• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 kellip17

kellip17
  • Site Supporter
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by EmbellishMe 

It's definitely great to find out that you're not the only one, thanks for this post!! I've been a bridesmaid twice and a maid of honour twice plus I have another close friend too.  This certainly doesn't seem like many compared to 9 and 12...WOW!!  I'm only having a maid of honour and 1 bridesmaid though and I'm having a hard time deciding who will be my bridesmaid which I suppose will depend on who can make it, right?  I think it will be a bit hard to not hurt my friends feelings but I really like the idea of including them in other ways, especially with the dress shopping.  I personally don't want to take everyone with me, I think it would be just too many opinions and I'm not sure I want to hear them all, lol!  I think you would be very brave kellip17 to take 8 or 9 ladies dress shopping with you :)  I'm sure now you've already went dress shopping...how did it go?  Did you take all 9 ladies?  Thanks again!

I actually went dress shopping for the first time last weekend and there were 6 of us.  I invited all of my girls but thank goodness some of them couldn't come!  I found it to be totally overwhelming and not fun!  I would recommend not taking that many people.  My entourage was very supportive and nice, but I couldn't gather my own thoughts because there was just too much chatter between all of them and the sales lady.  I went back to the bridal district on Tuesday but this time by myself.  It was a much better experience as the stores weren't busy and I could gather my own thoughts.  I then took my mom back on Wed. and bought the dress.  Lesson learned= only shop with 1 or 2 other people!!!  :)

#12 EmbellishMe

EmbellishMe
    • Site Supporter
    • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by kellip17 

I actually went dress shopping for the first time last weekend and there were 6 of us.  I invited all of my girls but thank goodness some of them couldn't come!  I found it to be totally overwhelming and not fun!  I would recommend not taking that many people.  My entourage was very supportive and nice, but I couldn't gather my own thoughts because there was just too much chatter between all of them and the sales lady.  I went back to the bridal district on Tuesday but this time by myself.  It was a much better experience as the stores weren't busy and I could gather my own thoughts.  I then took my mom back on Wed. and bought the dress.  Lesson learned= only shop with 1 or 2 other people!!!  :)

Thanks for the advice :) I was thinking of bringing 4 people along with, I might be rethinking that now, lol :)  I guess splitting them up into a couple trips might be okay :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users