Off Your Chest

TammyB

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Husband's Family,

I have tried everything to be nice to you people. You all seem to like me. It has been 6 years and I haven't gone away. Of course, when someone comes to visit you and bends over backward and asks for nothing in return, there really is no reason to be mean.

The one time we ask you for something, to come to our wedding or our AHR, NONE of you show up. Not ONE! You didn't RSVP to either event. Had I known you would completely ignore us, I could have saved quite a bit of money on the invitations and postage. Since you didn't bother to send a card, much less a gift, we are really in the hole. Not to worry, I'll be sending your bills out soon. We will accept cash or check, even credit cards.

I could care less about the monetary value. The issue is that you don't support your family (my husband), haven't welcomed me into your family, or even acknowledged that something major has taken place in our lives. Next time you ask us to attend an event or move back to Kansas, I will politely smile and tell you to F-off. I will not be apart of nor raise my children around the attitude of "if it's not convient for me, I can't be bothered with it."

Oh and BIL & SIL...You call $40 a gift? Seriously? You got married 3 weeks before us, on purpose, and caused a big stink within the family because of it. You were the Best Man! Togeher you and your wife make over twice what we do. Have you never been in a wedding?

I gave your wife a $75 shower gift, that she scheduled on THE SAME DAY AS MINE! I have tried to welcome her into your whacked out family!

Your wedding gift was $150, because your brother, my husband, was a bridal party member!

Please forgive me for not feeling satisfied with the $15 toaster from the shower and the 2 $20 bills. Oh, and the spoons, how could I forget the obviously re-gifted spoons? Three kitchen spoons, all different colors, different bands, and not on my registry was kind of a tip off.

I'm so glad that I don't have to see any of you again until Thanksgiving. I'll be able to cool off by then.

Dear Erin's husbands family,

You guys are missing out on a relationship with an amazing girl. Get your acts together and treat her right or her BDW girls will straight up open a can of whoop ass on you!....and won't think twice about it!

Dear Erin's inlaws!

Are you related to my FI's because you sound like you are!!

I have advised Erin to tell you all to go fuck yourselves and never contact her again as you are quite bluntly oxgyen thiefs!! Unfortunately she has not taken this advice and will still be seeing you on Thanksgiven!

Yours psycho needing a drink shots.gif

Dear God,

You work in ways that are sometimes a mystery to me. Usually the things that you do are wonderful and generous. But what in the world would have caused you to take such a wonderful, caring, generous man from this world in such a terrible way? This person has done so much for the young people in our community and has touched the lives of people in a way the most could ever dream of doing. How could you take someone a way in such a cruel and and devastating way? WHat is the lesson that is supposed to be learned? If it was you dont know what you have until its gone? well the lesson could have been taught in a little gentler of way.

I am not happy with you, and my faith is beginning to fade.

Sincerly,

A very hurt and pissed off ladyfrown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
Dear Husband's Family,

I have tried everything to be nice to you people. You all seem to like me. It has been 6 years and I haven't gone away. Of course, when someone comes to visit you and bends over backward and asks for nothing in return, there really is no reason to be mean.

The one time we ask you for something, to come to our wedding or our AHR, NONE of you show up. Not ONE! You didn't RSVP to either event. Had I known you would completely ignore us, I could have saved quite a bit of money on the invitations and postage. Since you didn't bother to send a card, much less a gift, we are really in the hole. Not to worry, I'll be sending your bills out soon. We will accept cash or check, even credit cards.

I could care less about the monetary value. The issue is that you don't support your family (my husband), haven't welcomed me into your family, or even acknowledged that something major has taken place in our lives. Next time you ask us to attend an event or move back to Kansas, I will politely smile and tell you to F-off. I will not be apart of nor raise my children around the attitude of "if it's not convient for me, I can't be bothered with it."

Oh and BIL & SIL...You call $40 a gift? Seriously? You got married 3 weeks before us, on purpose, and caused a big stink within the family because of it. You were the Best Man! Togeher you and your wife make over twice what we do. Have you never been in a wedding?

I gave your wife a $75 shower gift, that she scheduled on THE SAME DAY AS MINE! I have tried to welcome her into your whacked out family!

Your wedding gift was $150, because your brother, my husband, was a bridal party member!

Please forgive me for not feeling satisfied with the $15 toaster from the shower and the 2 $20 bills. Oh, and the spoons, how could I forget the obviously re-gifted spoons? Three kitchen spoons, all different colors, different bands, and not on my registry was kind of a tip off.

I'm so glad that I don't have to see any of you again until Thanksgiving. I'll be able to cool off by then.
dear erin's new family
regardless of whether you choose to accept it or not, you are now family. act like it. $40 is barely a birthday gift, let alone a wedding present. you suck and i don't like you.
lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by STACEY View Post
Dear God,

You work in ways that are sometimes a mystery to me. Usually the things that you do are wonderful and generous. But what in the world would have caused you to take such a wonderful, caring, generous man from this world in such a terrible way? This person has done so much for the young people in our community and has touched the lives of people in a way the most could ever dream of doing. How could you take someone a way in such a cruel and and devastating way? WHat is the lesson that is supposed to be learned? If it was you dont know what you have until its gone? well the lesson could have been taught in a little gentler of way.

Sincerly,

dear stacey,
anything you want to talk about?
lauren

dear cousin,
why did you decide to pawn all of this work on me? you wanted to go camping. this was your baby. just because i dont work during the summer doesn't mean that i have time to chase after everyone and try to make reservations 2 weeks beforehand. i don't even want to go anymore.
grow up,
lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by STACEY View Post
Dear God,

Sincerly,

I feel exactly the same - I never had a deep faith now I have 0! but plenty hatred and anger

Dear guy who flipped me off this morning,

Seriously you are a douche. I am trying to merge into the lane and you speed up for no reason. I mean my car is bigger than your and I can squish you like the bug you are...but I still yielded and let you go. I tried again when there was room and you speed up. Thankfully my nice big fat car was able to squeeze into the spot you tried to take up. Aha! So if you feel like a man flipping off a woman in a soccer mom car, not knowing that their might be kids in the car, you are an ahole. I hope you get a flat tire tomorrow and get stuck on the side of the road and I see you so I can honk and wave.

Love,

Girl who was only trying to merge safely and used her freaking blinker