Site Visit Planning for AIs

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:09 PM

If I wanted to do site visits at AIs in the Mayan Riviera but am not planning on staying at all the places I'm visiting, how does that work? Do I have to pay for day pass to see the rooms and eat one meal? Do I set it up in advance with their wedding coordinator? Will they let me on the property?

#2 Allaballa

• 113 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

I would definately advise you to set up a time with the wedding coordinators prior to going down there. They will probably send you their packages as well so you can do some research before-hand.

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 04 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

contact the wedding coordinator/dept at the resorts you are interested and ask them to send some wedding info (helps weed out the resorts that just won't work for you).

if you are still interested then you schedule an appointment with the WC.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 RoSean

• 140 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:18 AM

Definitely let the wedding coordinator know you are visiting and set up time to meet with them. Also, prior to going there, narrow down your choices. The water is inviting and instead of doing site visits, you may just want to relax on the beach.

When we went in August, the wedding coordinator waived the day pass fee for us so we spent the day at the resort and ate in all the restaurant. We wanted to make sure that the food and service was great. We planned to visit 2 AI resorts and ended up only going to one, Dreams Cancun. To us, Dreams had everything we were looking for.

#5 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

Were you able to see the Cancun hotel strip from Dreams Cancun? It gets such good reviews, but I was hoping for somewhere outside of Cancun...

#6 carmine

• 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:35 PM

We went down there in April to do this!! We visited around 8 AI's and chose Secrets Capri... with Excellence as a close second (we don't have any children attending, so the adults only option was fine with us).

We didn't need to set up any appointments before we arrived- basically, every morning we would call a couple of the resorts and set up a time to meet with the wedding coordinator. Give yourselves a good few hours between each property (to allow for travel time and the tour). Some took longer than others, of course because we either loved it or knew it was a no pretty much right away. All the WC's we met with were very helpful. They toured us around the resort, pointing out possible wedding/reception locations, restaurants, rooms, and anything else. We left each one with a package that we could review later. We didn't have to pay for anything- the WC will leave your name at the entrance to the resort. Just make sure you get the name of the WC at the property so that you can let the security know!

Hope this helps!

#7 Michelle&Steve

• 208 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

how much do they usually charge for site visits?
              "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#8 carmine

• 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

No charge that i'm aware of- unless you plan to stay the day to try out their facilities- then you'd prbably be charged for a day-pass.

#9 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:34 PM

So I'm having a hard time narrowing down and a friend told me it makes a difference to actual stay over at a resort vs. just visit it to get a real feel for everything - did you guys do this? I have 3 nights, but I was planning on visiting resorts from Puerto Morelos all the way down to Tulum...

#10 carmine

• 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:16 PM

We stayed in the area for 8 days, mainly for site visits, but also a little vacation. We saw 8 resorts during the week, and stayed at each for only about 3 hours to get a quick feel. For us, we didn't need to actually spend the night, we pretty much knew right away which one we were going with!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users