Off Your Chest

TammyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissah View Post
oops.gif i really hope you know i'm just joking!! i would never say anything mean to ANY of you girls and actually mean it sad.gif

now i feel like an smile117.gif

i'm so so sorry sad.gif

i am jealous though!! lol
oh goodness gracious....I know you were joking! Hope everyone didn't think I actually took it seriously!

Trust me however,...the grass is not always greener. I jump up and down in front of the mirror all the time and can't believe the stuff that is moving.....smile41.gif

Some more things while I'm at it:

Dear Stepdad:
Please do not try and bring weed into Mexico or try and buy some down there. I will be really embarassed if you are in jail instead of walking me down the aisle. Andy's family doesn't get the whole "taking out the garbage" joke and I hardly think they will find it funny. You are a grown man and a high school teacher with responsibilities...stop smoking out.

Dear FFIL:
Are you going to shave your body hair before this vacation? You were called "the missing link" in college for a reason. Please don't embarass your wife with all that back hair...yikes. I pray Andy doesn't start sprouting that stuff.

Dear Mom:
I promise to call you more to talk about YOUR life....not just my little exploits about job/wedding/etc. I'm sorry for always talking about myself...next time I'll call and just ask about how your day was! I'm not appreciative enough of everything you sacraficed for me being a single mom....I am such a selfish brat!

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak27 View Post
Just found this thread, and have a few things to get off my chest!

Dear Wedding Guests:
Why do you think that it isn't important to reply by the date requested? We even prepaid the postage, all you have to do is drop the card in the mail, you don't even have to put it in an envelope and seal it. Why have 100 of you still not replied 5 days after the RSVP date? Is it that difficult to check a box and drive by a mailbox?

And why do you think that if you are really coming, that it's a better idea to wait and make your flight arrangements closer to the wedding date, instead of now?

Also, I hope you're as excited about the wedding as we are!

Dear Self:
Stop stressing over the non-RSVPers. They aren't coming if they haven't replied yet, so just mark them as No and move on with it. Budget without them and leave a slight cushion.

Also, get on the treadmill tonigth and make that butt smaller! Hotel rooms with blackout curtains is not a good enough excuse for not working out while on business trips!

Dear UT:
I hope we beat you on Saturday, because I'm sick of losing the last few years. McCoy really is going to be demolished, I hope you're ready for a beating.

Dear FI:
I'm going to miss you next week when you move to Colorado, but I know it's for us and I'll be there after the wedding. Please don't eat pizza and burritos every night becuase since you currently don't fit in your swimsuit, you certainly won't in 5 weeks. I will take care of the dogs, don't worry!

Dear Boss:
Yes, I am very excited about leaving the company and moving to Denver. I'm sorry that you can't understand that I don't want to be stuck in this job for the rest of my life, although I graduated from law school I can now Fed Ex things very efficiently. Please understand I am more intelligent than you give me credit, and no, I don't like how you sing all the time. It's annoying.

WHEW! Thanks ladies!
OMG!!!! I think I just wet myself from laughing so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesr View Post
Thank you Tammy. I know she will get through it, its just not fair that she has to. At least she is still young, only 30, she has lots of time to hopefully fall in love again someday. I really want that for her.

It is just around the corner, its pretty scary.

Thanks for this thread Tammy, it helped me to say and think about some things I was holding inside. I am soooo pissed at my friend who sent me $40 in a card, maybe that is rude, but I spent $300 on her shower presents and wedding and got her what she wanted and went to stuff for her, and she can't show up at anything for me, or get a thoughtful gift, she just threw $40 in a card like I was someone she worked with and not a really good friend. I am so glad I can tell people that. I can't tell anyone in my life except for FH who was sooo pissed as well. I don't want anyone to think I am being a bitch. lol

You are TOTALLY NOT a bitch. I completely understand what you're going through. $40 is RIDICULOUS to give a friend as a wedding gift.

I have a very good friend who had a whirlwind year last year. Met her husband on Match.com in January, got engaged in March, bought a house in June, got pregnant in October and got married on New Years Eve. I gave her gifts for EVERY event. Engagement gift, house warming gift, shower gift (plus I helped pay for the shower), went to her bachelorette party, went to the spa with her the day before the wedding, I also bought food for the bridal party the day of the wedding so we wouldn't be starving while getting ready. Not to mention the wedding gift, then a pregnancy gift, a baby shower gift, I visited the baby in the hospital with a gift when he was born, etc, etc. You get the picture. Well, I've never even gotten a card from her for my engagement. No acknowledgment at all. Oh wait, that's not true. She acknowledged my engagement in HER WEDDING THANK YOU CARD. She thanked me for my gift and said, "We're looking forward to your wedding next year." How tacky!!!

