Photo

My invitations (in the beginning stages)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 wade2893

wade2893
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

Wow...those look really nice!!

#22 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

I think they look very nice. I love the starfish!

#23 JanaBrooke

JanaBrooke
      • 82 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:42 PM

I love it! I've seen the use of the grass paper on a few invites lately and I am beginning to rethink my ideas for my invites - I love the way they look - they're GREAT!!

#24 ncainey

ncainey
        • 159 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Hi Galit! I am doing almost this exact same invite!! I was inspired by one from hanahouproductions but they were like twenty bucks a piece. We'll have to help each other out! What size starfish do you need for it?

#25 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

ohhh i love the color combo! and the starfish are perfect!

i agree, christa, adhesives suck!

#26 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
            • 812 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ncainey
              Hi Galit! I am doing almost this exact same invite!! I was inspired by one from hanahouproductions but they were like twenty bucks a piece. We'll have to help each other out! What size starfish do you need for it?
              I know! I can't believe I was going to pay so much money for invitations - I never would have believed that making them myself would be so easy. Although, I should probably admit now that I am having someone else do the printing because I wanted thermography (raised print) which you need a professional to do. As of right now, I am using 2-3 inch starfish that I ordered for placecards (but which ended up being too small). I am picking up my paper today and ordering the grasspaper... I still have to finalize the wording for the rehearsal dinner enclosure and I will be sending it to the printers! Hopefully I will be able to get things started by the middle of next week :)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christa
              I was thinking those M's must be something else :) Now I can see...and they look fantastic! I love the color combo also. You are on your way. Next, you get to learn about the wonderful world of adhesives and paper cutters. When you get there, post, because I learned some VERY hard lessons about adhesives :)
              Be my teacher Christa , I think it's time this young grasshopper was taught all you know so I can conquer adhesives

#27 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
              • VIP Member
              • 4,116 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:11 PM

No advice about adhesives from me! lol!

But just wanted to say that I think your invites are gorgeous!!! Love the colors, the fonts, the little starfish...can't wait to see them once you've got them all finished! Your guests are going to be impressed!

#28 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                • 672 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:21 AM

Where did you find the grass paper. This invite is fantastic and has the same feel as the one I decide to try and "knock off" from Encore Studios. I need to find the paper though, any ideas?

#29 Aimless911

Aimless911
                  • 391 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

Those really turned out beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself!

#30 TheTomato

TheTomato
                    • 45 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

I love the grass paper too! I'm attempting all natural looking elements for my wedding and love the texture. I tried searching online and found paper but for around $10 a sheet- a bit out of my budget. Buuuttt... I can't help but think you could use the wallpaper type and cut it? Like this: Natural Grasscloth: Paper My Walls

I'm not sure if you'd have to do anything to the edges to prevent fraying??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users