Photo

Food at the Hilton

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ali0624

Ali0624
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

Future and Former Hilton Brides - let's talk about food. I am in the midst of planning our menu and would love to hear what others are doing. Here is what I know so far
    Canap©s - Ceviche, and ?(I am looking for something light and maybe vegetarian)
    Salad - Tomato and Corn Salad
    Entree - Guests will choose between the Beef Tenderloin or Veracruz Style Fresh Fish

Other comments - all of the salads I tasted were great, but Bill really loved the tomoto/corn salad.
    The Cucumber/tuna canap© was great, but the ceviche is awesome.
    I also tried cheese and olive skewers, but was unimpressed. Click the image to open in full size.
    Ali

#2 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
    • 88 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

I am doing the jicama salad to start. The presentation was awesome. Then I am also doing the beef and the fish veracruz. Wasnt it great?! We are doing wedding cake (Jen Hatton) and then a surprise churros and hot chocolate bar 15 minutes before it ends. Is the ceviche during the cocktail hour?

#3 Ali0624

Ali0624
      • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Yes - the ceviche is for cocktail hour. I need to pick 2 other canap©s as well, so I'd love to hear any other Hilton ladies opinions. I'm thinking about guac and maybe something with fruit?Click the image to open in full size.
        Ali

#4 JENESIS

JENESIS
        • 394 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:07 PM

This was my menu

Canap©s

v Cherry tomato filled with mozzarella and pesto

v Black Forest Ham tartlet with camembert cheese and cherry tomato

v Goat cheese crostini with grilled vegetables

Tortilla CHips and Guacamole

First Course

v Pico de gallo salad with jicama, orange and cucumber marinated in lime and chile

Main Course (choice if one)

v Fish of the day wrapped in potato string with a cream citric sauce, zucchini and carrots

v Honey and ground black pepper BBQ chicken with broccoli gratin potato

v Marinated skirt steak served with baked potato, mini vegetables and smoked jalapeno salsa

Dessert

v Mini churros

v Mini Opera cake

v Mini Tres Leches cake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users