So she invited me to the Baptism last week and I declined. I sent a card but with nothing in it. I'm done giving her gifts for awhile. I understand she had a crazy year, but enough already. I just wish she could get her head out of her selfish butt long enough to think about someone else for a change. (Sorry for the highjack - didn't realize my rant would be so long.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy&andy08 View Post
Some more things while I'm at it:

Dear Stepdad:
Please do not try and bring weed into Mexico or try and buy some down there. I will be really embarassed if you are in jail instead of walking me down the aisle. Andy's family doesn't get the whole "taking out the garbage" joke and I hardly think they will find it funny. You are a grown man and a high school teacher with responsibilities...stop smoking out.

Dear FFIL:
Are you going to shave your body hair before this vacation? You were called "the missing link" in college for a reason. Please don't embarass your wife with all that back hair...yikes. I pray Andy doesn't start sprouting that stuff.

Dear Mom:
I promise to call you more to talk about YOUR life....not just my little exploits about job/wedding/etc. I'm sorry for always talking about myself...next time I'll call and just ask about how your day was! I'm not appreciative enough of everything you sacraficed for me being a single mom....I am such a selfish brat!

Amy - you're so freakin' funny!!!! Those bits about the back hair and pot are hysterical!!!

Jen, no need to apologize for the hijack, this is all about getting things off our chest.

I am so glad you declined and did not give her anything. I don't think she deserves another gift from you for as long as she lives. Maybe she will make it up to you with your shower and/pr wedding. I really hope she does.

That is pretty disgusting acknowledging your engagement in a thank you card and not sending a card for it or even calling you. I really hope for her sake she sees the light soon.

Dear BDW,

Sometimes I wish i could stay up all night just to be able to reply to everyone on time!! All the posts that I have missed since yesterday (and that's ALOT) I would like to wish respond by saying I hope you all have a fantastic day!! YOU DESERVE IT!

Dear FI,

I love you very very much! Even when I'm grumpy, like this moring!! I do not appreciate your patience enough!! On another note..just because your elbow began hurting last night...it does NOT mean you have Gout! You probably twisted it or did something to it! Same goes for your shoulder injury last week...you do not have shoulder cancer! I don't know how many times I can tell you this..but you don't!

Dear Amy08,

I second your letter about your mom!!! I feel so bad that all I've been doig lately is talk about this wedding and my job crap!!!

Dear Mom & Dad,

Things will get better..I PROMISE!!!! I miss you and dad more than words can say and would do anything to help you out of this situation! I love you, and admire you more than you know! I do not tell you enough how much I see the 2 of you in me everyday and that I love it! Please sell your new house in jersey and move out here to AZ! I miss you so so so so so much!! Everytime I get off the phone with you I cry.....

Dear Daddy,

I wish so much that you would wake up one day and remember why you married my mother. She loves you so much, and has loved you for so many years. I hate that after almost 30 years of marriage you two live in a house together and don't speak a word to each other. It hurts me so much to talk to your wife, my mother, and hear the sadness in her voice. It breaks my heart that you spend all your money on designer jeans, shots at the bar, and perfect strangers as if you were a college frat boy. I hate that she can't leave you because she doesn't have enough money to leave you. And worst of all, I hate that I canâ€t protect her from you.

I want you to know that because of you, I question my ability to be loyal and true to my future husband almost daily. I am so afraid that I will wake up one day and decide he isnâ€t enough and that I need someone else to make me feel loved and complete, the way you felt when you cheated on my mother. I tell myself I could never hurt anyone I love so very much, but then I remember how you did… I am after all, your daughter.

Most of all, I wish you would just make up your mind and leave if that's what you want to do so that we can move on with our lives. I love you so very much, but you have broken my heart and I won't let you do that to my little sister. You have done enough damage. It's time to either wake up and be a man, husband, and father... or leave us all alone.

My mother deserves better. My sisters deserve better. I deserve better.

Your daughter,

Galit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galit View Post
Dear Daddy,

I wish so much that you would wake up one day and remember why you married my mother. She loves you so much, and has loved you for so many years. I hate that after almost 30 years of marriage you two live in a house together and don't speak a word to each other. It hurts me so much to talk to your wife, my mother, and hear the sadness in her voice. It breaks my heart that you spend all your money on designer jeans, shots at the bar, and perfect strangers as if you were a college frat boy. I hate that she can't leave you because she doesn't have enough money to leave you. And worst of all, I hate that I canâ€t protect her from you.

I want you to know that because of you, I question my ability to be loyal and true to my future husband almost daily. I am so afraid that I will wake up one day and decide he isnâ€t enough and that I need someone else to make me feel loved and complete, the way you felt when you cheated on my mother. I tell myself I could never hurt anyone I love so very much, but then I remember how you did… I am after all, your daughter.

Most of all, I wish you would just make up your mind and leave if that's what you want to do so that we can move on with our lives. I love you so very much, but you have broken my heart and I won't let you do that to my little sister. You have done enough damage. It's time to either wake up and be a man, husband, and father... or leave us all alone.

Your daughter,
Galit
You should print that out and give it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galit View Post
Dear Daddy,

Your daughter,
Galit
galit - that gave me the chills - i am glad you got it out!