work with our travel plans and all our guests travel plans.  We arrive next Wednesday 3/27.  Thursday, Friday & Monday are the 3 business days required.  Hence, Tuesday the wedding day.  The majority of our guests are coming Saturday 3/30 to Saturday 4/6

We will make it official for NYS when we come home.  We chose Monday April 8th.  Another random day, yes, but appropriate foor us, since this is our "dating anniversary date."  We will be together 8 years on April 8th.   My Fi's best friend got ordained online and he is marrying us.  So cool!

Congrats! So exciting! So you are getting legally married in Mexico, then having a symbolic ceremony and then getting legally married in the US?  Wow girl- sounds like a lot of weddings! haha.

Originally Posted by shan0487 View Post

Congrats! So exciting! So you are getting legally married in Mexico, then having a symbolic ceremony and then getting legally married in the US?  Wow girl- sounds like a lot of weddings! haha.

Thank you so much - yes exciting indeed!

No, just 2 weddings!  LOL

Our wedding in Mexico will be a Civil (Legal) Ceremony not a Symbolic one.  Symbolic ceremonies in Mexico are not legal.  We wanted to have that "just married" feeling and make it official there rather than getting married here beforehand and going and having a symbolic one there.

The easiest way to have it recognized in NY is to just do it here, too! 

Ok gotcha lol. 

We just did a symbolic ceremony in Mexico as we did not want to pay all the extra fees for everything and it didn't feel different!!

Hope you are all packed! :) Comes from the girl who finished packing the night before we left haha!

Originally Posted by elissae View Post

Thank you so much - yes exciting indeed!

No, just 2 weddings!  LOL

Our wedding in Mexico will be a Civil (Legal) Ceremony not a Symbolic one.  Symbolic ceremonies in Mexico are not legal.  We wanted to have that "just married" feeling and make it official there rather than getting married here beforehand and going and having a symbolic one there.

The easiest way to have it recognized in NY is to just do it here, too! 

I love, love, love everything about your wedding Elissae!! The colors, the details, your dress!! I can't wait to see pictures to see how everything came together!!

Your less than 2 weeks away!! CONGRATS!! 

FLOWERSI am trying to decide on my bouquet and Bill's boutonniere. 

Here's what I am thinking about - what do you think? I want to do whites and greens and maybe a small bit of coral and wrap the stems with burlap & maybe a little blue polka dot ribbon.  (I bought burlap and ribbon today at Michael's).  I'd love to hear your opinions.

700  700700

700 700

For Bill's boutonniere...maybe something with white & green and coral as well - with burlap somehow incorporated.

His suit looks like the 1st pic below.

I kinda like the boutonniere pictured in the first bouquet photo I posted...with some added coral...it's the green bulb below to the right of the bouquet.

For our table decor - I want to do square glass vases like these below with the same color scheme of whites and greens and a little coral.  The resort wants $36 USD per arrangment..  YIKES! That's already talked down from $45.

700 700

But I want to have lime slices in the vase water not the green leaves.  See inspiration photo below:

I am told our tables will be rectangle and seat 10.  We will have white table cloths with Organza blue table runners (which match our blue organza chair sashes for the ceremony).  I'd like to have 3 of the square vases per table centered & spaced accordingly on the table.  I bought some starfish to place on the tables as well.

Example of the blue organza for table runners and ceremony chairs.

Here's a pic of the restaurant at the resort where we are having the reception:

Our head table for 2 (looking down from the Mezzanine)

Originally Posted by Shaylaj View Post

I love, love, love everything about your wedding Elissae!! The colors, the details, your dress!! I can't wait to see pictures to see how everything came together!!

Your less than 2 weeks away!! CONGRATS!! 

Thanks Fellow Insanity Chica!!!  Congrats on finishing the program!!!  I cannot wait to hear your results....I'll follow your lead on that once you post them.

Thank you for your compliments!!!  I cannot believe it all came together.  I have some little doubts on a few things, but I am just going to roll with it.  It is what it is!  I cannot do anything about it now!

Yes, we leave next Wednesday!!!  Bill is presently in Las Vegas for March Madness (and I am sure some Bachelor Fun).  I have my final dress fitting tonight, tomorrow is hair, Saturday is FINISH INSANITY PROGRAM, ring dipping/cleaning, pick up my gown at the Bridal Shop and then BACHELORETTE NIGHT.  Sunday Bill comes back.  Monday evening mani/pedi, Tuesday evening bikini & eyebrow wax & last, but certainly not least, Wednesday morning - DEPART FOR PLAYA DEL CARMEN, MEXICO!

So, I kinda have a feeling the next few days will FLY BY!

You are not too far behind me!!!  June 7 will be here in NO TIME!

• 4 weeks later...

Elissae - I'm officially stalking your thread for photos of your wedding! I saw a peek in the dress thread, and had to hunt down your planning thread. So thrilled for your marriage, and can't wait to hear how it all went!