June 2013 Playacar Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#11 Renewedbride

Renewedbride
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hello Matt,

Beautiful photos! Do I need to request permission from the resort to higher you guys for my big day or are you guys on the acceptable outside vendor list? Also you know what fees are associated with hiring your company at Playacar Palace? Lastly, how do I find pricing for your services?

Thanks in advance!

#12 AmandaPierson

AmandaPierson
    • 54 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm a labor day weekend PP bride but wanted to crash :)  The resort just makes you buy a day pass for the photographer which isn't too bad :)

Does anyone know if they let you use the Luna Lounge for events?

#13 Renewedbride

Renewedbride
      • 52 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm not sure but I hope someone who has info on it also has pictures to submit. I'm unsure as to how Luna Lounge and the Solarium look. I would love to see photos of both.

#14 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
        • Vendor
        • 1,243 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Renewedbride 

Hello Matt,

Beautiful photos! Do I need to request permission from the resort to higher you guys for my big day or are you guys on the acceptable outside vendor list? Also you know what fees are associated with hiring your company at Playacar Palace? Lastly, how do I find pricing for your services?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Renewedbride,

Thanks for your kind comments and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!!

We have a great relationship with the Palace Resorts and last time we checked, you are only required to purchase a Day Pass for our photographers.

We would be happy to offer you pricing and ideas, just be so kind to provide us with your details: Del Sol Contact.

Super looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!

#15 calially18

calially18
          • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hi everyone,

From past PP wedding planners, does anyone have any info re: what exactly is included in the complimentary weddings?  For example if you have more than 30 people do they allow that or is it an upcharge. Also where did ya'll have your reception, did anyone have dancing cake cutting etc.  I found a few pictures of a dance floor on the beach but this said permit pending.  I'm just looking for some more specific info if anyone has recently gone I would love to hear your experiences.  We are planning on Nov. 2 2013.  Thank you.

#16 AmandaPierson

AmandaPierson
            • 54 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hey Calially!  Do you have 75 room nights?  If so, I think all the events are included, regardless of how big they are (of course decorations, music, etc. all is extra if you want it).  There is an upcharge for dinners on the beach though for some reason.  If you don't have the 75 room nights, I think there is a charge for the reception, but I don't know exactly what it is. 

#17 lynz797

lynz797
              • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

75 room nights does that mean if i have 60 guests booked that that will be enough?

#18 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by lynz797 

75 room nights does that mean if i have 60 guests booked that that will be enough?

Usually 60 guests will be more than 75 nights BUT you need to have a group contract to get these extra amenities...so if most of your guests booked via expedia or orbitz they most like will NOT qualify for the group amenities.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#19 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Just a reminder:

We have a Moon Palace & Playacar Palace Wedding Webinar Scheduled for Saturday, April 20, 2013 @ 9:00am PST.

The link above has registration information.

This is a great opportunity for current Moon Palace & Playacar Palace. brides and grooms or those considering the venues for the wedding location to get your questions answered. 

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#20 AmandaPierson

AmandaPierson
                • 54 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

We used a TA and got a group rate based on one of their sales (35% or 40% off that they do periodically).  We definitely had to push and kept showing the prices we were getting on expedia, etc. because we didn't think it was fair to make our guests go through our TA so we could get freebies and they would have to just pay more!  Since my fiancĀ© and I are going down a week early our room counts as 7 of the room nights!  A lot of family are coming down early too so it made it really easy to reach the room nights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users