Jump to content

Photo

June 2013 Playacar Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 scottsteph

scottsteph
  • Newbie
  • 15 posts

    Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

    after further talking with elvia, you are correct.  only the photographer can waive the extra $500 fee.  they will just pay $94 day pass.

     

     

    sorry!



    #32 AmandaPierson

    AmandaPierson
    • Newbie
    • 54 posts

      Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

      no worries scottsteph!  my fianc© is a lawyer, i'm in law school, and combined we are pretty OCD about all of these contractual details :)  we just have a tight budget and are trying to make things work!  and now just about everyone is coming so we're going to have a way bigger wedding than we had planned for.

       

      when is your wedding going to be??



      #33 AmandaPierson

      AmandaPierson
      • Newbie
      • 54 posts

        Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

        Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

        Thank you Amanda, any idea how much all the extras will range? I know myself and definitely going to upgrade the flowers, add extra tables, DJ, decor, etc. msnparty.gif

         

        - I am new to the forum so I posted an reply to this at the end of the thread.. now I know I should "quote" instead of reply 

        Hey there!!  I think it can be literally anything and somewhat depends on where you're hosting the reception.  The in house DJ has its own rate and I'm not sure what extras will be associated with that.  I think for the ballroom venue option, its pretty easy to get carried away but you really don't need to have anything!  Beach seems cheaper to decorate in my opinion, I'd probably just string up some lights and let that be enough :) They do have a fee if you go over the 3 hour private function allotment (if you have unlimited private functions).  Also, there are some independent flower companies that are MUCH cheaper than what Playacar is charging.  Most will meet you in the lobby, too, so you don't have to pay a vendor's fee or anything (but you would have to do the set up yourself).

         

        Lea 710-- I sent my entire invite out super early (like 8 months in advance) and didn't do a save the date.  The way my package is with the TA is that I need final deposits by June so I felt like I'd have to send out the invites in like March/April but save the dates in Dec/Jan seemed too close so I just did it all in January.



        #34 MrsTobeD

        MrsTobeD
        • Jr. Member
        • 288 posts

          Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

          Originally Posted by AmandaPierson 

          Hey there!!  I think it can be literally anything and somewhat depends on where you're hosting the reception.  The in house DJ has its own rate and I'm not sure what extras will be associated with that.  I think for the ballroom venue option, its pretty easy to get carried away but you really don't need to have anything!  Beach seems cheaper to decorate in my opinion, I'd probably just string up some lights and let that be enough :) They do have a fee if you go over the 3 hour private function allotment (if you have unlimited private functions).  Also, there are some independent flower companies that are MUCH cheaper than what Playacar is charging.  Most will meet you in the lobby, too, so you don't have to pay a vendor's fee or anything (but you would have to do the set up yourself).

           

          Lea 710-- I sent my entire invite out super early (like 8 months in advance) and didn't do a save the date.  The way my package is with the TA is that I need final deposits by June so I felt like I'd have to send out the invites in like March/April but save the dates in Dec/Jan seemed too close so I just did it all in January.

          Thank you Amanda, which TA are you using, everyone in here talks about a Theresa from Vacations4less, but I emailed her about a week ago and haven't heard back. 



          #35 TammyWright

          TammyWright

            Admin & Owner

          • Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

          Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

          Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

          Thank you Amanda, which TA are you using, everyone in here talks about a Theresa from Vacations4less, but I emailed her about a week ago and haven't heard back. 

          Hi there, it is really unlike Teresa to not email back.  Do you have her name spelled correctly?  She does not have an "h".

           

          You can also try to contact her here: http://wrighttravelagency.com/inquiry/


          Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

           
          Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
           
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


          #36 Renewedbride

          Renewedbride
          • Newbie
          • 52 posts

            Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

            I actually have it in writing that for 2013 photographers and videographers are the only vendors that are allowed to just purchase the day pass and not pay an outside vendor fee!  I was pretty careful on this because it impacted how much I was able to budget towards my photographer altogether.  I do believe that other vendors, however, have the higher fee associated w/them.

            Did your wedding coordinator put it in writing because they told me there was a fee, but I don't want to use the in-house photographers.

            #37 AmandaPierson

            AmandaPierson
            • Newbie
            • 54 posts

              Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

              We're using Beach Bum Vacation (http://www.beachbumv...m/Weddings.aspx) for the wedding and they coordinated on the vendor situation.  We tested them out for the site check and everything went smoothly.  So far the only concern is that sometimes expedia will get our guests a slightly better package rate but we've renegotiated the rate a couple times to at least be able to match it in most cases. 

               

              It's just the photographer/videographer that doesn't have a fee- I think everyone else does so we're going to use house vendors for the rest.

               

              For September brides, what are your dates?  Our wedding is Sept. 1. but we're going to be there from Aug 23rd-Sept 2!

               

              Also I hate to ask this, but what are you guys doing about hurricane protection?  We haven't done anything and I'm starting to get really nervous about it!



              #38 AmandaPierson

              AmandaPierson
              • Newbie
              • 54 posts

                Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

                btw for Beach Bum I always get a pretty immediate response which has been my favorite part.  Like, I'll email on a Sat night and get something back right then, it's pretty awesome!



                #39 MrsTobeD

                MrsTobeD
                • Jr. Member
                • 288 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

                  Thank you Tammy! 

                   

                  Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

                  Hi there, it is really unlike Teresa to not email back.  Do you have her name spelled correctly?  She does not have an "h".

                   

                  You can also try to contact her here: http://wrighttravelagency.com/inquiry/



                  #40 ncirillo

                  ncirillo
                  • Newbie
                  • 5 posts

                    Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

                    Hola!

                    I am getting married at the Playacar Palace in November 2013, currently have around 45 confirmed guests. The resort is already completely booked for the first two days of our stay, meaning that friends/family who have not yet booked are now booking two days into the stay, and staying two days longer. Everyone had plenty of time to book though, so not much we can do! We knew this was a possibility when booking with a boutique resort.Some of our family and friends will be staying off of the resort and we will be getting them day passes for the wedding.

                     

                    I'm interested to hear where people are planning to have their ceremony and reception. I was planning for the beach for the ceremony and then the area by the pool for the reception, but need to have a back up plan in case it decides to rain on our parade!

                     

                    Are you using an outside wedding coordinator, or just using the decorations that they are providing?






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users