Home Rental

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arch713

• 161 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone has done a home rental in Florida for a wedding/reception. I know in Mexico/Caribbean villa/home rental is common with some great properties on the ocean/beach.

Any ideas,pictures, etc would be greatly appreciated.

#2 KBScarlett

• 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I haven't done it, but looked into it for a while.  I guess the first questions is always "what's your budget?".

In a very general sense, I found that places with direct water/beach front were $5000 and up, and IF they allow wedding at all (Many expressly forbid it), they charge an additional surcharge; $1,500 seemed to be the going rate.

If you're still looking, feel free to PM me and I'll try to hunt down what info I collected.  (I live in SoFL and have a little more knowledge of the Keys than average).

#3 Arch713

• 161 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks! I am so indecisive lately so I might take you up on your offer for more information.

Just curious, since you were looking at home rentals - have you decided on a location?

#4 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I held my wedding/reception at a house rental in Ft Myers Beach. The location felt like our own little resort! 

Here are some pictures:

FYI....The owner only allowed 30 people max at the time I had it, which was 3 years ago. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users