Sign in to follow this  
Shanbwh21

HELLLLP!!! Planning a Hawaii wedding in June 2013!!!!!

I need some insight from you lovely ladies on what to do?!?!? Where do I start?!?! I work Full Time & don't have time to check out each resort & reviews?!?!!? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!! eek.gif

I would highly recommend starting your search for a wedding coordinator.  Weddings on Maui can be super simple or super deluxe, a local wedding coordinator can take care of all the details for you so you can just relax!!

Hi!  I'm planning a wedding also and just came back from Hawaii this past Tuesday.  I started my research based on the fact that my fiance and I didn't want a cookie cutter wedding where everything is timed and the same as the next.  So I stumbled upon Puakea Ranch on the Big Island.  It is the most gorgeous place in person and incredibly magical.  Check out there website.  Christie the owner is the most delightful person you will ever meet.  Congratulations and happy planning!

I'm getting married there in September, so excited! Our wedding planner is Cherise Shulman, at www.theperfectweddingmaui.com. 

She is beyond wonderful! Our caterer is Food for the Soul. Side note: they will supply the bartenders and we're getting our alcohol at Costco and taking everything we don't drink back!  Our DJ is DJ Boomshot, photographer is Meew Meew Studios, officiant is Earnest Pua'a, and I'd love to have Jaime Lawrence do the ceremony music if it's in the budget. Still need to choose a florist. We are going with clear tents over a horseshoe table configuration and a portable parkay dance floor to lay over the existing cement pad. We may have a conch blower/fire knife dancer, those plans are still on the drawing board. I'd really like to have Kawika of Manutea Nui E (below) and his abs of steel at my wedding ;) We are having our rehearsal dinner at The Old Lahaina Luau. My bridesmaids dress (comes with straps) is the Asian Floral Maxi Dress from Cache and the flower girl dress is the coral dotted two-tone shantung at www.pinkprincess.com and my dress is Tadashi Shoji Chiffon Applique One Shoulder Gown.  I'm really pleased with the choices I've made. Good luck with your planning!

Photo: Kawika leads the way...

700$%28KGrHqN,%21qkFCSl,%28NMZBQooLcYdCg%7E%7E60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Hi there, I too am planning on getting married in Hawaii (O'ahu), but I am planning it from Australia!!! I've been googling non stop and it's difficult to ascertain which co-ordinators are reputable... my biggest fear is getting ripped off and not getting what we pay for :-( We have contemplated flying over for a week to see someone in person, but it is quite a distance and expense to travel for a short period of time...I've been to Hawaii twice before but I didn't know back then that I'd be planning a wedding there. If anyone has any hints, tips or ideas - please share!! We won't be having any guests (other than our 2 year old son) and we want something very secluded and private (I'm thinking maybe the North Shore or Ko'Olina??)

Hi 

Is any body having a wedding in Ko olina?  I only have 20-25 people.  It's not too many choice in this resort.  Any body has experience?  I do have JW proposal they gave me, including the price they will charge.  Their ocean front lawn for 1 hour ceremony is $1500 (Fri and Sat), $1000 (Other).  If anybody need the detail, i can share with you.  $1000 rental fee for just one hour ceremony is too much for me.